Meeting.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two - "Meeting."

 

"Na-Young?" called out a young man standing in front of a mirror. "You think this tie looks good on me?" He added, showing a dark blue tie to his wife who was taking pictures of their little three years old son, who was grinning in his baby blue suit jacket and dark blue suit short pants finished by a dark leather boots, every time his young mother demanded him to pose for her.

A snap. A squeal. A child's laugh. A praise. Another snap. Who was the photographer between his wife and him? It seemed not him at this moment.

"Nana?" He called out, showing her his tie.

"Everything looks good on you." She said without looking at her husband. All her attention was focused on their son.

"With whom are you married? With this little one or with this grown up one?" Won-Bin asked, looking at his little family, amused by this mother-son's relationship in front of him.

"Geez! It's not like you're going to meet your partner!" Na-Young rolled her eyes. "Papa is grumpy today." She said, stepping down at her son's level. "But, my little Joongie is the most beautiful boy in this world." The young mother squeezed her son into her crushing arms.

"Aaahh!! Mama!"

"Na-Young, you hurt him." The young man said, shaking his head slightly. "And who wouldn't be grumpy if they have to wear a baby blue suit." He mumbled under his breath, returning to look at his reflection in the mirror and trying to fix his tie.

"Mama. Joongie is a boy. And a boy is not beau-beautiful." The little boy said with a pout, making his mother squealing at his adorable side.

As for his father, he walked toward them and took his son away from his wife. "My son is a boy. And a boy is manly. Very manly." He said, hugging the little boy's waist from behind.

"Very manly." Joongie said with a big smile and rose his hands above his little head.

"No! My Joongie is a beautiful boy." She pouted.

"Manly!" corrected Won-Bin.

"Beautiful."

"Manly."

"No! Beautiful!"

"Okay, beautiful." Won-Bin said finally.

"No, no! He's manly!" Na-Young widened her eyes at the words she uttered. "You..." She groaned with displeasure, sinking on the carpet floor in the living room, and making her husband and son laugh at her. She never failed to fall into his trap.

"Honey. If you don't start to get ready now, we'll never make it in time." He mocked her.

"Oh! Right!" She stood up in a second. "Where is my outfit?" Na-Young went upstairs without losing a second. But she went down soon with a grin. "I'm already prepared. I'm not a slug like you." She added, walking straight to the two men of her life and took the hand of her son. "Let's go Joongie."

"Let's go!" The little boy imitated his mother, raising his free arm in the air, and marched or jogged next to her under the amused stare of his father.

"We're going to meet your partner."

"Meet my par-partner."

"Your boyfriend."

"My boyfriend."

"His what?" Won-Bin choked, looking at his wife and his baby boy.

"Boyfriend." Na-Young repeated, turning her attention to her husband who was trying to fix his tie in front of the mirror hanging on the hall in the foyer of their house.

"Nana, you have to say partner. Joongie is only three years old. Don't go planning his wedding ceremony after tomorrow. Moreover, his partner is a boy."

"Partner can be standing for husband, wife, spouse, mate or consort."

"I don't care."

"Our son will spend all his life with the boy." She rolled her eyes and looked down at her little guy. "Joongie, you are happy to meet your matched partner, right?

"Yes!" The little Joongie answered cheerfully.

"My baby is a big boy now." She took him into her arms and kissed him everywhere on his little face, making the little boy giggle.

"For God's sake. He is only three years old." Won-Bin rumbled under his breath, battling with his tie. His baby boy didn't have to grow up. The young father would gladly keep him like that forever.

Since they received the letter from the hospital, informing them that they found a matched partner for Jaejoong, Na-Young was the one who was excited the most at the news. She even prepared their matching outfits for this meeting ceremony for months in advance without knowing when they could wear it. The young mother wanted to give a good impression to all the parents at this ceremony. Since her childhood, she was an outcast child. Being too tall and a little bit skinny with a blunt personality, though not intentionally, children her age had spent their time to mock her or to avoid her like a plague. And her only friend was her matched partner.

So, during this introductory meeting and greeting, she wanted to show she wasn't th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter