First day at the nursery.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter seven - "First day at the nursery."

 

"Joongie, you have to let go of Yunho-yah." Na-Young tried to coax her baby boy who was clinging onto his Yunnie since the end of their entrance ceremony into the nursery.

"No!" whined the little Jaejoong, clinging onto the uniform's jacket of the older boy. "No no no!" He said with a pout and shook his head lightly.

"Yunho-yah must go to his class." His mother rubbed his little back softly.

"Joongie wants to go too."

"You can't baby boy." Won-Bin added, lowering himself at the level of the two boys. "You have your own class to attend."

"I want Yunnie to go with me."

"He can't." Hee-Sun added. "Yunho is older than you. He must go to his own class with children his age."

"But..."

"You don't want to see anyone laugh at him because he follows you into the baby's class, right?" Na-Young stated. "Poor Yunho-yah!" She sighed dramatically.

The little Jaejoong looked at his matched partner with sad and puppy eyes. He didn't want to make everyone laugh at his Yunnie. But he didn't want to be apart from his companion either. Dilemma for the little pretty boy.

"Joongie be reasonable." His father replied.

"It won't be too long until you see each other again." Ji-Sub complied, ruffling the soft dark hair of the little boy.

"No!" Joongie said firmly, hugging his Yunnie as if his life depended on the small body of the older boy.

And the two couples of parents sighed at the stubbornness of this adorable pretty boy. They didn't know what to say anymore to convince the little boy to let go of his matched partner, while every child was going to their own class, accompanied by their parents. What to do?

"Joongie. I can't breathe," said finally the older boy.

"Sorry Yunnie." The younger boy pouted, but didn't release his hold from the other boy.

"It's nothing." The little Yunho smiled at his little matched partner and patted his small back to comfort him. "Joongie?" And the younger boy looked up at him with glistering eyes, full of hopes, wanting to hear from the latter that he could go with him into his class. "We have to go to our own class. It's the rule."

"Don't wanna!" The younger boy shook his head eagerly, pouting even more than usual.

"It will not be long. We can see each other in the recess." The little Yunho added.

"But... what if Yunnie needs Joongie?" The younger boy asked in tears.

"I will be fine." The older boy wiped away the unshed tears on his Joongie's big doe eyes with a gentle smile on his lips.

"What if Yunnie is tired?" Jaejoongie asked again.

"I will not. Because Joongie will give Yunnie a lot of Power for Yunnie to support Joongie's absence until we meet again. okay?"

"Sure?"

"Sure!"

The little pouty boy was thinking intensely with a frown. He really didn't want to be apart from his matched partner.

"Joongie? We will see each other soon. You don't have to worry." The older boy hugged the little boy in his arms in turn, swaying together to the left and to the right. "You will make a lot of friends."

"Don't want friends." Joongie said with a pout. "Joongie wants only Yunnie." And the little Yunho smiled delightedly at his Joongie's words. His smile didn't go unnoticed by the four parents who were watching this little couple being so mushy since a moment.

"Okay! You have me. But you need a friend or two. Or else Joongie will be bored in class." The older boy said looking down a bit at his matched partner.

"Oh..." The little Jaejoong said with a 'O' shaped mouth.

"Everything is alright Joongie."

The little boy nodded at his Yunnie. "Promise we meet soon, right?"

"Promised."

"If Yunnie needs Joongie, Yunnie yells and Joongie will run."

"I will do it."

"Okay..." But the little Jaejoong never intended to release his matched partner for the moment. "Butterfly kiss?" asked the little pretty boy.

"Butterfly kiss."

The two little boys pressed their lips onto each other lips under the amused stare of their parents, who didn't know how to explain the little pretty boy's attachment toward the other boy.

"Again!" Jaejoongie said with a smile. And The little Yunho complied. "Again!" The older boy gave him another peck on his pouty lips. "Joongie must give a lot of Power for Yunnie." And this time, the younger boy tiptoed and kissed his matched partner in turn.

"Hmm! Hmm!" Won-Bin coughed to gain the attention of the two little boys. "I think Yunho has enough Power for the day." He added when the two boys turned their eyes to him.

"No!" The little Joongie stated firmly. "Yunnie needs more. Joongie doesn't want to see Yunnie tired."

"Joongie, I have enough until we meet again."

"You're sure?" The older boy nodded. "Okay!" Joongie exclaimed with a grin.

"Well, we can go to your class, right? Joongie baby?" Na-Young demanded.

The little boy looked up at his Yunnie and the older boy nodded, indicating that it was time to let go of each other. "Okay..." Jaejoongie said with a pout.

"We will see each other soon." The little Yunho said, reassuring the younger boy. "Bye!"

"Bye..." Joongie waved goodbye to his matched partner and went to his class with his parents, not without a little peek toward his Yunnie who was walking away with his parent in the direction of his own class.

"You will see each other again baby boy." Won-Bin said, seeing the defeatist look on his son's face. The young father sighed. "It looks like we walk him into the firing squad." He whispered to his wife who chuckled at their son's behavior.

"Don't worry, baby boy." The young mother said, stepping down at the level of her son when they arrived in front of Jaejoong's classroom. "Yunho-yah will be okay." She added. "You will have fun. And you will have a lot of things to tell your Yunnie when you're going to see him later."

"Yeah! You will have a lot of stories to tell Yunho. And he will be happy to listen to all your funny stories." Won-Bin added, ruffling his son's soft hair with a smile. "Okay?"

"Okay..."

"So, go baby Joongie! Go conquer the world! Show them that baby Joongie is the best for his Yunnie!" Na-Young encouraged her son with her fists holding at the both side of her head.

"Hmm! Joongie is the best for my Yunnie." The little boy said with a smile.

"Yes! You're the best!" Won-Bin cheered up his son.

"Go! Baby Joongie, go!" Na-Young added, pushing her son into the room where Jaejoong's classmates were in already.

The little boy waved a goodbye to his parents who returned his gesture back with a proud smile on their face. And Jaejoongie walked to sit next to his classmates in the middle of the room in front of their teacher.

"Hi everyone! I'm miss Lee, I'm a Receiver and will be your teacher from that day onward." The young teacher said to her little students. "And for your first day at the nursery, I want you to get acquainted to your classmates. You're going to introduce yourself one by one to all of us. Okay?"

"Yeah!" cheered the little boys and girls, while the little Joongie was fiddling his fingers on his laps with a little anxiety. What if he couldn't do it right?

The little boy turned his eyes toward his parents. They were standing at the corridor with other parents who were authorized to watch their child for a moment. His parents were looking at him with a warm smile, and rose their fists to encourage him. The little Jaejoong breathed out and breathed in with his two small hands on his tiny chest, like his Yunnie had advised him when he felt that everything slipped from his control.

Everyone had introduced themselves without difficulty and when it was his turn, Jaejoongie stood up and walked to the center of the room at his own pace. He looked at his classmates and at his teacher. The young woman smiled at him and encouraged him with a touch on his small shoulder. The little Jaejoong clutched at the hem of his uniform's jacket and closed his eyes. He thought of his Yunnie who was doing the same thing as him at this same moment.

"Hi!" He did a little wave with his hand. Some of his classmates returned his gesture with a friendly smile. "I-I'm Kim Jaejoongie. I'm three y-years old." He showed them three fingers. "My mama is Kim Na-Young and my papa is Kim Won-Bin. I'm a Su-Supplier. And... and Yunnie is my Receiver." The little boy smile beautifully saying his last words. He did it! He did it! And his Yunnie will be proud of him.

Suddenly, they all heard applause from the corridor and all the little heads in the room turned their eyes to where the clapping hands came from, seeing two adults who were congratulated each other under the stare of other adults.

Na-Young and Won-Bin were clapping their hands together proudly, gaining a weird stare from all the parents presents around them, but they didn't care. Because the smile on their son's visage was more important than their opinion of them right now. And seeing him smile beautifully like this before leaving their little angel to pull through by himself for the rest of the day, made them the happier parents in this world.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter