Chapter Twenty-nine: Our ship will sail further...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The court went silent when all of the solid evidence were being presented in front of the juries. All of Park Soo Jang's children were present to watch the fall of their most despised father. Eun Kyung displayed the most hatred on her face whenever Park Soo Jang flashed a smile at them as if he was thinking that they were there to support him.

"Jury, have you got your verdict?" Asked the Judge.

The leader of the juries, stood up and bowed, "Neh, your honour." He then moved towards the officer to relay their result to the judge.

"Hmmm..." The judge read their verdict with a little nod. No one could read the facial feature that the judge displayed. He then slowly fold the result back and put it on his table, he looked at Haraboji and then Park Soo Jang, his eyes then darted to the rest of the court room. He cleared his throat, "This case is a no brainer, if I read the verdict out, some may think that the result would be manipulated or changed easily by the other party but with the strong and clear evidence being presented, there is no way that one could look the opposite. With the verdict being given by our juries, 100% nominated Park Soo Jang with attempted murder, act of abandoning his children and first degree embazzlement of several named companies' finance as well as first degree black mailing and kidnapping. He will be spending his time at the high security jail for 50 years. The time will be reduced if he presented with decency in behaviour and doing voluntary community work for 5 years without any breaking records that will lead him to increase the number of years he would spend in the high security jail." The judge then hit his hammer to indicate that the final result was not going to change anytime soon. 

Everyone on the victim side clapped and some cried in happiness with the verdict being presented. Shin Hye couldn't help sobbing very hard, she felt that the curse that had sat on her shoulders for a very long time had been lifted and she could breathe fresh air again. Eun Kyung ran towards Shin Hye and the both of them hugged one another tightly feeling the burden they both had carried off their chest.

"It's over.... It's finally over...." Shin Hye cried as she hugged Eun Kyung.

"It is... I can't believe it... It's finally over...." Eun Kyung said. 

When things began to settle, everyone headed to Haraboji's home to comfort one another especially to offer comfort and support to Park Soo Jang's children. 

Shin Hye and Eun Kyeung sat outside on the swings as Shin Hye held her hand.

"Are you feeling alright Imu?" Shin Hye asked comforting her. Eun Kyung rested her head on Shin Hye's shoulder.

"What would I do without you?" Eun Kyung said as she exhaled a sigh of relief. 

"Seriously, are you feeling okay?" Shin Hye asked feeling worried and sensing that Eun Kyung was a little bit sad. 

"I am actually truly relieved that he is being put somewhere whereby he couldn't hurt anybody else." Eun Kyung exhaled heavily again, "But as a daughter..." Tears dropped heavily as she began to cry. "I was upset...." Eun Kyung cried some more which made Shin Hye cried as well. "I am upset because... how could he let himself being dragged into such shameless act... How could he not be grateful to Obonim for helping him to take care of us but instead even tried to hurt him. And... You... And this baby..."

"Shh......" Shin Hye tried to coax and calm Eun Kyung down. "Gwenchana... Everything is alright now. He will learn his lesson. I understand your feeling." Shin Hye tried to help her out. "You are a good daughter. You tried your best but you have to remember that he is also a human being with his own desire and will. He is old enough to understand that what he did was wrong and he intentionally wanted to do it despite being given good reasons not to."

"I am just scared that I might be like him, Eonnie..." Eun Kyung said. Shin Hye realized how vulnerable Eun Kyung was at that moment, she patted Eun Kyung's back to show her support.

"I am sure you are not even every bit of him." Shin Hye pulled her and held her shoulders and looked into her eyes with an encouraging smile, "NOT EVEN AN ATOM in your body! You're haraboji's daughter since he took you in. You're different and you are special." Eun Kyung smiled feeling very relieved hearing from one of her oldest and dearest friend.

"Thank you my niece." Eun Kyung said and hugged her tightly. 

"Yah!" Shin Hye protested but ended up laughing at Eun Kyung's chesiness. 

*******************************

It had been a few months after the entire circus debacle that their family had to go through was over. Shin Hye felt relieved and calm most of the time. The anxiety she had at that time was warranted by her baby who would be born anytime soon. 

"What are you doing sitting out here on our bench?" Min Ho asked as he missed his wife who was missing from the living room when he tucked their son to sleep. 

Shin Hye was looking at the vast sky reading the stars floating beautifully at the sea of the galaxy. She turned to her husband who was standing next to her looking down at her. She presented him with a happy smile and reached for his hand and pulled him to sit next to her. Min Ho obeyed and sat comfortably next to her, he wrapped his arm around her and brought her closer as he rested his chin on her head. He inhaled deeply the addicting scent of his wife. 

"Hmmm..... You smell......." He paused a little bit as he was thinking of the perfect word.

"I smell?" Shin Hye asked as she looked at him. 

"Wait... I am not done thinking yet." He said.

"Hmmm.. want me to help you with that?" She .

"Yah... My brain is perfectly good." He stucked his tongue at her.  Shin Hye smiled at his cute reaction.

"Arrassoyo Oppa..." She laughed some more.

"Ah.. I got it... You smell.... " He was about to say it but Shin Hye cut him in.

"Sweet!" She tried to guess. 

Min Ho gave her a sad face and shook his head indicating she got it wrong.

"Delicious?" She looked at him questioningly.

He smiled at her and shook his head. 

"Then what is it?" She gave up feeling a tad impatient unable to guess him.

Min Ho slowly brought her closer to him and hugged her tightly. "You smell like an addiction." He expressed. He then kissed his wife's head and inhaled her scent further.

"Ouch..." Shin Hye grimaced.

"Eo? What's wrong?" Min Ho asked worried. "Is the baby kicking again? I am so going to lecture her on how to appreciate her mommy and not to kick her mommy anymore." He kidded. 

"Oppa... I think... You are about to do so..." Shin Hye winced more.

"Eo? Are you in labour?" He asked worried.

Shin Hye was only able to nod at him.

"Why didn't you say so? You're a doctor for goodness sake!" He scolded her feeling worried that she didn't inform him regarding her feeling the frequency of her contraction. "Come on... We have to go to the hospital now." Shin Hye stood up and walked slowly as she was assisted by her beloved husband along. 

****************************************

****News: Lee Min Ho welcomes a princess******

[+97: -0] Wow! Congratulations to both Korean Royal couple. We hope your wife will recover very soon  and hope your healthy baby girl will look very pretty.

[+34: -67] Oppa... How could you do this to us? 

[+88:  - 14]  I hope he would reveal his wife soon. I heard they had been together for a long time. Why does he need to keep his wife a secret?

**** News: Lee Min Ho and wife buy pink items for their new bundle of joy***

*****************************************

"She looks like me right?" Min Ho asked Shin Hye who was sitting down resting after feeding her new born daughter. She looked at him and narrowed her eyes.

"She looks like me!" Shin Hye protested.

"Ani! She is my daughter." Min Ho kissed his daughter's cheek deeply. The baby stirred as her beautiful sleep was disturbed by her father. 

"Yah.... Don't wake her up!" Shin Hye hit his thigh lightly warning him. 

Min Ho chuckled as he slowly walked away from his recovering wife. He still couldn't stay away from his new born daugther. He felt his family was complete. He put down his daughter into her crib and stared his wife who was struggling not to fall asleep. "Ah... This youja.. Kyeoptta." He whispered. He walked slowly to her and straightened her to lie down properly on her bed.

"Let's sleep for a bit." Min Ho adviced her. 

"Hmm...." Shin Hye replied weakly.

"You need to sleep when the baby is sleeping." He explained to her again.

"Hmm..." Shin Hye nodded slowly as Min Ho slowly placed her head on her pillow.

 He then lie down next to her and stared into his wife's beautiful sleeping place. Shin Hye was snoring lightly. He smiled watching her. He then trailed his eyes to her entire face, she looked a tad pale and her eye bags were showing. He touched her face and carressed her cheek. "Mian He... For making you going through a tough time. Gomawo for loving me and having our chidlren. A huge sacrificed you made which I can never repay." He whispered. As if Shin Hye heard him clearly, she mumbled, "Gwenchana...." In a very soothing voice. 

Min Ho just stared at her smiling and contently until he slowly fell asleep too. 

***************************

"Can't believe she is already three months old!" Min Ho cried when Shin Hye told him their daughter turned three months old that day. "I want her to stay as a baby forever." He whined as he sat next to Shin Hye.

"I felt exactly the same with Eric." Shin Hye told him as she sipped her medicinal herb tea and smiled at him. "Keunde Oppa, you shouldn't say stuff like that, it's considered bad luck."

"It's heart breaking." He made a sad face as he looked at his beloved daughter. Shin Hye couldn't help but chuckled. 

"Aigooo...  I don't want our daughter to be spoilt." Shin Hye told him. "Anyway, quit holding her. Now, all she wants to do is being held and it is all your fault." Shin Hye scolded him. Min Ho gave her a silly grin.

"But... This is all new to me... I didn't..." Min Ho realized what he was about to say might hurt her feeling, therefore he stopped and pretended to kiss his sleeping daughter.

Shin Hye was sharp enough to understand what he meant and decided to sip the rest of her herbal medicial tea. She then inhaled deeply and placed the empty cup down. 

"Oppa... Mian he..." She apologized.

"Wae?" Min Ho asked as he looked at his wife.

"For running away from you." She admitted. Min Ho leaned closer and kissed her. "Eo?" She looked at him puzzled for his reaction.

"Please just forget it... We are happy now. Having you here now is more than what I can ask for. These children of ours are like bonus from God. I am content." He said to her. Shin Hye smiled and slowly got closer to him. She then kissed him lightly on his lips.

"Saranghaeyo Oppa." She admitted to him.

"I love you more." He whispered demanding more kisses from her. Shin Hye tolerated him by giving him pecks of kisses on his lips. "I think we are ready for another baby." He teased.

"Yah!" Shin Hye backed. "I need to rest too!" She scolded him lightly afraid of waking up their daughter contently cuddling in MIn Ho's hand. He gave her an evil grin and Shin Hye scrunched her face at him. 

**************************

Three years later....

Min Ho attended an interview of his come back concert after he had released an album a month earlier. 

Heechul: So, you are finally coming back to this industry? A year back, you were awarded as the most innovative business man in Korea and you have two children. You are a busy man indeed.

Min Ho: I owe everything to my beloved wife and my family. Without her, none of this could probably happen. Her eternal loving support really have elevated me to reach my full potential in all areas of my interest.

Heechul: She must be a super woman for making you a superman. Will we be seeing her around? You have kept her under the radar for quite sometime and even your children.

Min Ho: Since we have discuss this, she is ready to show who she is and during the concert, I have requested her to perform with me as we had co-written two songs previously and I have featured her in some of my songs. 

Heechul: This new album of yours is certainly different from before. Some of the fans have described that this album of yours is specifically dedicated to celebrate love.

Min Ho: I would agree so too. Indeed, I did  intend it to be more about celebrating love and a dedication between two people who love one another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter