Chapter twenty - three: You and me and all of the people

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'"Na Bi!" Haraboji said out loud as he saw how wrecked Shin Hye was at that time.

"Shin Hye!" Her father said as he ran towards her but he was stopped. "Eric!" He then ran to the huge cage with his grandson in it.

"Finally..." Haraboji's brother said as he turned and faced his younger brother. 

"Hyung! What's the meaning of this?" Haraboji asked in anger.

His brother scoffed at him. "I have a lot of bones to pick with you!" Haraboji's brother said. 

"If it's me, then just me. Why my children? Why my family?" Haraboji asked his brother.

"Because... You have ruined me of my possibility to have a happy life." Hyungnim answered him filled with hate and contempt.

"How? I told you Oboji didn't give me as much as you think it was. I showed you his will together with Lawyer Jang." Haraboji reminded him.

"I know that! I also know that behind our back, he gave you more. That's why you can build your empire!" Hyungnim insisted.

Haraboji exasperated, "i told you... I won a grant and that's where I build the hospital. That had nothing to do with haraboji's money. In fact, here!" He handed a document. "In this document, it is stated that I had returned all the money I have inherited and put them into charity to help the orphans." Haraboji said. "Let my family go." Haraboji pleaded. 

"Why should I? While they are here... I might as well get you to transfer your wealth!" He chuckled. 

"Fine! I'll give you everything!" Haraboji said.

"Haraboji! Don't! He's not worth it!" Shin Hye shouted. Haraboji's older brother sneered at Shin Hye.

"Oboji!" Jin Ho held his father's hand trying to talk him some senses.

"Gwenchana..." Haraboji said slowly. "It means nothing to me... My family is my life." He said confidently as he looked at his brother in confidence. 

Flashback Four days before...

Shin Wan entered the meeting room, haraboji tried to look calm and collected and so did Jin Ho. The buyer of the hospital had finally decided to meet them up and to settle the issue face to face. The offer was more than they could ask for but the buyer insisted.

"I don't feel right taking this offer." Haraboji voiced out.

"They insisted haraboji." Shin Won replied as he sat in front of him.

"Why? Our offer was lower than this." Haraboji pointed out. "It's enough for us." He added.

"That's why they wanted to meet us today, so that we can understand their intentions. I do think we should give them the benefit of the doubt." Shin Won explained to his grandfather. Haraboji nodded slowly since his most trusted grandson insisted. 

While discussing of what Haraboji would plan to do in his future, the secretary beeped the intercomm announcing the arrival of their guests. 

"They're here!" Haraboji said nervously as he looked at Jin Ho first then Shin Won.

"I'll get them." Shin Won stood up as well as his elders eagerly anticipating the mysterious buyers. 

As the door opened, to haraboji's surprise, "Eo? Lee.... Lee Min Ho-ssi? So, you are the owner of MS Corps?" 

Min Ho bowed at Harabojia and then to Obonim, he went forward to offer a hug to haraboji which he contemplated for a bit but then accepted it. Then Min Ho hugged Shin Hye's father, "Obonim..." He said happily.

"Obonim?" Haraboji asked quietly as he was not sure of what was going on. 'Hm... Maybe he still respect Jin Ho because he is her father.' Haraboji thought to himself.

"So, let's get straight to business then." Shin Won said as he pulled out documents to be signed. 

"Alright..." As they all sat down, Min Ho smiled and nodded at Shin Won amicably. 

" I hope you don't mind if I propose something." Min Ho said as he put the cap of his pen on and secured his documents neatly then handed it to his secretary, Mr. Jang. Mr. Jang then handed out another documents, Min Ho took it and gave a proposal to each of them. "Please look through the re-construction of the management and administration."

Haraboji opened it and read through it and raised his eyebrows as he read some of the re-construction Min Ho had done.

"Who is this Dr. Stella Park that you are going to put under administration and as Head of Paedetrician? I have not heard of her." He asked curiously. 

"She is my partner and the mother of my child." Min Ho answered calmly.

"Eo? Oh..." His face showed disappointment a little bit as he recalled of Shin Hye but he knew that Shin Hye probably had moved on and have a better life. He knew she would wish the best for Min Ho. "I am happy to  see that you are happy." He said meekly. "Lee Min Ho sajangnim, can I say something?" Haraboji asked politely.

Min Ho turned to face him, "Ahh.... H-haraboji, you can just talk to me comfortably." Min Ho requested. "Just call me Min Ho." He continued. 

"A-araso... Min Ho... Can I say something then?" HAraboji repeated.

"Neh, haraboji." Min Ho nodded a little bit.

"I want... I want to apologize for the past... If it wasn't because of me... You and...." Before Haraboji continued Min Ho cut in.

"Please!" He stopped him as he held haraboji's hand tightly. "It's in the past. I don't want to remember it. Both of us are happy with our path now." Min Ho assured haraboji.

"Ah... Neh..." Haraboji said respectfully. "Please forgive me." He said.

"It's long forgotten and forgiven." Min Ho said.

"But... Won't your wife be angry that you are purchasing our hospital. She would find.." Before Haraboji expressed his concern, once again Min Ho cut in.

"Aniyo Haraboji... We both have looked at this objectively. We see the true potential of this hospital and we feel that we can help to revive this with proper management. " Min Ho said full of calibre. "Beside, it's one way that I could bind her to stay in this country." Min Ho chuckled jokingly.

"Ah... Neh..." Haraboji gave Min Ho a smile of relieved. 

Just then before they continued their conversation, Secretary Jang re-appeared and whispered something in Min Ho's ear. He nodded. 

"Haraboji... Would you like to meet my wife?" Min Ho asked politely.

"Ah... J-Jin Ho... Are you alright with this?" Haraboji asked as he didn't want Jin Ho to get hurt.

"Arassoyo Obonim."Jin Ho assured him.

"Alright then, eventually we will meet again since you still want us to work together." Haraboji said calmly to Min Ho.

Min Ho excitedly replied, "I will get her." He walked outside eagerly. 

The door opened and Min Ho entered with a woman who was hiding behind his back, Haraboji couldn't even catch a glimpse of her.

"This is my wife, Dr. Stella Park." Min Ho said. 

Haraboji smiled and bowed a little bit to show respect.

"Ah... Oh no..." He heard a soft voice, "Ani... Haraboji... Park Shin Hye Imnida." His wife introduced herself. 'Park Shin Hye? They have the same name?' Haraboji was filled with curiousity that he quickly lifted his head and to his surprise, "N-Na-Na Bi?!" He couldn't believe his eyes. "Ani... Ani... I'm sorry Samonim..." Haraboji apologized for his rash behaviour.

"Hara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter