Chapter 6 (I Hate Him!)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

CL's POV

''Is there something going on here?'' I asked one of the Courtladies.

''Yes Lee Chae Rin-sshi. The Emperor is meeting someone very important,'' she answered.

''Ah I see. Btw you don't have to be so formal with me. Just call me CL okay?'' I replied.

''But the Emperor told us that we must treat you well and-'' she said.

''Aish! Let's be friends! What's your name?'' I said.

''If you insist. My name is Shin Se Kyung,'' she replied. ''Omo! I need to go now! See you later!''

I wave my hand as she walks away.

''My, my, look who's here,'' I thought when I see Kwon Jiyong standing beside the pond.

''Kwon Jiyong-sshi, do you remember me?'' I asked.

He turns his face to me and gives me the who's-bothering-me-again look. He scrutinizes my face but he still has that look.

''I'm sorry but I don't think I've seen you before. You must be one of my admirers who always act like we've known one another,'' he replied.

''What? You, you, you stupid person!'' I exclaimed.

''Who are you calling me stupid? You must be from a lowly family because you seem uneducated,'' he replied.

''Aish, why did I even fall for him in the first place? I'm starting to hate him now!'' I thought.

''Oh my, Chae Rin, what are you doing here?'' Ki Bum asked.

''She's one of the maids here,'' Kwon Jiyong replied.

I kick Kwon Jiyong's leg real hard, making him jump up and down while holding his leg.

''You! You need to have some counselling right away! You don't have any manners!'' he shouted.

''Hahaha! Jiyong ah, you look funny!'' Ki Bum jeered.

''Ki Bum, what are you doing here?'' I asked.

''I'm meeting the Emperor with Jiyong and our father,'' he replied.

''Your father?'' I asked.

''Ah, I forgot to tell you. Jiyong is my half brother. I'm using my mother's surname instead of 'Kwon','' he explained.

''Why are you ignoring me?'' Jiyong asked.

''Hmph! Whatever. Ki Bum ah, let me take you on a tour around the palace,'' I said as I hold Ki Bum's arm.

''Don't leave me here! Ow, my leg hurts!'' Jiyong exclaimed as Ki Bum and I walk away from him.

 

Jiyong's POV

''Really, what kind of girl kicks a man? Aren't girls supposed to be soft?'' I thought.

I see Ki Bum and Chae Rin entering a room.

''Hmm, she looks quite pretty actually,'' I thought. ''Aish! What am I thinking? I only met her two times, how can I already be falling for her!'' I said to myself.

''Kwon Jiyong, you must control yourself. That's right, just pretend that you don't remember meeting her at your house and stick to your arrogant and hard-to-get treatment towards her!'' I exclaimed.