Chapter 020

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I was silent the whole time at school; I didn’t seem to want to do anything but hope for the day to go by quicker. At lunch, some girls had approached me and asked me over the event from yesterday at the basketball game ‘’Had he really grabbed your face?’’ ‘’Did he kiss you?’’ ‘’Did he really stop the game for you?’’ they asked the same questions every single time but I denied it and said that it was another girl behind me. It only reminded me of his face every single time and I feared that. I wouldn’t want him to come to me again, Sehun said he’d take action and I feared for him, I knew what Zico was capable of.

   They soon stopped coming at me and I saw myself get more and more depressed over the fact that I was getting all of this attention. I never wanted this. Zico had really started to change my reputation as school and I never agreed to this. In fact I swore that I wasn’t going to go near that boy, I swore in front of Sehun that I wouldn’t and I hoped that this would help me to go back to my old self before any of this mess had happened. I wished I never shoved him. I wished he never helped me and I wished I never talked back to him. I wished that he hated me instead.

‘’I know…’’ I saw Clara looking into my direction and I knew what was happening. ‘’It’s fine, it doesn’t bother me if you talk about him’’ I said knowing they were trying to suppress a conversation about Zico. ‘’Are you sure-‘’ ‘’Yes.’’ I spoke over her and soon they began gossiping. ‘’Okay, what do we know about this guy?’’ Summer placed her hands on the table as she finally had a chance to speak. ‘’When he chooses a girl, he hadn’t failed to get her apart from…’’ Lesley looked into my way and I drew backwards a little since she seemed to blame me for something.

‘’The only thing I know is that only one girl managed to speak to him and not get rejected for approaching him.’’ Clara said and Lesley nodded towards her. ‘’Jessica’’ she said and my attention quickly focused on their conversation just in case they mistook her for someone else and gossiped about the wrong stuff.

‘’Jessica was the only one to approach him and he didn’t reject her or get irritated by her as he usually does it to any girl that shows up and talks to him, that’s mainly why no girl approaches him nowadays. They know how he’s going to react. They don’t want to be embarrassed, because usually he knows how to attract attention pretty fast from people around him.’’ Lesley said and I remained still in my shocked state of mind.

Jessica talked to him?

I would have never thought that she out of the whole school would do that, but not only that she spoke to him but she never got on Zico’s bad side. Something was definitely bugging me. It was also that she went off to party last night but I didn’t see anything like that. ‘’Whatever, I still believe Krystal has him at her little finger and she doesn’t know it’’ Lesley said and Summer laughed. Someone’s not on the same page as Lesley today…

‘’I’m sorry, did you not just hear what happened yesterday. It seemed to me like he’s got Krystal at his little finger’’ Summer said and Tess couldn’t agree any less on it, she hates him the most, how could she not? ‘’I hope that’s the last time he approaches Krystal because the next time he does that I’ll personally change who  has who at their little finger’’ I drew away from Tess as her angry side was slowly seeping out and stabbing us with darkness.

When the bell rang I breathed out as I was hoping to escape all of this, so we made our way towards our last lesson and Lesley stopped her hands into my shoulders making me halt just a few feet away from my classroom’s entrance. ‘’We may not completely understand why you’re feeling this way but I promise that it will pass by quickly. Just try not to think about it. Zico may not be worth to be thought about but keep one thing in mind. What if last night, he forgot to come to you? What if it wasn’t intentional and Sehun is making stuff up?’’ She released my shoulders and gave me a smile.

I could see that she was rooting for Zico’s side along with Clara but I could also understand her argument, I mean, there could have been a chance for Sehun to have told me the wrong things but the way he explained the situation to me… it fit with what I was feeling at that moment when I was left behind.

She was the only one to keep believing that Zico never wanted hurt me yesterday. I smiled at her slightly and nodded. ‘’I will think about it. Thank you Lesley.’’ I said. I walked into my class waving good-bye to her and I sat down and got ready for my lesson. I hoped that this weird feeling of being broken to pieces will soon disappear but to me it seemed impossible since I kept going over last night’s even over and over. Maybe part of this was because he never showed up to school, he would have definitely would have found me and bullied me with words again and I guess that I anticipated it to the point where I wanted it to happen.

The lesson went by quick since we had a test and so I packed away in silence whilst the others got out and talked the answers they put for the test. I got out into the crowded corridor and made my way towards the exit until a girl approached me and suddenly fell onto my shoulder saying that she was feeling unwell. I panicked, of course that was the first thing I did but I soon helped her walk as she said she needed to get her bag from her locker and then get to her parent’s car who was waiting outside for her. I was worried for her health and so felt glad to help her get to her parents quickly.

I tried to help her walk as much as I could and when we reached the girl’s locker she took her bag out sluggishly and without any sense of power. I grabbed hold of her bag. ‘’I’ll hold that until we get to your parents’’ I said and she smiled weakly at me for a brief moment. I stopped my tracks when I sensed another person blocking our way. I looked back and looked to see who it was.

Victoria.

‘’Quick.’’ She snapped and soon I was dragged backwards by my jacket and my bag. I tried to grasp onto anything or tried to yell but they seemed to have planned this out too well. A hand had completely sealed my mouth. The corridor was empty and even if there was someone, I wouldn’t be able to grab their attention; I was dragged out of the way too quickly.

I heard a door open as I was harshly dragged towards it, just when I they were about to shove me inside I struggled to escape and instead I hit the wall next to the door. They pressed me up against the wall harder though and my cheek smashed against the wall. I felt a hit to my back and I weakened my resistance and so I was dragged through the door and reached the inside of the maintenance room.

The smell of solvents and chemicals hit me, the amount of dust and the damp air made me sick and the dimmed light in the middle made the room feel even colder. I felt my hair being pulled out of its roots as I felt one of them kick at the back of my knees making me kneel with a hard hit onto the stony concrete floor.

V

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter