Chapter 4 (Meeting a new friend)

There's No Such Thing As Impossible When You're In Love

CL's POV

A week ago, the Emperor has cancelled the wedding. Now, everything seems to be going quite well, well to be true, not so well. During the first few days I didn't even know how to wear a hanbok and I wasn't used to wear wood slippers. But thankfully, I'm getting quite used to it. Since the Emperor and his wife are on an official visit to Japan, I'm taking this opportunity to wander around the town.

The street was very busy with people rushing to go to work, hawkers selling their goods and even children playing around. I make a stop at a restaurant to have some refreshments while waiting for the street to be clear.

"Annyong. Do you have pizza here?" I said.

"Pizza?" the ahjumma asked.

"Yes. Tuna pizza," I replied.

"Yes! We have it here!" she replied.

"I'll have one serving please," I replied as I take a seat.

"Wow,  didn't expect them to have pizza here. The Italians must really have a big influence in Korea," I thought.

While waiting, I notice a good-looking man entering the restaurant. He takes a seat on the table beside me and calls out a waiter to order.

"Miss, enjoy your food," the ahjumma said.

"What is this thing?" I asked.

"It's tuna! You asked for tuna earlier, don't you remember?" she replied.

I nod slowly, pretending to agree on what she said just to to avoid a fight.

"Man, how stupid of me. Of course, this is 1811," I thought.

Seeing that I'm hungry, I decide to just eat the dish.

"Omo, this is so delicious! It's even better than pizza!" I exclaimed.

"Miss, this is a restaurant. You don't have to shout. You can just keep in to yourself about how the delicious your food is," the man beside me said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose," I replied shyly.

"Miss, is it really delicious?" the ahjumma asked.

"Yes," I replied, giving her a thumbs up.

"Here, have some more," she replied.

And so, after eating, erm, quite a lot, no, A LOT!!!, I suddenly remember the most important thing. MONEY!!!

"What to do? I didn't bring some money!" I thought as I panic.

"Ahjumma, I'm so sorry. Actually, I, I don't have a single cent," I said.

"What?!!? You, you, you! What are you going to do about it?" the ahjumma exclaimed.

"Ahjumma, I'll pay for her. Here's your money," the man said. "You, follow me,"

I follow him outside the restaurant and he keeps looking back to make sure that I'm following him. At last, we arrived at a house. 

"Oh, so he's rich," I thought as I enter the house with him.

He tells me to sit on the chair and I oblige.

"Erm, thank you for earlier. At the restaurant. I,I'll pay you back the money next time when we meet," I said, breaking the silence.

"No, it's okay. Take it as a treat from me. Can I ask you something?" he replied.

"Okay," I said.

"You're not originally from here aren't you?" he asked.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Your way of talking is very different and just now, you ordered a tuna pizza. What is a 'pizza'?" he said.

"Y-yes, I'm not from here. I,I'm actually from, from, er, Italy! Yes, I'm from Italy. I just got back here!" I lied, trying to think of a country but since I'm thinking about pizza, I'll just say Italy.

"Ah, I see. So 'pizza' must be an Italian food," he said.

"Yes!" I replied.

"Ah, nice to see you. I'm Kim Ki Bum," he replied.

"Annyong. My name is Lee Chae Rin!" I said.

"I hope we can be friends! To tell you the truth, my father is an archaeologist so he travels a lot. He has a lot of friends from different countries. I also want to be an archaeologist when I grow up, that's why I think it's best to have friends from different countries from a young age," he said.

"Ahh, I see. Then I hope we can be great friends!" I replied.

"Erm, can we meet again tomorrow?" he asked.

"T-tomorrow? I don't k-know. But-," I replied.

An extremely handsome man suddenly enters the room and he stares at me with those alluring and beautiful eyes.  I think I've fallen for him.

"Who, who is she?" he asked.

"Ah, this is Lee Chae Rin. She's my friend. Chae Rin, this is Kwon Jiyong. He's my best friend as well as my housemate," Ki Bum replied.

"Annyonghasaeyo," I said, bowing politely.

"Annyong," he replied.

I'm really hoping to get to know him more but he seems uninterested in me. He exits the room after that and goes upstairs.

"Don't be too surprised. He's always like that. Well, not actually. When he's like that, he's happy," Ki Bum replied.

"Happy? What a weird person," I replied.

"He's happy because his marriage with the royal princess is cancelled," he explained.

"Ah, so he was actually supposed to marry Park Bom-sshi," I thought.

"I tell you, in any moment, he'll be here and you'll see how-," Ki Bum replied.

"I'm free!" Kwon Jiyong screamed as he jumps up and down.

He then walks towards me and holds my hands, asking me to dance along with him.

"Wow, this is surely the best thing that has ever happened to me so far," I thought.