Chapter one: I found you who ran away from me...

Strumming our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

London.

The airport was less busy that he thought. His crews arrived earlier and he made a stand in to pretend to be him. The crowd was already chasing after them earlier that morning.

“Aish… I shouldn’t have come here!” He said as he hugged himself feeling cold. Winter was coming soon but he had to work anyway. If it wasn’t for his promise towards his fan, he wouldn’t have done it. “Kaja!” He told himself.

He wanted to explore the city by himself. He needed that break. London looked very busy to him. Just like any other big cities he had been to. Seoul was the same as well.

He didn’t see that many Asians around the areas he was exploring. He liked it that way so that he could freely enjoy the time he had to himself. He stopped in front of the Musical instrument shop, he was checking out the guitar and several instruments being displayed at the window.

“I might buy one as a souvenir for myself.” He told himself. He had made a habit of buying a guitar or an instrument to add into his collection whenever he did his tour as a token of his remembrance. 

“Can I help you sir?” asked a friendly sale person who peeked through the door of the shop. “Come on in. It’s cold outside.” He said invitingly in a very thick English accent. Min Ho nodded and walked to the door. “You don’t come from around here, do you?” Asked the friendly sale person again as he closed the door behind him after Min ho entered.

“No, I don’t,” Min Ho answered briefly. He hated to engage himself in a conversation at that time or at any time for that matter. He wanted to just check out one of the guitars but he didn't want to be rude as well. His manager had already warned him that he need to practice a genial manner as though his life depended on it. 

“Where are you from, Sir?” He asked as he followed Min Ho.

“From Asia.” Min Ho did not want to reveal where he was from.

“Asia? China?” asked the enthusiastic sale person showing a full grin.

“Yes.” He lied. “Can you show me that one?” He pointed out a particular guitar which attracted his attention.

“Good choice, Sir.” The sale person said as he went behind the counter to grab the dark coloured acoustic guitar from the wall. “Do you want me to explain sir?” He asked politely.

“It’s okay. I know my Gibson.” Min Ho answered as he examined the guitar in awe.  He flipped his guitar to check every inch of it. “1932, solid mahogany and vintage sunburst finish.” He whispered in amazement. He then tuned the strings and started to play a tune. “Perfect resonance.” He exclaimed. 

"Your English Language is perfect." The sale person complimented. Min Ho just smiled at him and turn his attention back to the guitar that he was holding.“Are you a musician sir?” Asked he sale person curiously.

Min Ho looked at him and smile, “Just a song writer.” He answered. He then touched the body of the guitar as if reminiscing an old memory. The sale person could see him lost in his own world.

 Back in Korea…

“One day, I will buy you that guitar as a gift.” Min Ho promised.

“Jungmal?” Shin Hye said sweetly.

“But you have to wait until I get famous.” Min Ho reasoned.

“Yah! You are already famous!" She pretended to be angry at him but laughed in the end. "Keunde... The intention of you wanting to buy it for me is good enough already,” She said gratefully.

“I will get it for you, I promise.” Min ho said filled with determination.

Shin Hye just smiled as they both looked at the beautiful picture of Gibson 1932 guitar.

“I wonder where you are…” Min Ho said softly and his expression looked sad.

“Pardon Sir?” The sale person asked.

“How much is this?” Min Ho looked at the sale person.

“Lemme check the price,” The sale person went to the computer.

While waiting, he turned around to see the rest of the instrument on sale. The door opened, an Asia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter