Little Yunho and little Jaejoong.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter four - "Little Yunho and little Jaejoong."

 

In a room filled of children who were running, playing and chatting by pair, only two little boys were sitting next to each other in front of a Lego game, trying to build something only their child's mind knew under the stare of one of the numerous nurses presents in the room.

The woman was there to watch their interaction, her first couple of same matched partners. Sometimes, the couple of children didn't start well due to their personality. Her colleagues and her were there to make things right for them.

"The blue cube is better here." The younger boy said to the older boy, putting the blue little cube where he wanted it to be. "And this?" He asked his companion, showing the yellow cube and gaining a nod from the latter. "Where?"

The older boy pointed at the emplacement in his left. And the younger boy put it with a smile on his pouty lips.

"Joongie loves this one." He said and showed a pink cube. "And you?"

The little Yunho showed him the red one.

"It's a pretty color." The little Jaejoong giggled and put his cube on the blue one. But the older boy shook his head. "Not here?" And the little Yunho nodded. "Okay! Where?"

"Here..." Yunho said slowly, showing where he wanted the pink cube to be.

"Oh..." The little Joongie clapped his hands looking at what they were building. "A train! Yunnie is better than Joongie papa."

"Yunnie...?" The older boy said looking at the cheerful boy in front of him.

"Yunho is a pretty name too. But Joongie prefers Yunnie. It's fluffy." The younger boy said, tipping his head on his left with the most beautiful smile that the little Yunho had seen. "Can I call you Yunnie?"

And Yunho nodded with a small smile on his lips.

"Ahah!" Joongie said, leaning forward toward his companion. "Yunnie can smile. Joongie loves it!" And the little boy wanted to kiss the other boy on his cheek, but Yunho backed away making the latter pout and the nurse chuckle at those two children's behavior, while the other children were beginning to learn the basics of how the Power between them could be transferred from the Supplier to the Receiver.

"Joongie, don't be upset." The nurse said, stepping down next to them. "Yunho is just not accustomed to be around you. Let him some more time. Okay?" And the little Jaejoong nodded. "Good boy." The nurse turned to the older boy. "Yunho, Jaejoong wanted just to show you his affection by kissing you on your cheek like your eomma and appa do it to you every day. Can you let Jaejoong kiss you here?" She added, putting her forefinger on her own left cheek.

The little Yunho narrowed his eyes that never left the younger boy, and nodded.

"Joongie? See, Yunho wants a kiss from you." The nurse cooed the little boy who was still pouting.

"Really?" Joongie asked with a bright smile, looking at his little matched partner. And the little Yunho nodded. "Really?" The older boy nodded again. And the younger boy pressed his lips on the cheek of his companion, making the latter blush and look everywhere but Jaejoong.

"Play together some more, okay?" The nurse said, seeing their parents entering the room with some other parents. She left the two boys alone and walked toward the two couples of parents. "Hi, I'm nurse Choi. I'm the one who will look after your sons during the seminars."

"I'm Kim Na-Young. My husband Kim Won-Bin." Jaejoong's mother said nervously, introducing her and her husband to the nurse.

"I'm Jung Hee-Sun." Yunho's mother bowed slightly at the nurse.

"Jung Ji-Sub."

And nurse Choi bowed slightly at those four people in front of her.

"How was their first contact?" asked Hee-Sun.

"Very well. I can say that Jaejoong is a cheerful boy and never stay still. While, Yunho is his opposite. He is a shy boy and don't talk much."

"We're sorry." Ji-Sub said.

"Oh, don't be sorry. Every child has his own progression."

"Did they manage to learn how to exchange Power?" demanded Hee-Sun.

"No." The nurse answered with a smile. "But don't worry. Only half of the kids manage to learn the process. Yunho is just a little shy. He isn't used to be around another child that's why it will take a little longer for them to be able to learn how to transfer the Power in Jaejoong's body to his body." She added seeing the distress of Yunho's mother. "I think being with Jaejoong will be really benefit for him. You can see." The nurse gestured them to look at the two little boys in the corner of the room, playing with each other to build this time a tower.

Na-Young and Won-Bin smiled at their son who was blabbering nonstop like always. The little boy was trying to make his companion speak to him. And he did it often. Even if the older boy just said one word and nodded to him most of the time.

As for Ji-sub and Hee-Sun, they were relieved to see their son interacting with the other boy. They feared to see him mute in front of his matched partner. The little boy didn't even pronounce a word when he was in the presence of his maternal grandparents, and it wasn't better in the presence of Ji-Sub's parents. But, there, their son was trying to accept the presence of the other little boy by playing with him, by listening to his little talk and by answering his every question with a few words. It was more than they expected from this first meeting between those two little boys.

"Oh! My!" Na-Young squealed, seeing her little boy giving a little peck on Yunho's left cheek to thank the latter for giving him the privilege to put the last piece of their Lego building.

"God!" Hee-sun said, putting her fingers on her lips and looking at her little boy who was smiling at the other boy.

"They manage to have this only contact. It's the beginning of their partnership." Nurse Choi said with a smile. "Mr. and Mrs. Jung, you must tell Yunho who Jaejoong is for him from now on. Yunho has to know that Jaejoong will be the matched partner he is going to be with all the time from you two, who are his parents."

"We will do it." Hee-Sun said.

"For now, Jaejoong seems to be the only one stranger he can tolerate around him. I think the fact that Jaejoong is a little boy as him help a lot. So, it will be good for Yunho that you keep them along and do things together outside the seminars. After that I think he will manage to learn how to receive Power from Jaejoong."

The five adults looked at the two boys who were playing now with small car toys. Suddenly Jaejoong looked up and saw his parents.

"Mama!" The little boy stood up and took the hand of his matched partner in his little one. Then, he tugged the older boy with him and ran to the group of adults who were watching them. "Mama! Look, Yunnie is my par-partner."

"Yes, he is!" Na-Young said, lowering herself at the level of her son. "Hi Yunho! I'm Kim Na-Young, Joongie's mama." She added trying to caress Yunho's cheek. But the little boy backed away.

"Oh... Sorry!"

"Yunnie! Joongie mama is a good mama. Mama will not do bad things to us." The little Jaejoong tried to coo his friend who was looking intensely at his new friend's mother. And the older boy nodded to say that he understood.

"Can I?" She asked.

The little Yunho looked at his little friend and nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter