Life goes on despite it all.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty four - "Life goes on despite it all."

 

Hee-Sun was waiting for her rendezvous with Jaejoong's mother. The woman, Kim Na-Young still updated everything about Yunho to her, even after all those discord between Ji-Sub and her.

Remarkable woman.

Sometimes, she would like to see that woman falling from her pedestal. Not everyone had her beautiful life with a husband who had chosen you by love not by interest and having two sons who seemed to come out of a fairy tale.

For so long, Hee-Sun was envious of her life until Kim Na-Young gave birth to her second son. If the woman was a saint, God would never let her go through that painful path. And it was what comforted her. Seeing the mother of her son's matched partner struggling to be a normal person again was what made her life a bit bearable.

"You know... you look like a witch with that satisfied smile on your face..."

Hee-Sun turned to look at Kim Na-Young who was walking slowly toward her dining table while panting a bit with all her efforts to get in this first floor of this three-star restaurant. Jung Hee-sun could spare her a lot of pain if she had chosen a table in the main dining room at the street level. But she was feeling right to see this woman in pain.

"Na-Young, how are you?" She asked with a smile painting on her lips still sitting on her chair, not ready to stand and help the other woman.

"I'm fine. And you?"

"I'm good." Hee-Sun answered happily.

"You sure are doing very well in your line of work."

"I'm a genius."

"If you said so..." Na-Young added, pulling the chair across of Yunho's mother a bit and took a seat on it at her pace.

"And you? Another book in perspective?" Hee-Sun inquired politely, bringing the rim of her glass of water to her lips.

"I just get this idea when I saw you. How to reeducate a false educated lady when this one is being mean to a disabled person?" Na-Young answered with a sweet smile on her lips.

"It's not funny." The other woman said rolling her eyes up. But she won't burst in anger from a silly provocation.

"I know." Na-Young said with a smile, knowing that Hee-Sun was looking down on her. She won't be a victim. And being the stubborn woman she was, mostly a straightforward person since her young age, she won't stay still and let someone like this woman abusing her verbally every time they met. "So? Have you order while waiting for me?"

"I did." Yunho's mother gestured to one of the waiters in this floor to take the command of her guest. And Na-Young took the menu the young waiter gave to her. She just order a simple meal  and returned the menu to the employee who bowed to them before walking away from their table. "So? How's Yunho?" Hee-Sun asked quietly.

"He's going fine."

Hee-Sun nodded slightly and brought the rim of her glass of water to her lips. While Na-Young was looking at the sophisticated woman sitting in front of her.

Jung Hee-Sun seemed to be what men wanted the most from a woman. She was brilliant and pretty for the eyes. But, if people dug a bit into her appearance, they could see that her inner heart didn't match up with her beautiful image.

The woman was the best in her line of work. She was the heir of her respectable family. But as a wife and a mother, she was lacking something that even her, Na-Young couldn't define it with words. That woman was self-centered and an attention seeker. She wasn't meant to be a wife and a mother. Because she could not step back to let her husband and son shine on their own.

"Yunho never told me about his future projects." Hee-Sun said quietly. Jaejoong's mother nodded, knowing why this narcissistic woman was calling for a meeting today. "It seems that you're more a mother figure than me for him." Hee-Sun added with discontent. She could deny this fact as much as she wanted. But, none of them was blind about the way her son Yunho treated this disabled woman more kindly than he treated his own mother.

"And whose fault it was?" Na-Young said with a smile, loving to see the sour face painting on this woman's face. She wasn't someone with evil's feelings. But Jung Hee-Sun had deceived her so many time that Na-Young expected nothing from this person since long ago.

"I did try my best to be a mother. And don't think you're the best mother in this world. You're not really able to raise your children with your own condition."

"It's a low blow. But fair enough." Na-Young said quietly, looking at the woman in front of her. The two women remained silent when a waiter served their meals. "I'm a disabled woman not like you who can do whatever you want without difficulty. But, somehow, my situation is better than you. My two sons love me for who I am, disabled or not. And you, your son isn't so fond of you, his own mother. But he looks at me like I was the one who has given birth to him." She added when the waiter walked away from their table. "I won't blame your jealousy which is not right. But you can't make me your scapegoat. It was your fault to begin with. Who asked you to have a mixed feeling about your son?"

"You're really something." Hee-Sun said quietly, trying to be calm. "But don't forget. I'm Yunho's mother. And I do whatever I want with his life."

"You or your father?"

"Why for you all my father is always the bad man? He only wants what's best for his grandson."

"You have a brain so use it to be smarter than you are."

"Don't insult me."

"I'm the one who must say don't belittle me." Na-Young said sternly.

"I'm not."

"Of course." Na-Young laughed sarcastically. "Calling me to have a meal with you in this first floor of this three-star restaurant wasn't a way to make you feel superior over me?! Don't look down on me. I'm not a woman with all her abilities but I can say two things. I'm a better wife than you could be. And I'm a better mother than you would dream to be."

"How dare you-"

"Stop please." Na-Young cut her off. "You want to know what Yunho has decided for his future, so I will tell you this. If you want to know go ask him. He's your son like you love to say all the time. So be the mother he always wants to have. A mother who put his interests before hers."

"I don't need your advice."

"Yet you still need my advice."

"You know. I never like you." Hee-Sun said quietly, holding Kim Na-Young's gaze.

"The feeling is mutual."

"Yunho is a smart boy. He knows what is best for him. He won't follow your delusional way of life." Hee-Sun said angrily. "In this world, everything is about appearance, social status and money. If you don't have anything you're nothing in their eyes. Living a bohemian's life as you won't make him be someone important."

"I find it sad. Your way of life is more delusional than mine." Na-Young sighed forlornly. "Because at the end of your day, you find yourself alone in a cold house without no one standing next to you and showing you some affection. Poor you." She added, shaking her head slightly. "You're alone and will end alone at the end of your life."

"I have many friends."

"Who are just your friends because of your name. I just pity you."

Hee-Sun scoffed. "You can laugh from your heart's content. But I will show you that my son will never go against my decision." The woman took her belongings and stood up from her sit. She could not stand to be in this room with Kim Na-Young anymore. "I'm his mother. And nothing will prevent me to have the control of his life." Yunho's mother walked away from the dining table letting Kim Na-Young heave a forlorn sigh at the woman's words.

As they said, the apple does not fall far from the tree. What was that woman scheming against her own son's happiness? Why was she so blind to see that she was the one who made things difficult between Yunho and her?

What a day...

Na-Young fished out her cell phone and called Won-Bin. "Hey? I'm fine... No... it wasn't a pleasant lunch... Can you pick me up? Thank you. And... I'm in the first floor." She held off her phone from her ear when she heard her husband cursing Jung Hee-Sun to set a meeting somewhere which was difficult for her to get at. "I'm fine. A bit tired but I'm okay."

"I will make sure to never let you go see her again."

"I think... I worsened Yunho's situation..."

"You can't make it worse than it was. So don't worry."

"Yeah... Hope so..."

"I will be there soon. Wait for me."

"Okay." Na-Young ended the call and sighed. She looked down on her plate and began to eat a bit until her husband's arrival.

 

----------

 

Sitting on their bed, Yunho was trying to compose his essay for his economy class with Jaejoong pressing his left side on his back and wounding his arms around his waist while humming a song. Having his Supplier gluing himself to his back didn't disrupt him a bit. On the contrary, the teenager loved to feel his matched partner against him for no reason.

Being a first-year student at college this year made him more busier with his new environment and his Management course. Everything was anew. And mostly, with Jaejoong still in high school, Yunho didn't see the young boy much, making them end up with butterfly kisses more intense and longer than before every time they saw each other.

"Are you hungry?" Yunho asked Jaejoong while he was looking at his economy book.

"No."

"Want to sleep a bit?"

"Hmm..." The pretty boy nodded, tired of his day far away from his matched partner.

Jaejoong didn't know how to describe his needs toward Yunho. But he knew one thing to satisfy them. If it was not by their Power transfer, it should be by another way.

Inhaling his Receiver's scent made him feel safe. Having Yunho's hands on him made him shudder with pleasure. Hearing Yunho's voice made him feel love. However, Jaejoong needed something more from the other boy. As if his whole being could only be nurture by Yunho's essence.

"Come here."

Yunho made some space in front of him and let the young boy crawl into his laps. Sitting astride on his Receiver's laps, Jaejoong snuggled against Yunho's chest and closed his eyes, while the older boy wrapped his arms around him, still locking his eyes on his book.

"What are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter