Chapter 8 (A Shocking News)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

CL's POV

''Chae Rin ah, who exactly are you? I mean, I don't expect you to have connections with the royal family,'' Ki Bum said.

''Ah, I practically live h-here!'' I replied.

''Really? Then are you related to the royal family?'' he asked.

I don't know what to answer him and I repeatedly try to look out for the Emperor or his wife, to think that they maybe can help me.

''Ki Bum ah! Why did you leave me behind?'' Jiyong exclaimed.

Luckily he's here. At least one problem is solved.

''Chae Rin, we have to go meet the Emperor now. We have something to discuss about,'' Ki Bum replied.

 

Jiyong's POV

''My lord, we've arrived,'' I said as my father, Ki Bum and I bow down to the ground, showing our respect to the Emperor.

''Thank you for coming. Please stand up and have a seat here,'' the Emperor said.

''What is it that you want to discuss with us, my Lord?'' my father asked asked.

''Firstly, I want to send my deep apology to you, Kwon Dong Wook-sshi as well as Kwon Jiyong-sshi. I'm very sorry for cancelling the wedding,'' he replied.

''No, I'm fine with it. Please don't worry so much about it, my Lord,'' I replied.

''Actually the reason I cancelled the wedding is because my daughter, she, she,'' the Emperor said.

''What happened to her?'' Ki Bum asked.

''She's missing!'' he replied.

He then hands over a letter to us and we read it together.

''What? Then, that girl, Chae Rin. She's from the future?'' I exclaimed.

''Indeed. I know it sounds unreal, but I believe it. I recognise the handwriting on the letter belongs to my daughter. Besides, this must be the doings of the God,'' he replied.

''No wonder she seems different. The way she talks and act. The food she ordered. So this is the answer,'' Ki Bum said.

''Since my daughter told me to treat Chae Rin very well, I have no other choice but to do it. That's why I need you, Kwon Jiyong-sshi, to teach Chae Rin everything there is to be a fine lady,'' the Emperor explained.

''M-me? What about Ki Bum?'' I asked.

''He's going to be Chae Rin's accompaniment. Chae Rin doesn't have any friends so I think since Ki Bum is at the same age as her, they will get along with each other,'' he continued.

I have no other choice but to accept it. Just when one problem has been solved, another problem appears.

''Courtlady Shin, please tell Chae Rin to come inside,'' the Emperor ordered.

''Right away, my Lord,'' Courtlady Shin replied.

 

CL's POV

''You called me, erm, what should I call you? Mr. Emperor?'' I asked.

''You, don't be rude to the-'' Jiyong exclaimed.

''It's okay. Chae Rin doesn't know what to call me since she's from the future,'' the Emperor replied.

''T-they know it already?'' I gasped.

''Yes. I told them about it. Chae Rin, meet Kim Ki Bum, he's going to be your accompaniment from now on,'' the Emperor said.

''Actually the two of us are already friends!'' I replied.

''Really? Then that is good news! Ah, also, meet Kwon Jiyong, he's going to be your tutor from now on,'' he continued.

''What? Him? My tutor? T-then I have to meet him everyday?'' I asked.

''That's right. You better watch out, Chae Rin-sshi,'' Jiyong smirked.