Chapter Twenty-Eight: Reconnected...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait! What?" Shin Hye was still processing the entire thing in her mind. "You are Kim Eun Kyung, right? I meant, we studied together in London. We were alwasy together." 

"Kim Eun Kyung?" Haraboji looked at whom he referred as Se Yol most of the time. 

Eun Kyung cleared . "Oboji.. Omoni... I hated the name Park Se Yol, most of the memories that Se Yol had were very dark and sad. When Oboji decided to send me to study to London, I decided that, it was time for me  to start anew and it began with changing my name legally. The moment I turned 20 years old, I applied to change my name in court. So, that is when the story of Kim Eun Kyung began. Kim ...." Before Eun Kyung continued, haraboji cut in.

"Noonim.... Kim Eun Sang." Haraboji continued. He suddenly became very teary when he remembered their state when they found them. If he could turn back time, he would want to save his sister-in-law but her life was wasted for the man whom she foolishly loved, threw her love away. Shin Hye being hormonally unstable started to cry when she heard the story of the hardship of her newly known aunty. 

"Wae? Wae?" Nobody noticed when Min Ho entered as they were emotionally involved in listening to Eun Kyung life story. "Eh? Dr. Kim?" He greeted Eung Kyung. He then focused back to Shin Hye who was crying buckets of water. "Why are you crying? Where does it hurts?" He tried to check his wife.

"Ani... Grand son-in-law... She was sad listening to her aunt's story." Helmoni explained gracefully. 

"Her aunt? Who?" Min Ho asked as he massaged Shin Hye's back trying to calm her down.

"I am." Dr. Kim Eun Kyung said as she raised her hand.

"You?" Min Ho pointed at her surprised by the turn of the event. 

"Neh... It's her. You know, she is the youngest daughter of haraboji's brother." Shin Hye said as she sobbed. Haraboji started to tell the entire thing again and whenever necessary helmoni would interject or Eun Kyung would. 

"Ah...." Min Ho nodded wide-eyed still not able to process the entire thing. 

"Take your time." Eun Kyung said as she chuckled.

*********************************************

The family were almost complete. Shin Won was a bit late than usual. Everyone was gathering and the lively living room sounded like a baseball stadium to haraboji and helmoni. Everyone was updating one another, cousins were talking and teasings, those who have children would have children playing around and running around. 

"I can't believe all this turnout." Shin Hye told Eun Kyung. "Err... Imu..." She corrected herself with a sly smile on her face.

"Yah... You're really liking this aren't you?" Eun Kyung chuckled.

"I have to admit it, yes! Finally, I feel young." Shin Hye pointed out.

"Said the mother of almost two kids." Eun Kyung teased. "What funny was that we really had no idea how related we were back then." Eun Kyung laughed how their relationship was more like Eonni-Dongsaeng and where as at that moment it was totally different. "Wait till Jamila hear this. She'll be racking her brain of all the impossibility in the world."

"Majayo!" Shin Hye laughed. She didn't notice how jealous her husband was of her since he was spying and staring at her from afar. 

"You must feel left out, my son?" Asked Shin Hye's father. Min Ho looked at him and smiled as he shook his head slowly. "I know that look. You and I shared the same trait. I get jealous of anyone who takes away my wife's attention, even my mom." He chuckled. "We would get into fights for no reason. She wanted more kids but I demanded two only since I want her to be with me all the time." He smiled as he watched his wife talking to his siblings and the rest of the family.

"You must feel lucky having her?" Min Ho smiled.

"Of course, if I have to live again, I will still want to be with her." He told his son-in-law.

"Me too! I am not letting go of her." Min Ho said possessively which made his father in law laughed. 

"Your parents are coming right?" Jin Ho asked Min Ho.

"Yes, they are. I think they are on their way." Min Ho explained.

"I hope they won't be shocked seeing our huge family." Jin Ho told Min Ho.

"I think they will be fascinated. They come from a very small family. Even I have no siblings." Min Ho smiled. "Eric... Don't run!" Min Ho reminded Eric who was chasing around with Han Suk and his other cousins or uncles. 

The butler came into the living room and announced Shin Won's arrival. Shin Won came in with a big smile as his wife walked behind him. When he moved, everybody in the room clapped their hand while some gave a standing ovation. 

"When is she due?" Helmoni asked as she hugged Joong Mi.

"It'll be this Christmas. " Shin Won answered proudly. "Eric -yah! You're going to have a new cousin." He stopped Eric who was still running around.

"Who?" Eric asked innocently.

"This." Shin Won pointed out Joong Mi's tummy.

"Ah... But she is my Imu!" Eric protested.

"Ani.. This! In here! A baby!" Shin Won explained.

"Can I open it?" Eric asked innocently again. Everyone laughed at his statement.

"Ani... The baby will come out on it's own." Joong Mi explained to Eric. 

"Eomma.... When will our baby come out?" Eric shouted at his mother who was laughing at her son's innocence.

"Aigooo... You're a doctor for goodness sake. You should teach him basic science." Haraboji teased.

"He's too young for that haraboji." Shin Hye chuckled. 

THe butler came again and this time he assisted Min Ho's parents.  Soon after settling down and getting to know each other, the family settled in the huge dining room. Min Ho's parents sat together with  Haraboji and the first son and wife table. 

"Finally, we get to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter