Chapter 5 (Meeting a nerd?!?!!)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

BOM's POV

Flashback...

Chae Rin's mother : Mama, can I ask, what is your name actually?

Bom : My name is Park Bom. But please, just call me Bom. You don't have to be formal.

Chae Rin's mother : Sure. Erm, Bom, you've read the letter, am I right?

Bom : Yes. Actually, about the wedding-

Chae Rin's mother : Yes, I get what you're trying to say. Don't worry, we'll not force you to marry in place of Chae Rin.

Bom : Ania, that's not what I meant. How can I even marry him, he probably already knows how Chae Rin looks like. If he sees me, it's totally-

Chae Rin : Actually, Chae Rin hasn't met him.

Bom : What? Really? T-then, is this some kind of a forced marriage?

Chae Rin : Y-yes. My husband and I had no option. Chae Rin is a problematic child. She always comes home late from school. Sometimes she doesn't come home after a few days. One time, she got caught smoking at school. She never listen to me or even her father. She's always disrespectful to us.

Bom : Aaaah, I see.

Right about then, the bell rung...

Chae Rin's mother : Ah, that must be them!

Bom : Who is it?

Chae Rin's mother : Chae Rin's future husband! He's here with his parents. I want to discuss something with them, about canceling the wedding.

Bom : Uhm, wait! Can I call you o-omma? I-it's easier that w-way.

Chae Rin's mother : Sure, whichever suits you, Bom.

End of flashback...

And so, right now, I'm thinking whether or not I should go down and meet Chae Rin's supposed-to-be-future-husband. I hide behind the door and starts eavesdropping.

"Please don't be too shy. Enjoy your tea," I heard omma (Chae Rin's mother) said.

"Yes, thank you," I heard someone replied.

"Okay, should I join them, or should I not? But I really really want to know! Aish, me and my stupid curiosity! Aigoo, shame on me! I must never curse or say a bad word since I'm a role model!" I thought.

And so, at last, I follow what my heart wants and without thinking any further, I turn the door knob and push open the door. Five pairs of eyes are looking at me, and I feel like being hit by lasers.

"Ah, annyonghasaeyo," I said as I bowed politely.

I walk closer to them and sit down.

"Aigoo, is this your daughter?" the ahjumma asked.

"Ah, her? She's-," omma replied.

"Yes, I'm their daughter," I replied.

"Such a fine lady. Wearing a hanbok even at home. Right now, it's very rare to see a young lady wearing traditional hanboks!" the ahjussi complimented me.

"Thank you," I replied while smiling.

"Omo, you look very beautiful. Can I ask, what is your name?" the ahjumma said.

"Thank you. My name is Bom," I replied.

Omma and Chae Rin's father keep nudging me and I give them a smile, trying to tell them that everything is alright.

"Bom ah, meet my son, Seunghyun," the ahjumma said.

The man is wearing glasses and from one glance, I can tell that he is a nerd. But he looks so innocent and he's actually quite my type, except the fact that he's a nerd though.

"Annyonghasaeyo," he said while I give him a nod.

"Choi Min Su-sshi, actually the reason we called the three of you here is to discuss about the wedding," Chae Rin's father said.

"Omo, what is it to discuss about again? I thought everything is already settled?" the ahjussi replied.

"Ania, actually, I want to cancel the wedding," Chae Rin's father replied.

"What? You! You, you, crazy-" the ahjussi fumed.

"Wait! Ahjussi! Please don't get it wrong! I'm the one who wanted to cancel the wedding!" I exclaimed.

"What?" both omma and Chae Rin's father gasped.

"I feel that I'm not ready yet! I'm only 17 years old. I need to study first! I want to at least finish school and only then I'll marry! Please, I have my own ambitions and dreams too," I explained.

"Is that so? Then, we don't any other choice but to respect your decision," the ahjussi replied.

"But, can you at least get engaged to Seunghyun first?" the ahjumma asked.

"Oh, I'm fine with it," I replied.

"Well then, it's settled already. Seunghyun ah, why don't you talk to Bom? You two should get closer together," omma said.

"O-okay," he replied.

"Bom, bring him to your room," omma said.