A mother's love.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter three - "A mother's love."

 

After the explanation of their child's schedule that would lead them in to their entry to the nursery, parents were retired to the hospital conservatory for some refreshments and a chance to get acquainted, while children were gathering in to a separate room for a Power exchange practice.

"You're not going to talk with Jaejoong's parents?" Ji-Sub asked his wife, giving her a glass of orange juice. "You were already prepared to make things go well for Yunho."

"It's just..."

"That Yunho's partner is another boy?" Hee-Sun nodded. "A boy or a girl, we can't do anything if their wavelength are compatible."

"I know." She sighed. "Yunho is a special child. He isn't like other children in our country. Being a mixed blood, life will be hard for him. Now, his matched partner is a boy."

"There is no shame to be a set of Receiver-Supplier as two boys." Ji-Sub said looking at the other parents who were trying to know each other better for the sake of their child. But, he won't deny the curious and the dissatisfied stare of those persons toward them since the beginning of the meeting. "There are not many, but they manage to live happily." The man held her hand in his. "You are afraid they react like some of our acquaintances, I'm right?"

"What if they... what if they look down on him?" She stuttered, looking around them. Hee-Sun could feel the annoying stare of these parents since their arrival in the hospital. She knew that her son will never have a peaceful life being a mixed blood. People will judge him and scrutinize his every move. But now, he was matched up with another boy. How would be his future life from now on?

"And what if they don't care about his specificity?"

"But..."

"I know. You are thinking that fate are extremely unfair to us. But what if having a boy as a matched partner is better than to be paired with any little girl, who will turn her back on him at the first opportunity knowing who he is later. And not to mention if that little girl came from a good family of our society of elites, her parents would protest to have our son as a matched partner for their daughter." Ji-Sub explained, spacing out. "I'm a fool for them to marry you and to accept your child as mine. Yunho is an adorable child in our eyes. But he is a monster in their eyes." He added. "So, we can't be demanding. Not now and not in the near future. It's for Yunho's sake."

"I don't want to disappoint my parents anymore."

"I know, you don't want to make them unhappy. But it seems that Lee-Kim pairing doesn't change much from their high school's years. Same odd couple." Ji Sub said, watching the strange pairing who seemed to be in their own world.

"Everyone changes..."

"For me, Jaejoong is a gift from heaven." Ji-Sub added, looking at his wife tenderly.

Hee-Sun turned her eyes to the couple in the opposite corner of the hall. They weren't from their social background. What their people would think about them associating with those commoners people?

 

-----

 

"Na-Young, is it ok not to talk to Yunho's parents?"

"Well, I don't really want to talk with them." She said, munching at her cake aggressively. "Did you see her expression when she knew that our Jaejoongie was a boy?"

"Every parent would react like her. No one expects to see their son being matched up with another child boy." Won-Bin handed her a glass of orange juice, which Na-Young drank the bitter-sweet liquid in one go.

"But I wasn't surprised or disappointed by the news." She said, pouting.

"You are you and others are others." Won-Bin said smiling at his wife. "And how are our kids supposed to get along if we've got tension between us already?"

"I know... I get it..." Na-Young sighed. "I just wanted so much for it to be like this or like that!" She pointed the different couples of mothers chatting and laughing while talking about their children. Some of them projected to take their children on picnic, others to the swimming pool and visit each other house.

"Sorry." Won-Bin said, knowing how his wife was disappointed by the turn of events.

"Why are you apologizing?" Na-Young frowned. "I was the one who wanted to impress all of them, mostly her."

"Hmm... Do you have a moment?"

The Kim couple turned their eyes to the woman who was standing in a good distance from them with a weak smile on her lips. Jung Hee-Sun seemed a bit nervous.

"Go." Won-Bin whispers to his wife and kissed her temple. He pushed her lightly toward the little Yunho's mother.

Na-Young glanced at her husband and gave him her plate and glass. Then she followed the other young mother. During their walk, she noticed that every eye was on them. She even heard some unpleasant comments from those couples of parents about the young and sophisticate woman in front of her.

"Can we go outside?" asked Hee-Sun glancing back to look at the young woman behind her.

"Sure." Na-Young nodded, making her feel a little relieved.

They took the direction to the main entrance of the conservatory and left behind them gossips and curious eyes. The two women were walking in a slow pace in silence alongside the conservatory.

"Hmm... Can I ask you something?" Na-Young broke this suffocating silence between them.

"You can."

"You're pretty young aren't you?"

"I'm twenty three." Hee-Sun answered, stopping her march and turned to look at the other young mother. "You look pretty young yourself."

"You're right." Na-Young replied straightforward. "I had Jaejoong when I was twenty. It makes us the same age."

"I imagine it must be a bit surprise to have a boy as Jaejoong's matched partner." Yunho's mother said slowly. "And to imagine that he is the son of us... you know who we are, I'm right?"

"And who are you?" asked Na-Young, tilting her head slightly on her right.

Hee-Sun smiled weakly and sighed forlornly. "Didn't you hear what those people inside were saying about my husband and me?"

"You know, I was an outcast child and my only friend was my matched partner. Now, I begin to socialize with others for my son's sake. I just know that you are the matched partner of Jung Ji-Sub, a member of the famous Jung family. A family who belongs to the Elites in our society. If you are his matched partner, you're not from a commoner's family either. So, what's so special about your family?"

"You're really a strange person." Hee-Sun said, amused by this young woman in front of her. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter