Receiver and Supplier.

Other Halves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one - "Receiver and Supplier."

 

Progressively, Autumn had given his way to Winter. Night fell earlier than before. And lately, the weather was getting colder without her realizing it. Jung Hee-Sun parked her car inside the garage near her husband's car. She slid out from her seat and closed the car's door without looking back. The only thing she wanted at this moment was to be warm and cuddle with her little family after a hard day of work.

She didn't complain about her work as an assistant for a crazy but famous fashion designer. Her work really drained her time and energy, that sometimes she had to neglect her son. But, she must oblige herself to make her dream come true for the sake of their future, with a college student in a business management as a husband in his last year and a little boy in charge for the moment, until Ji-Sub could enter the Jung family business as a project manager. All the family had to wait half a year before everything would be alright.

"I'm home." Hee-Sun said, entering the cozy and warm house.

"Welcome back."

"It's cold. Really cold outside." She added, walking straight from the foyer to the living room.

"Yeah, it seems that it will snow tomorrow." Her husband replied from the living room

"We will have a white Christmas."

 "It will be good for Yunho." Ji-Sub complied and showed her a manila envelope when she stepped into the room. "A letter came from the hospital."

"The result?!" The young woman said enthusiastically. She took the manila envelope from her husband and removed the two pieces of paper from its.

"Yeah, but long story short, they still can't find anyone. Yunho might not be able to enter the nursery this spring."The young father said reluctantly, not wanting to spoil her joy.

"Hmm" Hee-Sun looked at the letters, pulling a face. She put the letters on the coffee table and sighed. "I see. I guess, there's nothing to do but put our hope on the next set of new Suppliers..." She said, removing her coat. "What's Yunho up to?"

"Sleeping." The man said, walking to the kitchen to make a warm tea for his wife. "Your mom was looking after him since morning." He poured the water into the tea-pot and put it on the stove.

"I'll call her later." She replied and went upstairs to look at her sleeping son.

Hee-Sun opened the door of her son's bedroom, and found the little Yunho sleeping soundly, wrapping his arms around a soft plushy Bambi. She walked up to the small bed and tucked the little boy with his stuffed little friend under the soft comforter. She pressed her lips gently on his little forehead and returned to the living room.

"... say... all the trouble we have finding Yunho a partner..." She said clutching her fingers together upon her stomach. "You don't think his body might be..."

"Come on. Are you still hung up on what that idiotic nurse said before." Ji-Sub cut her, walking to the living room with a mug of warm tea in his hand. "Don't believe her. It's perfectly common to find a matched partner after you turn four. He is a little late. That's all." He tried to soothe her anxiety away, rubbing circles on her back.

"Yeah." She murmured with a small smile, taking the mug of warm tea from her husband's hand and sipping the hot tea carefully. But, the young mother couldn't forget what that middle-aged nurse said to them when Yunho was born.

'What the chart has here about Yunho's father... Is this really true? I guess I don't know the circumstances, but finding another child who will be compatible with him, with his sort of background might be quick a task.'

Hee-Sun would never forget the irritated visage of that old woman, looking at her like she had sinned. Because she wanted to keep a baby whose father was from another country, with a body organism that was different from them.

Around the age of three or four, the body types of the people of their country were differentiated into Suppliers or Receivers. That was the age when a Supplier began to generate Power inside their body, and a Receiver's body began to require that Power in order to survive.

When a birth was registered, the child's body type was also submitted. So, when time came, they could find the most compatible partner available for the child. Normally a matched partner was found around three or four years old. After that, the couple of children should attend seminars to learn how to give and to receive Power gradually. If they passed through this stage with success, they could enter the nursery.

Small children only required Power transfers once a day. But beyond that age, every couple needed it two or three times a day. Their bodies became unable to live without one another, almost like an addiction.

Her son, Yunho could be born with the same body as his father, without needing a partner to survive and live a normal life, but she would have to send him away, to his real father. Letting him live beside her would be cruel. Being the only one who didn't need a matched partner, he would have grown old alone, without someone to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter