Nothing has changed, or maybe a little bit...

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter twenty two - "Nothing has changed, or maybe a little bit..."

 

Crouching down on the gravel driveway inside the park near the nursery, elbows pressed on his thighs and his chin resting on his palms, the snobbish Park Yoochun was watching an interesting scene unwinding before his eyes, with the little Na-Eun beside him in the same position as him. A not so girl like position for a pretty brownie girl she was. So, being the gentleman he was, the teenager had put his uniform jacket on her thighs, covering what every girl had to protect from old ert men. While Changmin, sitting on his backpack at the little girl's left side, was munching on his nongshim onion rings, savoring his afternoon snack.  

And there, in front of their eyes, a little Taemin with a furious face and arms crossing over his small chest was throwing daggers at a not so pleasant giant Yunho who looked down fiercely at the small brownie boy as if he was an annoying fly.

"What were you thinking?" Yunho asked not so gentle.

"I was just defending my hyung from those dirt. And for your information, he is also your Supplier." Taemin answered back, not batting an eyelash in front of the so cold Yunho.

The adorable little Taemin had a fight with some boys during his time at the nursery. The little boy didn't appreciate the way his classmates had called his older brother, referring his Jaejoong hyung as only a mere nourishment for the monster Yunho. And Taemin would never admit that he was also defending this older boy.

"They deserved a good punch or two on their faces." The little boy of five added with an angry pout, not satisfied about the outcome of his fight with those three stupid boys.

When the director of the nursery had proposed to call all the parents of the four boys to have a good talk about their behaviors, Taemin had stopped the man in his tracks and asked him not to call his father. Because the latter was busy with his mother. Today was her annual check-up at the hospital. He didn't want to worry them about this small issue. And he didn't want his older brother to know about his fight either. Jaejoong would throw a tantrum about his mischief behavior and lecture him for hours. So, there, his only solution, his older brother's Receiver.

"I should kick and punch them more." Taemin said while throwing a kick and punching the air before him, earning a smile from Na-Eun and the two other teenagers sitting next to her. As for Yunho, he still remained impassive. "My hyung is not a food! Stupid, stupid, stupid boys!" He yelled frustrated, throwing his fists in the air.

"The stupid one is you." Yunho said quietly.

"You!" Taemin walked to the older boy and kicked him on his left leg, but Yunho dodged his easily making the boy totter on his feet. "You're the stupid one. Why didn't you kick their asses when you knew what they were saying?" The little boy said angrily.

"It's your job to kick their little asses."

"I did!"

"Yeah! Even with your small body, you did a good job little chipmunk."

The little brownie boy furrowed his eyes for a while and said finally with a satisfied smile, "...yeah! I kicked their stupid asses."

The two boys bumped their fists together with a grin painting on their faces. It was their deal. Taemin took care of the children his age while Yunho the oldest ones.

"That's all?" Yoochun said, indignant about the outcome of those two Receivers. "I want more  yelling! More hitting! Where is the heart to heart talk about the wrong from the right from you the mature boy to the childish boy here?" He added pointing his forefinger from Yunho to Taemin.

And Taemin didn't love how the other older boy called him. So he walked to the latter and pushed him to fall on the ground, making Yoochun grunt at his truculence.

"You!" The older boy began to hiss.

"Don't" Changmin said, shaking his head slightly. "You will have to deal with this one." He pointed at Yunho who was glaring at Yoochun like he was a predator ready to jump into his prey.

"Aish... Go fight with your worst enemy." Yoochun pulled the little Receiver away from him, not wanting to be the target of Jung Yunho. "Bouhou! No fun at all!" Yoochun added with a pout.

"Nothing is fun when it comes to my Jaejoong."

"Yeah! Nothing is fun when it comes to my hyung." Taemin replied with a glare, being in sync with his older brother's Receiver. "You want a fight?" The little boy rose his fists for a fight.

Yoochun rolled up his eyes at the Jung Yunho alike but in a tiny version of the said boy. He turned to looked at the little Na-Eun who was enjoying the onion rings Changmin offered her more than the little bickering he had with those two Receivers.

"Na-Eun, your little man is being mean to me."

The little girl turned to the older boy and patted his head gently. " Poor Yoochunnie. He is angry. That's why he yells at everyone."

"You're too cute. Give me a kiss." He said, stretching his arms to let her jump on him.

"Hey! Don't touch her." Taemin said, slapping the older teenage boy on his back. "She's mine." He added, taking his Supplier away from the Yoochun boy.

Yoochun grimaced and shook his head slightly. While Changmin was looking at this young Yunho version dragging his matched partner away from them to stand next to the older Yunho and mimicking all his composures.

"Don't you think they are so alike?" Changmin asked in a low voice, leaning toward the older boy with his right hand in front of his mouth, not wanting the others to hear what he wanted to say to Yoochun.

"Yeah." Yoochun whispered back, leaning toward the other boy with his hand before his mouth. "Look at this posture. At this angry face. At those crossing arms. Eww! I have goose-bumps." He was glancing at those two boys with a grimace.

"So possessive." Changmin added, shaking his head slightly.

"Poor Na-Eun... Taemin seems to be worse than Yunho."

"Are you sure?" The young boy cocked his brow.

"I..." Yoochun paused and thought for a while.

After receiving the call from the director of the nursery where they went at their young age, Yunho had dropped the basket ball club and had demanded that Jaejoong was never alone. So his Receiver, Gyu-Ri and Changmin's Supplier, Min-Jeong and along with Junsu and Hyo-Rim, had to play the bodyguards of Yunho's Supplier for the time being. And if something happened to Jaejoong while he was away, they will have to deal with him personally. Thinking of that, Yoochun knew that Changmin and him would not be spared too.

"No." He grimaced.

An angry Yunho was the worst thing he wanted to see.

"I was thinking that too."

"If you want to do the Power transfer do it now when there's no one here." Taemin stated, seeing those two older boys leaning toward each other as if they wanted something but being shy to do it in front of them.

"No!" Changmin howled and pulled away from the older boy next to him, while Yoochun burst into laughter and rolled on the ground.

"Let them be." Yunho said nonchalantly. "Let's eat some ice cream."

"I want strawberry flavor!" Na-Eun said hopping into her two feet following the older boy in tow.

"I want chocolate flavor." Taemin added, following his Supplier with a smile. The little boy loved ice cream and he won't play the hard-to-get because it was Yunho who offered him the ice cream. On the contrary, he loved it when the older boy offered to buy things for him. He could have everything he wanted. His privilege to be his hyung's little brother.

"I want waffles with vanilla ice cream. And a lot of whipped cream. Oh, and strawberry too." Changmin shouted, getting up from the gravel ground and took his backpack with him.

"Me too!" Na-Eun followed suit.

"You have girly taste." Taemin said with a mocking smile at Changmin who glared back at the little imp.

"Okay! But you're the one who get the bill." Yunho added, walking toward the way out of the park with Taemin and Na-Eun behind him.

"Why me?"

"I said it!"

"Don't argue. You won't win against him." Yoochun said walking behind everyone while dusting his trousers with his jacket enfolded on his right arm. "I will pay for everyone if you want."

"No! Don’t wag your credit card in front of my eyes. I don't want your charity. I can offer ice cream for everyone." Changmin argued.

"Okay!" Yoochun shrugged and passed by him to high-five Yunho. "Na-Eun! We will have a full snack. Ice cream, waffles, strawberries and whipped cream!" The teenager added, taking the little girl in his arms and he gained a kick from the little Taemin on his for being so touchy with his matched partner. "Can you educate that wild child a bit?" He complained to Yunho.

"He's good like this." Yunho said nonchalantly.

"Aish!" Yoochun complained but never let go of the little brownie girl on his arms.

Changmin watched his two friends for a while and rumbled under his breath. The young teenage boy had been duped by those two older boys. He saw Taemin shaking his head lightly with a pitiful stare.

Those damned older boys. They will pay him back and dearly one day.

 

----------

 

Jaejoong was pouting while walking to the sick bay of their high school with others. He didn't know why his Receiver wasn't there. Only knowing that Yunho had something important to do. Gyu-Ri's words.

"He didn't say anything else?!"

"No. He just said he had something to do with Yoochun and Changmin." Gyu-Ri said quietly. "Don't worry. In my opinion, he just wants to buy you something. A surprise gift perhaps?"

"Are you sure?" Jaejoong asked, staring at his friend with a suspicious look.

"You know Yunho better than me. So, what do you think?" She said with her most beautiful smile.

"Something fishy." Jaejoong said quietly. "My Yunnie will never let me with you if he wants to buy me something. He will tag me along and let me choose whatever I want. And I will do everything to know what's going on." He added with determination.

Wrong move, Junsu grimaced and Min-Jeong and Hyo-Rim thought the same.

"We're here." Junsu added suddenly, making everyone looking at the door of the bay sick. The teenage boy had decided to be a stand in Receiver this year again even without Jaejoong. The latter had chosen to not be a volunteer this time to please his matched partner. And today, he was going to meet his first Supplier who needed to evacuate his Power for the time being while the other's Receiver was away for a few days. "Hope it will be someone not so stubborn about me being the son of two same gender matched p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter