Chapter 1 (Birthday Wishes)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

BOM's POV

Silently, I climbed out of my bed and walked towards the window. After opening the window as carefully as possible, I jumped out of my room through it. Though the feeling of guilt was overflowing in me, the feeling of wanting to be free overpowered it. After darting from one room to another, hiding in every corners whenever a guard passed by and even jumping from one roof top to another, I finally met my final rival - the main gate. I've become quite a pro at doing this but truthfully, this was the first time I was able to go this far. Sneakily, I walked towards the gate and took out the key that I've stolen earlier from the head guard. I successfully opened the lock and all that was left for me to do was to open the gate, then I could achieve freedom. But all of it was just a shattered dream...when one of the guards busted me!

He brought me back to my room and informed my parents after that.

"Mama, where are you trying to go again?" Se Kyung, one of palace maids as well as my closest advisor, asked.

"Se Kyung ah. I'm busted again," I pouted.

"Mama, please. Don't try to run away again," Se Kyung sobbed. "If you run away, who is going to be my friend?"

The door of my room was suddenly opened and again, there was this feeling of deja-vu...My mother ran towards me and hugged me tightly while crying. Meanwhile, my father just stood beside me, with such fiery and furious looking eyes.

"I need 10 guards to be at the door, another 5 behind the window and tell the whole guards unit to patrol the whole palace compound. We must not allow my daughter to escape again," my father exclaimed.

"Bom ah, why are you doing this? Please stop this nonsense," my mother whimpered.

Seeing her cry like this because me made me felt sorry.

"Omma, I won't escape again. I'm sorry if I made you worried," I replied, hugging her tighter.

"You better be. My wife, let's go back to our room," my father said in a stern and frightful tone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep at all, thinking about how my life would change tomorrow. So, took a seat on the floor at the veranda and stared at how beautiful the sky was.

"Mama, it's already midnight. It's your birthday," Se Kyung said.

"Uhm. It's my birthday. Se Kyung ah," I replied.

"Yes? What is it, Mama?" Se Kyung asked.

"I'm going to get married tomorrow," I replied. "You know Se Kyung, sometimes I wish I was just a commoner like everyone else,"

"Mama, please don't say things like that," Se Kyung said.

"Ania. It's the truth," I replied.

" How I wish I can escape the wedding. How I wish I can escape to somewhere far away just to escape my wedding! How I wish I can find my true love myself!" I shouted.

"Mama, please. I beg you, don't say things like that anymore," Se Kyung begged. "Omo! Look! There's a shooting star just about a few seconds ago!"

"Really? Aigoo, I really want to see it," I pouted.

"Mama? Mama? Why are you slowly disappearing? Mama! Mama!" I heard Se Kyung shouted before I found myself in a bright place, all alone with a girl dressed with strange clothings.

 

CL's POV

Meanwhile in the modern world....

I laid alone on my bed, soaking my pillow with tears flowing from my eyes non-stop. I noticed my phone vibrating several times but I ignored it. To me, everything else was no longer needed, nor even need to be cared since my life was already ruined. The thought of getting married enraged me. I couldn't believe that my parents would go that far to let me marry a random guy at a really young age, just because I at studying. Was this their way of punishing me? No, I guess not. This was rather a torture.

I heard someone knocking my door and I quickly wiped away my tears. 

"Could it be my parents?" I thought.

My prediction wrong. But, really, how silly of me. I shouldn't have high expectations, my parents would never celebrate my birthday.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to Miss CL, happy birthday to you!" my maids greeted me with a birthday cake.

"Aigoo, thanks guys! I really appreciate this!" I exclaimed happily, shedding a tear.

"Miss, blow the candles and then wish for something!" one of my maids said.

I blew all the candles and then closed my eyes.

"I wish I can escape to a place, far a way, so that I can escape my wedding," I thought.

My birthday wish somehow came true cause when I opened my eyes, I was in a bright place with a beautiful girl dressed in a traditional hanbok.

"Your wishes have come true. Please live your life to the fullest my two dear young ladies," I heard an angelic voice said.

 

---------------------------------------------------

Notes: In Korea, they call a female royalty by the name 'Mama'. In case you're wondering! ;P

----------------------------------------------------------

So how's the first chapter? Don't forget to comment and subscribe! I hope you guys enjoyed it!