Chapter 9 (Turn my old-fashioned self into...)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

BOM's POV

"Mama, you don't have to do that earlier," Chae Rin's father said.

"Ahjussi, it's okay. I couldn't stand looking at the two of you acting like that. I don't want your relationship with Mr. Choi to turn sour," I replied. 

"Mama, you are too kind," he replied.

"Ania. Don't worry about it. It's part of my responsibility. As a princess, I have to do some sacrifices," I explained.

"Mama, thank you very much," he replied as he held my hands tightly.

"Ahjussi, please don't call me 'Mama' anymore. Just call me Bom," I said. "Also, can I call you appa?"

"Of course! That would be an honor to me!" he replied.

"Bom ah, you have to start going to school on Monday. Luckily today's Friday. We still have Saturday and Sunday to prepare," omma interrupted.

"To prepare what exactly?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, we're going to the salon first, you really need a modern hairstyle. As for your clothes, we'll shop after that. You really need some clothes to wear. Let me see, clothes for shopping, for sleeping, for staying at home, for going to the beach, for dating," she explained.

"Omma, what's dating?" I asked.

"Aigoo. Such a backward thinking. I forgot that you're from the past. You see, dating is what couples usually do," omma replied.

"Y-you mean making out?" I asked.

"Ania! Couples do it before they got married," she explained.

"So, what do they usually do when they date?" I asked.

"Let me see. They walk together, spend some time together, talk, joke and sometimes, kiss!" she continued.

"Kiss? Really? During my time, couples are not even allowed to talk to one another before marriage! They can only look at one another!" I exclaimed.

"You'll soon experience it as well with Seunghyun. Come on, let's go to sleep. It's already late," omma replied.

The next day......

"Omma, why does Chae Rin have these weird clothes?" I asked.

"I also think they're weird. It's what she calls hip-hop style," omma replied.

"I look like a comedian, don't I?" I asked.

"Aigoo. Don't complain any further. We'll go to the salon first then I'll buy lots and lots of clothes that fit your style!" omma said.

And so, at the salon...

"Oh my god! Look at your hair! When was the last time you cut it?" the transgender hairstylist asked, with his hands waving up and down while he talks.

"I haven't cut my hair since I was born," I replied.

"I believe you! Look at this, you could've got into the Guinness world records for the longest hair in the world!" he said.

"Excuse me, can you start working now? We have to go to somewhere else after this. I want you to do anything, anything with her hair, that can make her as beautiful as ever! You get that? B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!" omma exclaimed.

"Yes, Madam! I'll start working right away!" he replied.

After five hours of the annoying experience at the salon, finally, my hair is done. When I look at mirror, I feel like I'm looking at someone else. I look like a 21st century girl. 

"Wah, she's beautiful. Good job! Well done," omma said to the hairstylist.

"Sheesh. What can I say, Madam? After all I'm the best hairstylist in here," he bragged.

"Omma, what did he do to my hair? It's golden brown? And, and it's so smooth and silky!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"You like it?" omma asked.

"Uhm! I like it!" I replied.

 

Chae Rin's mother's POV

This is truly one of the best moments in my life. Chae Rin never wanted to shop together with me. It seems my dream has come true. But still, no one can replace my Chae Rin.

"Bom, you have such great legs. You'll look great in mini-skirts and short dresses!" I said. "Why don't you try this one?"

"Omma, isn't this too short? I've never worn anything that reveals my legs, or even my toes," she replied.

"Omo, I thought you've agreed earlier. You need to turn into a 21st century girl," I replied.

"Yes, that's right! I must bear with all of these!" she exclaimed.

"That's my girl!" I shouted as I high-five with her.