A father and son's bond.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty one - "A father's and son's bond."

 

Ji-Sub got home a bit late like every day. He found his house quiet like usual. However seeing the black sport car Hee-Sun had bought for Yunho last month, the man knew he wasn't alone in this big house like every night. His son should be sleeping in his room with, of course, Jaejoong at this late hour of the night.

That boy couldn't bear being apart from his matched partner for so long since the incident at the hospital five years ago with his mother, which had made his Supplier upset about the woman's behavior toward her own son. And the teenager never let Jaejoong going somewhere without him or their friends as a company. A safety measure against those people from his own family.

What a sad situation.

How could a child feel so insecure being around his own family? And what kind of family they were to inflict that kind of feeling in that boy who had the need to do anything like an adult to protect what was important to him?

Ji-Sub gave his suitcase to the old maid who was waiting for him every night.

"Did you have a good day sir?"

"A normal day for a businessman." He said quietly with a gentle smile while ed his suit jacket. "You can go to rest." He replied, walking to the stairs.

"Sir? Have you eaten?" The old maid asked following her employer.

"Don't worry. I will heat the diner you had prepared when I feel the need to eat. Please, go to rest. I will see you tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

The old lady who came from a foreign country, knew this man since he was a little child boy. Sadly, she watched the back of this man who had to harden his soft personality for the good of his son. Jung Ji-Sub was a good child. He has become a really good man. But, life was a cheater. However, she only hoped that something good would happen soon for this man.

Ji-Sub entered his son's room. He smiled while shaking his head at the view of those two matched partners, sleeping in the same bed and curling against each other like a newlywed could do at their first night together.

Those two boys were behaving like a couple of enamored lovers who could not stand not to feel one another's warmth, always holding hands or one of them having his hand on the other. The older man found them adorable.

The man wasn't blind. The love his son felt for the other boy wasn't innocent. And he could bet his life that Jaejoong felt the same toward his son.

Saying that Jaejoong was only following Yunho who gave him the lead was not true. The pretty young boy was someone who knew exactly what he wanted. He never ceased to say it out loud to all of those people who wanted to hear him those past years, making him more confident about himself at the same time. And what Kim Jaejoong wanted the most in this world was Jung Yunho.

Ji-Sub would be a fool if he denied them the love they had for each other. But what kind of parent would he be if he let them go into this harsh path that awaited them? Mostly in a society where people could not even stand to see two same gender persons pairing as matched partners for their survival.

These two boy could hid their love behind their tie, their matching for now. But, what about in five years? When they are old enough to find companions? People will expect a lot of them. Those people would expect them to show them that they were two normal men who could meddle in their society, having girlfriends, choosing wives and becoming fathers.

The man sighed imagining their future which could be painful. But for now, he wasn't going to think much, just letting these two boys enjoying their teenage years. And when time will come, he was resigned to not let them down knowing that Won-Bin and Na-Young will also be standing beside him.

Ji-Sub was about to leave the room when he heard a shuffling movement from the king-size bed. He saw Yunho opening his eyes slowly and looked at him for awhile, trying to focus his blurry vision.

"Appa..." He said in a raspy voice.

Appa. It was the endearment Yunho had given him after that incident in the hospital five years ago. He never called him papa much less father from that day. The boy had settled for appa. It wasn't childish as papa and unfeeling as father. It was just the name all children in this country called their father. And Ji Sub loved it. Why? Because the man felt a bit special in the eyes of his son.

"Go back to sleep." Ji-Sub said quietly.

"What time is it?" Yunho asked slowly, glancing at the soft puddle of warmth curling in against him with a tender smile plastered on his lips.

"It's after midnight." Ji-Sub answered in a low voice.

The teenage boy just nodded and tried to get up from his lying position without waking his matched partner who seemed to sleep peacefully. Yunho replaced the comforter on his Supplier with so much delicacy, making Ji-Sub smile at his son's behavior. The teenage boy never behaved like this with anyone but only Jaejoong.

"Want to grab something to eat?" The man proposed to his sleepless son who nodded quietly at his proposition.

Then, the father and son left the room in silence. Yunho followed his father to downstairs and to the kitchen. The teenager got two plates and two glasses, while Ji-Sub was heating the spicy soft tofu stew with kimchi and pork belly that his old maid had cooked for diner today. For a woman coming from China, she learned to mould in their society very quick and never questioned about their specialty, only accepting them for what they were. That's why, he was grateful that she was still at his family's service and now his.

The man smiled at the dish. And knowing her soft heart, the old lady had wanted to please Yunho's Supplier with this kimchi soup. Recently, the boy had discovered that he appreciated spicy food a lot, while Yunho only followed his matched partner's tastes.

A real husband who will do anything for his wife.

And Ji-Sub laughed softly at his thoughts, while Yunho glanced at his father with a frown, not saying anything.

Lately, the teenage boy always saw his father being quiet and thoughtful. And the boy only let the man alone not disturbing him, knowing that his father had a lot to do with his work, trying to fulfill everyone's demand as the man Jung Ji-Sub he was. And adding at his stress, there was him. The boy tried his best not to be a burden to the man. So, his problem with his mother, Yunho had intent to solve it by himself.

"Can you heat the rice?" Ji-Sub asked suddenly.

Yunho didn't say anything, only doing what his father had demanded. The boy took two bowls and filled them with some rice. Then, he put the bowls in the microwave and pushed the heat button.

"Thank."

The teenage boy took two another bowls and gave them to his father, who spooned some soup from the stewpot and poured the stew into them. Soon, Ji-Sub and Yunho were settling at the dining table, eating quietly the late diner for Ji-Sub and a sort of night snack for Yunho.

"How was school today?"

"Boring."

"Everything is boring for you excepted Jaejoong. I'm not wrong?"

"No."

"Yunho, find some interests other than your Supplier." Ji-Sub said quietly. "Don't think that I want to separate you from him. It's just that you should interact with other people of your age a little bit."

"I know." Yunho said before munching some rice with the pork belly. "I try. But, those people are so superficial. Their interests aren't worthy to put my attention in to them. And since you made me your only heir, they find me really in their taste. Before, to them, I was the monster. Now, I'm the knight in his shining armor who will save their world. Like Jaejoongie said, they suffer from memory loss overnight."

Ji-Sub laughed softly at his son's words. "It's better than being a monster, no?"

"I do like my monster's status. At least, I felt so at peace. Now... do you know that some stupid girls fight for my attention?" He said with a grunt.

"It's good, don't you think? It means you're a popular guy."

"No! Not when they begin to disturb my Supplier's quiet life, badmouthing him for the attention I give him." Yunho grinded. "I don't know if I will tolerate their upper behavior next time."

"Yunho."

"I don't care if they are girls. No one can hurt my Jaejoongie without retaliations."

"You're too possessive."

"Well, I didn't choose to be like this. I just want to protect the one who didn't judge me because I'm a mixed blood. He was the one who accepted me for who I am since we met for the first time. Others, they're just fake. All their attentions are f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter