The new boy.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter sixteen - "The new boy."

 

Jaejoong peeked over his mathematics book from time to time to his right since the first hour of classes. The pretty boy was being curious about the new child boy sitting at the desk next to him. He seemed to be a good boy with his chubby figure and his smile like a sunshine.

His new classmate had introduced himself as Kim Junsu and being a Receiver. His matched partner was a little girl Supplier around their age naming Soe Hyo-Rim. And the other cute boy was living in the country side, with his matched partner until one of his 'appas' was assigned to Seoul due to his work. So, all of his family had to move to the capital, but also his little matched partner's family.

What intrigued Jaejoongie the most was the other boy had said 'one of my appas', meaning that the cute and chubby boy had two appas.

The pretty boy diverted his eyes when the other cute boy turned his eyes toward him not wanting to be caught by his new classmate. But it was a bit too late when he caught Junsu waving and smiling at him. And the only thing Jaejoongie could do was to hide himself under his book until recess.

When recess came, the pretty boy ran away from his classroom dragging Min-Min with him. The two little Suppliers were trying to hide their presence from their new classmate, by shyness or by another whim from Yunho's matched partner. While Changmin sighed desperately at those two little fools and apologized for their demeanor.

"Sorry about them." The taller boy said to their new classmate, knowing that Jaejoongie, Yunho's matched partner was being so obvious. The latter never ceased to glance at their new classmate since the other boy had introduced himself to everyone. And Changmin knew the reason behind the pretty boy's behavior. Kim Junsu was a cute boy. And they could qualify the newcomer as a girly boy like Jaejoong.

"Oh! It's nothing." Junsu said with a smile on his lips.

"Don't be afraid of them. Mostly about Jaejoongie." Changmin added.

"Jaejoongie?" The new boy said with a frown.

"Kim Jaejoong, the pretty boy who peeped at you during classes and just ran not long ago with my Supplier."

"Pretty... yeah he is pretty like a girl." Junsu replied with a nod. "Even more prettier than a girl."

"Don't call him pretty in front of that pretty boy. He has an issue about being more prettier than a girl. Only his Receiver can qualify him as pretty or beautiful." Changmin said sadly, knowing that his friend had tried to look more like a girl than a boy even if he wasn't happy to be called pretty by all of them. It was oblivious from his part. Because people around Jaejoongie always whispered that it was a pity for him to be a boy not a girl.

"Oh..." The new boy nodded again. "I won't say it in front of him."

"You must be careful about his Receiver. Yunho isn't really friendly with anyone. But he is scary if someone make Jaejoong unhappy."

"Yunho..." Their new classmate said, tilting his head slightly with a crease on his forehead.

"Jaejoongie has another boy as his matched partner." Changmin said seeing the new boy being confused about the name of Jaejoong's matched partner.

"Oh!" Junsu said with a nod, but he seemed not to be surprised by the same matched partners case. "Okay. I will be careful not saying or doing something bad to Jaejoong."

Changmin looked at the new boy with a frown creasing on his forehead. Kim Junsu seemed to be very friendly and never ceased to smile at his every word. He seemed to be an innocent soul like Yunho's Joongie. And it would be difficult to say no to someone who had some traits like their Jaejoongie.

"You said that you have two appas..." Changmin stated.

"Yes. I have two appas." Junsu confirmed with a smile ghosting on his chubby face.

"But a man can't be pregnant." The tall young boy muttered, tilting his head slightly and narrowing his eyes. He was a smart boy after all. And he never read something about men getting pregnant in any books or magazines.

"I have two appas because one of them is my uncle and the other is his matched partner who is a man too." Junsu said quietly, knowing that the other boy was confused about his family situation.

"Oh!" Changmin nodded, understanding one thing. The boy's uncle was in the same situation like his two friends. But soon he frowned again. Normally, every child had a mother and a father as parents. "You don't live with your parents?"

"It's not that I don't want to." Junsu said slowly. "My uncle, my umma's older brother told me that my umma died giving birth to me and that my appa was eager to apply for another matched partner before her death. He didn't want to take responsibility for me. So my uncle has become my only parent. He is my adoptive appa."

"Oh... sorry..."

"Don't apologize." Junsu said with a smile. "I'm okay. I don't miss them. Oh! I have to go." The boy waved to his matched partner who was waving at him from the other side of the corridor where they were.

"Okay."

And Junsu jogged to his Supplier with a smile on his face, while Changmin heaved a forlorn sigh looking at the back of his new classmate. Poor boy. The taller boy was so sure that his father had seen in his mother's death a way out from the abnormal situation he was, related to a couple of same matched partners.

Then, Changmin walked to Jaejoong and Min-Jeong who were peeping at them since the beginning from another classroom with the curious stares and whispers of the other students in their school.

"What did he say?" Jaejoongie asked eagerly, trying to arrange his green wool cap on his head.

"Nothing much." Changmin answered, helping his friend to fix his beanie on his head, knowing that the pretty boy wasn't ready to stand in front of everyone with his short hair for the moment.

And their teacher let him wear his beanie in classes knowing what happened to Jaejoong a month ago. But mostly, they didn't want to upset Jaejoong's Receiver. Yunho wasn't a joke when it came to Jaejoong, even if he was only a child of eleven.

"But Changminnie... He has two appas! Two papas!!" Jaejoong said, looking at his friend excitedly.

"Who has two papas?" Yoochun asked, stepping next to those three friends with Gyu-Ri and Yunho behind him.

"Yunnie!" The pretty boy beamed and ran to his Receiver, wrapping his arms around Yunho. "We have a new classmate. His name is Kim Junsu. He is a cute boy like me and... and... he has two appas! Not a papa and a mama like us." Jaejoong said eagerly.

Yunho creased his forehead and looked at Changmin who nodded to confirm Jaejoong's words.

"How could a child have two appas?" Yoochun frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. Tilting his head slightly on his right, he added, "...impossible for a man to give birth. I never read anything about the possibility that men can give birth. Only males seahorses carry the eggs providing by the females during the gestation. The incubation period is two to three weeks and another starts almost immediately with eggs from the same female. But, men don't have uterus. So impossible for them to carry any fetus."

"Yoochun." Yunho cut his friend before he said things the majority of them would learn it later at their puberty.

"Okay. Too profound for your innocent Supplier. Sorry." The other older boy said with a grin. "So, the boys has two appas." Yoochun nodded. "Interesting."

"Yeah. He said that one of his appas is his uncle and the other is his uncle's matched partner." Changmin added. "His mother died giving birth to him. As for his father..." The taller boy said while scratching the back of his head, not knowing if he should tell them about their new classmate's situation with his own father.

"What about his father?" Yoochun asked.

"Well... I don't think it something I could shout to everyone."

"Well don't tell us." Yoochun rolled up his eyes. " So, you two aren't the only same matched partners in all Seoul." Yoochun said, turning his eyes to the two boys next to him. Soon, he furrowed his eyes. "Jaejoongie? What happened? Did you feel unwell?"

"No..." Jaejoongie breathed out with a pout and hid his face on his matched partner's chest.

"Are you okay?" Yunho asked, worried about the change in his Jaejoongie's mood. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

The pretty boy shook his head. "I... I thought that... I could have a baby like mama..." Jaejoongie said slowly. "I..." He sighed. "I want a baby with you like mama with papa... but... it seems that boy can't really give birth..." He said sadly.

At Jaejoongie's words, everyone knew why the pretty boy was feeling dejected and saying something people would think as a bull to believe in it. However, in Jaejoong's case, he knew very well that something like that would never happen. But the boy couldn't help to think that if he was a girl everything would be alright for him to be Yunho's matched partner. And people would be glad for Yunho and him to be matched up for life.

Since that incident a month ago, the pretty boy was trying his best to be the little boy he should be. However they all knew that Jaejoongie needed time to accept the harsh reality of their life. The harsh reality that he would never satisfy everyone.

"Joongie..." Yunho breathed.

"I know... I'm a boy and boy can't give birth..." Jaejoongie said slowly, looking up at his matched partner. "But..." He heaved a forlorn sigh. "It would be good to have a baby with you, no?" He added leaning his cheek on Yunho's chest.

"Yeah." Yunho held his matched partner tight in his arms, rubbing small circles on his back hoping to soothe his sadness away. "It would be great to have a little baby with you and mostly looking like you."

Jaejoongie smiled beautifully at his Yunnie. And Yunho leaned to press his lips on his Supplier's lips for a butterfly kiss.

"Seahorses are lucky." The pretty boy said in a low voice.

"Don't think too much." Yunho added, pressing his lips on his Supplier's forehead.

"Hmm..." Jaejoongie thinned his lips and nodded. "Again." He whispered, looking up at his matched partner.

"As you wish."

Yunho complied with a smile.

The two little matched partners never ceased to kiss until recess ended in front of their amused friends who were accustomed to their behavior, and in front of every child who passed by them in this same corri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter