Jaejoongie's hair.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter fourteen - "Jaejoongie's hair."

 

Loud footsteps and heavy breathings were heard in one of the corridor of the elementary school, followed suit by loud voices. Three children of ten were running in this way out hoping to get away from their pursuers.

"He turned right!" Shouted one of the three boys who were following them.

"Get him!" Another one yelled back.

The pretty boy was running away from those bully boys who always picked on him. Min-Min, Changmin's Supplier was following him in tow, while Changmin stopped on their track and faced the group of bullies.

"Don't stop." He said to his friends. "Run."

Jaejoong and Min-Jeong ran as Changmin said to them. They must hide until Yunho and Yoochun arrived.

"What do you want?" Changmin asked the boys who stopped in front of him. Some of them looked a bit worried facing the taller boy.

"Go away!" The Geun-Suk boy said.

"Jaejoongie is my friend. What do you want from him?"

"That girly boy!" Geun-Suk shook his head slightly. "He is really a girl not a boy. He can't fight by himself."

"Shut up ." Changmin snapped. "You're really stupid. You never give up even after being beaten by Yunho over and over again."

"I'm not afraid of that monster." The bully boy snapped back.

"Very stupid."

"You're the stupid one." The other boy ran away from the taller boy with his friends following him. They went to another way out to find the pretty boy.

"!" Changmin cursed. "Hey! Go find Jung Yunho and Park Yoochun." He added at those who were peeking in the corridor wanting to see what happened in it.

But, no one moved from their place.

"Go find Yunho. Or else you will pay for not helping his Supplier. Damn! Move! You call him monster! So you know what he will do to you if something bad happened to his matched partner. Move!" Changmin howled, and began to run after his matched partner and his friend.

Fortunately, one of the spectators ran to the older section to find Jung Yunho.

Jaejoongie and Min-Jeong were running to find a place to hide. But, they were being caught up by their pursuers. Those boys had taken another way in the school building. Unlike Jaejoong who always lost his way in their school, they knew every corner of it.

"He's here."

"Get him."

"Jaejoongie don't stop." Min-Jeong said and stopped running.

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong turned to look at his friend.

"No don't stop. Run! I stop them for a moment."

"But you're a girl."

"Go!"

She pushed Jaejoong away but the pretty boy couldn't let his best friend facing those boys. She was a girl and him a boy. Normally, he was the one who should confront them not her. So, it was about time for him to face them.

"I won't let you alone."

"No! Jaejoongie run! I will be alright."

"No."

"Run! Don't let that stupid guy catch you until Yunho oppa will be there."

"But..."

"Go."

However it was too late. When Jaejoongie spun around, he faced the son of the Prime Minister who was smiling at him. Min-Jeong was fast and took Jaejoong by his wrist, making him stand behind her. She was protecting her best friend from those three boys.

"Don't come near him."

"You won't go anywhere."

"What do you want?"

"It's between him and me!" Geun-Suk said, referring at the pretty boy behind the little girl.

"He never did nothing to you."

"He gets on my nerves every time I look at him."

"Don't look at him." Min-Jeong said back. "Minnie is right saying that you're an idiot."

"Don't call me idiot." The boy hissed and grabbed her by her hair, making Min-Jeong wince at the pain.

"No!" Jaejoong cried. "Don't hurt her. What do you want from me?" The pretty boy tried to pry the tight grip of the boy from his best friend's hair.

"What I want from you? Simple! Let me cut your hair. You say that you’re a boy but you let your hair grow too long for a boy." Geun-Suk said, releasing his hold from the little girl. "It will be good." He added showing a pair of scissor in his hand.

"No!" Min-Jeong shouted. "Don't do anything to him."

"Aish! You're annoying. He is a guy no? He must have a boy haircut. I will make him very boyish."

Geun-Suk grinned and gestured to his friends to seize the two friends away from each other. One of his accomplice took the little girl away from the pretty boy, while the other had seized Jaejoong in his arms trying to prevent the boy to run away.

"Let him go!" Min-Jeong cried while resisting against the boy who was dragging her away from her best friend. "! Stupid boy! When Yunho oppa will arrive you will be dead."

"No one will inform him. I'm the boss in this school."

"Don't touch him."

The bully boy didn't listen to the little girl anymore. He pinned the pretty boy on the marble floor with his friend's help and pulled a lock of Jaejoong's hair with a smile.

"You will have the best haircut after this." The Geun-Suk boy said, looking at the pretty boy who was trying to free himself from their grip. "Don't move or I will not only cut your hair."

"No! Please don't cut my hair..." The ten years old Jaejoongie pleaded. "Please... don't cut my hair..."

"Too bad!" The boy laughed and cut the lock he was holding.

"No! Don't cut my hair."

"Don't move." Jaejoong's tormentor cut another lock and another one without concern for the pretty boy who was pleading for some compassion from the other boy.

"No! Please! Don't cut my hair." Jaejoong kicked the boy who lost the scissor from his hand. "Let me go!" He tried to get away from their grip. But he wasn't strong like his Yunnie or like Yoochun and Changmin.

The pretty boy never thought that some of his classmates would be so cruel to do this thing to him. He wasn't ready to see the ugly face of the human being in this world. And it hurt him badly to see that even children his age could behave like adults. Being mean because of their differences.

"No!"

"Don't move!" The boy strangled Jaejoong, making him suffocate. "I said don't move. I have not finished with your damn hair. Hold him tight. Damn it!"

"Please..." Jaejoong was pleading with tears filling his eyes. "No... don't do this... Yunnie..."

"Aish!! You always call your matched partner like a little girl. A boy must be a boy." He said, collecting his scissor and began to cut Jaejoong's hair again.

"No..."

"Let him go!" Min-Jeong shouted, struggling to free herself from the grip of the boy who was holding her tight in his arms. "Help! Help! Someone! Help! Go find Jung Yunho. Please! Go find him! Minnie! Help!"

"No one go to find that monster." Geun-Suk yelled when he saw some of those who were watching them move from their position. "If you do that, I will make sure that you will never step a foot in this school. Don't forget that my father is someone important."

And no one moved at his menace.

"Please! Go find Yunho oppa. Changmin! Minnie!" Min-Jeong said with tears flowing down on her cheeks. " Jaejoongie!"

 

----------

 

Yunho was in his class trying to read his book while Yoochun was talking nonstop. His friend was in a good mood. And when Yoochun was in a good mood, he would share his thoughts, reciting his past day with words only older knew their meaning. At this moment, his friend was looking more like an old man than an eleven years old boy.

"Yesterday, I was sitting on my bed, reading this book with this peculiar title, Man's Search for Meaning, by that author, Viktor E. Frankl." Yoochun said, making Yunho look at him with a frown. "You're thinking where I found that book, right?" Yunho nodded. "It was on the desk of my grandfather. A book with a dark cover with those big letters... It was waiting for me. It was saying, Yoochun, my boy, you need to find yourself. Your life has some meaning that you can't see for now. But after reading me! You will know the knowledge of the world. No, the knowledge of being a human being."

His speech was making their classmates baffle at his use of words. How could a boy of eleven know a lot? But, the boy was showing off at this moment. Showing to them that he was superior than them by his status and his brain. He was a member of the Park family. His grandfather was an important man, a noble who was known as the most eminent historian in this country.

Shim Changmin and him were molded in the same cast. That's why they could understand each other when they went off in their own world.

"Yunho! My friend! What's the meaning of being a human being?" Yoochun leaned his elbows on his friend's desk.

"Tell me." The boy asked, forgotten his book.

"You!" Yoochun pointed his forefinger at Yunho. "The meaning to your existence is Jaejoongie. You're born to be his support and strength." He grinned seeing the smile on his friend's face. It was so easy to trick Yunho.

"You made it up." Yunho said quietly, tilting his head on his left.

"No! Of course not! I swear on Gyu-Ri's head!" His friend stated, holding his right hand as if he was in front of a judge in a trial.

"You did! I know you. And don't swear on your matched partner's head. She will curse you to death."

"Oh!" Yoochun gasped."You're right! She's evil. How will I live the rest of my life with an evil girl like her turning into an evil woman ten years from now on?" He played the martyr. But only gai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter