Twenty-four: Let's end this!

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho who was looking at her with worried look. She tried to give him an encouraging smile and signalled him to check their son. Min Ho pretended to put down the gun. "I'm going to put this away...." He said calmly as he walked closer to the cage. "But let me please check my son." He asked.

"Fine!" Haraboji's brother agreed. "First, put your gun down and kick it towards me." He demanded. Min Ho did as he was told. When the gun reached haraboji's side, he nodded to Min Ho to check on his son. "You see... I am not that cruel." He said in a leery way. 

"He's breathing." Min Ho informed Shin Hye. Shin Hye breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled nervously at her husband.

"Now, stand up and stand back!" Haraboji's brother instructed. Min Ho did as he asked. "What's taking your man's time?"

Min Ho turned to his secretary Jang and nodded, nervously secretary Jang pulled out his handphone and called someone. "Odiya? I've send you the location." He looked at Min Ho and then nodded. "Ara." He switched off his phone. "Sajangnim, they are going to be a little bit late as the police are now all around the area and they understood that they need to be under the radar." 

"Police? Who called for the police?" Haraboji's older brother panicked. 

"Wait! It's because the teacher had reported missing children and there were other parents too there." Shin Hye explained as she tried to calm him down. 

"Nosy people!" He hissed.He then looked at his brother with dismay, if it wasn't for you and your greediness!!!" He pointed the gun at him. Seeing this as an opportunity, Shin Hye tackled his arm and the gun fell. She used her might to kick the gun away towards the other side. Haraboji's brother was startled by Shin Hye's agility and Shin Hye used this to stomp on his feet which brought him to scream in pain and elbowed him in his diaphram and pushed him towards his henchman. Unfortunately, she didn't see the other gun which was not far from her and fell. Min Ho quickly ran towards her and noticed that his henchman was trying to reach for the other gun. Shin Hye once again managed to use her feet which was not far from the gun and kicked it far. Min Ho ran to the henchman and had a brawl with him while Shin Hye stood up and ran towards the gun since haraboji's brother was about to do the same. 

Shin Won had to fight the henchman who was guarding the door in order to relaese the people whom they have kept as captive. Haraboji checked on Eric.

"HAH!" Haraboji's brother said as he managed to grab the gun and stumbled trying to point it out at Shin Hye. Shin Hye backed out a little. "Woman should just stay still and be pretty. It's unbecoming for a lady to fight like a man." He sneered at Shin Hye. Shin Hye could see that he was catching his breath and he was rather unstable. Once again, she quickly held his hand which was holding the gun and pressed at his weak point which made him loosen up his grip on the gun. As she was about to take the gun from his grip he managed to kick her stomach and made her hunched but she didn't let go of her grasp of his hand. Her father came to the rescue to fight haraboji's brother's gun off his grip. The two fought for the gun until...

*BANG*

"We're police!" Said a man in police uniform as he held his gun up high. Everyone in the room froze, half gave a breathe of relief while the rest contemplated to run away. 

The henchmen fought for their freedom and ran towards the nearest window thinking the could escape but the moment they reached the land on the outside of the building, they could be heard being caught by the police. Some of the police held on the henchmen who were left inside the house and handcuffed them. 

Min Ho walked to his wife and his father-in-law who had won the gun from haraboji's brother. He felt relieved knowing that the nightmare that his family and him had to go through was about to end. 

Unexpectedly, haraboji's brother, knowing that he was about to lose his battle, grabbed the gun from Jin Ho's hand and shot blindly.

*BANG*

His attempt to startled everyone and used the time to ran off through the window was about to be a success...

"Shin Hye!" Jin Ho cried as he saw her fell on the floor as she held the side of her abdomen. Not long after, he saw blood dripping slowly. Min Ho who saw it as well, ran quickly to Shin Hye.

"Shin Hye! SHin Hye!" He cried in horror. 

Shin Hye was not able to respond as she was in tremendous blinding pain.  Min Ho held her quickly as she was about to fall on to the floor.

"Let me check!" Her father cried. The commotion outside the cabin was heard as haraboji's older brother screamed out loud trying to free himself. 

Haraboji ran to Shin Hye as he held Eric in his hand.

"E-Eric!" Shin Hye held out her bloodied hand to reach her son.

"Shin Hye!" Min Ho said, "You need to be strong for Eric and me! Ara?" He demanded as he saw that Shin Hye was slowly losing her focus.

"It hit the side of her abdoment. Hopefully it didn't get through the kidney. Flip her." Her father instructed as he tried to asses Shin Hye. He lifted her shirt and examined her. "Thank goodness but the problem now is that we don't know the projection of the gun." He said. "We must bring her to the hospital soon."

The police chief ran over towards them, "We have ambulance outside but I am afraid that it would be too late. They said they will transport her and the rest to the campsite and the place will be cleared to let a helicopter come and get them."

"Good!" Haraboji said. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter