Chapter 007

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

The warmth seeping from his hand was like nothing I’ve experienced before. The silence was making this walk the weirdest I’ve ever had and plus the fact that I was threatened to hold someone’s hand made it a little frightening to live through. ‘’Mr Bully?’’ I quietly whispered to get his attention and he turned his head towards me and I shrink a little at the accorded attention, God he’s scary.

 ‘’How is it that you still don’t remember my name? Am I boring or something?’’ he asked and I shrugged at first. ‘’It’s just that, whenever I don’t want to be associated with someone I try to blank anything coming from them and that’s why your name isn’t sticking to my memory’’ I said. He chuckled whilst looking ahead. ‘’You’re pretty straight forward aren’t you?’’ he asked. ‘’Yes.’’ I replied and he chuckled once again.

‘’What did you want to ask anyway?’’ he asked and I thought back to what I wanted to ask him in the first place. ‘’Why did you save me?’’ I asked and he looked at me taken aback at the question.

‘’Because.’’ he simply stated. That sent me into a confusion state.

 ‘’Yes…’’ I wanted him to carry on but he didn’t say anything more. What’s this ‘because’ answer? ‘’I thought you bully people not save them’’ I said and this time he stopped.

‘’Look, if you have something against me, or if you hate me then you can yourself home if you want.’’ He suddenly said in an outburst of anger.

My eyes widened. ‘’Really?’’ I asked as a smile appeared on my lips. I could finally get away from him. My tummy grew light all of the sudden because I had the chance of getting away from him. I unstuck my hand away from his and continued to walk away with content. It really pushed me to throw my hands up in the air and cry of happiness but I concealed it as much as I could. I knew this guy would kill me if he saw all of that…

It was seconds later that I felt someone snatch my hand again. I looked to my right and the bully himself was there again. ‘’What? Are you too scared to continue walking alone?’’ I asked whilst wearing a smile on my lips. He tilted his head towards me with a neutral scary face and I apologized in an instant. I couldn’t joke around with him, I didn’t even know his deal, one second he’s nice and caring and the next his inner dragon comes out and stings with acid. This is the most confusing and complicated person I’ve ever met in my life.

But I did take notice of the fact that he was holding my hand again and in the same way I was holding it before…it was weird. I didn’t expect him to do that.

‘’I thought you didn’t like other people touching you’’ I said. He looked at me as we turned the corner and a smile had spread across his lips. ‘’It’s something I say to intimidate people’’ he said and I sloped my head slightly.

‘’Oh, like: ‘if you touch me you’re dead’’’ I said imitating him. He looked at me and I once again apologized on the spot, his looks seem ready to kill so it’s better to be quiet. ‘’Yeah, something like that’’ he said as he turned to face the front again.

 ‘’I thought you were sensitive’’ the words escaped my mouth and he laughed. I need to learn how to keep my mouth shut; this is the wrong person to deal with. But on the other hand he looks like he’s getting comfortable around me, that’s the only thing I can read from people, I know that if it reaches the point when they laugh at me then they enjoy being around me.

‘’So you don’t mind me touching you then?’’ I asked just to confirm that holding his hand is okay, when in fact it was his idea in the first place when he threatened me with it. ‘’Whoa there.’’ he exclaimed out of nowhere. ‘’You really are straight forward aren’t you?’’ He said and I frowned.

‘’What?’’ I asked. ‘’All I was asking is if it was all right if I was in contact with your hand, I don’t know what you’re thinking of on the other hand’’ I said as I took notice of the old oak I always admire every single time I pass through here.

 ‘’You just sounded dirty there’’ he said and I tilted my head in confusion then looked down at myself. I looked at my clothes as I twisted to look behind me and then I returned to him. ‘’I’m not dirty’’ I said. He suddenly laughed again.

‘’Why do you take things so literally, you’re really like a child you know?’’ he said and I just shrugged my shoulders. Revealing my side to him might be just too much, I don’t even know him and besides I’m not too sure if he’s the ally or the enemy.

 We resumed back to walking again and took notice of something after a while. ‘’Mr bully?’’ I asked. ‘’Yes’’ he calmly answered back and listened to my next question but only if it really was one. ‘’My hand is cold, can we stop holding hands now, it’s awkward and I don’t even know you.’’ I said and he started laughing again. Seriously. What’s with the continuous laughing from him?

 ‘’I’ll solve only one of your problems though.’’ He said. He shoved both of our hands in his pocket and slowly my hand started to unfreeze.

‘’But I don’t want to hold hands with you’’ I said trying to talk my discomfort out loud. ‘’Well, you’re going to have to get used to it.’’ He said. I sighed as I continued giving him directions to my house, he wasn’t going to let of my hand; I just knew it. I really think he’s testing me here, or maybe using me for his own entertainment just like the others, or more like Sehun. I sighed as I knew my house was near and I knew this would soon be over.

Once in front of my house I stopped, and so did he. ‘’Can you let go of my hand now? I’m home.’’ I said and waited for an action very silently. ‘’Not until I get a thank you’’ he said not even blinking.

 ‘’Well, you don’t deserve one, you terrorised me at school and all the way here’’ I said with a serious tone and he frowned at me. I got scared of him all of the sudden. ‘’I’m sorry. Thank you’’ I immediately said and he laughed at me. ‘’Okay, you can go now’’ he released my hand and suddenly my brain had wished that he would have held my hand for longer. My hands rubbed together and I noticed how sweaty it had been; weird. Maybe it’s time for a quick escape.

I my heels and started to run towards my house. Nor did I look back or say good bye, I just left him as if I didn’t want to see him again and I hope he got the message.  Just when I was about to close the door I in some air and said something that took a lot of courage to say.

‘’Please be careful on your way home.’’

I just felt the need to say that. After he saved me, he at least deserves something back and since he bullied me I shrunk the reward to a word of concern. That should be enough acknowledgement for him shouldn’t it? I shut the door and placed my hand on top of my chest.

It was beating fast.

I ignored it for the moment though and switched my attention on lowering the sound of my breath and my feet. I took my shoes off and noticed how my mother’s and my father’s shoes weren’t present as always. They weren’t home.

The lights were on and that only meant that Jessica was home. I took my coat off being cautious in case she’d come downstairs and question why I’m so late and then I slowly made way upstairs. I reached Jessica’s slightly opened door and I saw her on her bed and with her full attention stuck to her phone. Probably talking to her friends. I smiled and quickly made my way to my room being glad that she never found out that I was late.

For the first time in my life I  felt glad that my family was ignorant of me, my parents still working till late and my sister just thinking that I’m in my room studying, she never really checks up on me so that was a plus in this situation.

I closed the door behind me and dropped my bag along with my body on the floor. I breathed out and placed both of my hands on my temples to calm myself down. Today had surely been a ride.

I had thought about that bully instantly. Why he threatened me in school but later decided to help me. Why he went as far as fighting with someone to save me and why he went as far as walking me home just to see me walk inside my home safely.

All of these things were strange to me, just like I didn’t have many males as my friends I never got to get used to any things like this. It seemed weird but somewhat…how should I say it… comfortable. I know I only felt uncomfortable to experience those things with someone like that bully because I feared for my life but I know that at some point through that walk I stopped worrying about that bully holding my hand because it no longer caused any discomfort. Wait, I may know what that was; I was too absorbed into the night to notice that I was still holding his hand. Yes, that must have been it.

I carried on and threw something comfortable to wear and tied my hair up again as my pony tail became loose. I took my watch off and tried to rub off the red marks it left on my hand. I instantly thought of how many times this bully had held my wrist today and I had to stop myself from wincing at the thought. He really is a violent person. But nice when he wants to.

I went downstairs to eat when I saw the text from my mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter