Chapter 033

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

‘’I love you…

You know… I too wanted to heal…

I fully know that Zico wasn’t a bad guy…. he did like you… or love you…. I don’t know to be honest…

It’s just that I was selfish and I’m sorry…

I wanted to protect you Krystal…

I never intended for you to get hurt…’’

 

I was drifting in and out of reality for some time, it wasn’t that I didn’t want to wake up; I couldn’t wake up as quickly as I wanted to. I kept hearing a voice fading just at the side of me, it kept going on and on but nothing really made sense. I felt my hands squeeze and I finally caught the right moment to snap out of it. My face scrunched up as soon as I was awake though, a deep pressure of pain from the back of my head had hit me.

It hurt.

Forcing my eyes open I found myself in that white room again, I was lying in bed with Sehun sitting on the edge of the bed on my right hand side. It was morning and the window had been wide open, a cold breeze ruffled through the drawn curtains and landed softly on my face.

‘’Ouch.’’  My vocal strings had awakened in a bad state.

I lifted myself slightly and I tried to sit up, a hand had softly attached itself to the back of my head, another attached itself to my back and altogether had supported me upwards. I looked at him gently handling me, just like he’d always do.

We both sat there and stared at each other for a couple of seconds before I opened my mouth. I was sure that I would at any time rush to yell at him for letting that monster knock me out last night but I sealed my lips. He no longer deserved it. I pulled the blanket off me and slowly I set my feet on the cold floor still in that dead silence. Sehun had looked down at the floor; maybe he already got my message.

Thinking that I was the one in the wrong was a mistake. He was the most stupid person on earth. He messed up. Big time.

‘’He left already.’’

I heard a soft whisper from him and my head turned just so that I could see his face. I had to bend my back lower in order to catch a glimpse of his face; he was facing the floor and had no intension of looking at me.

I looked back ahead of me and breathed out heavily with relief. It was a good thing G-Dragon had left-

‘’G-Dragon did too, but I wasn’t talking about him…’’

Almost like he’d read my mind he spoke gently once again.

‘’Zico did.’’

My eyes had remained still for some time just before I jolted out of my place. I needed to find him, there was no way Zico would have left, left where? Why would he leave? Was he okay?

‘’Look, Krystal just stop. He was going to leave anyway; in fact, he was due to leave last night. It’s already too late, I doubt anyone can find him on the face of this Earth.’’

I was on the hallway as I heard him; I reversed and walked back into Sehun’s room.

He now looked up at me and I looked down at him.

‘’I’ll give you time to explain yourself. I have spent my entire life with you and now I’ve realised it, I know nothing about you. What I do however know, is that you’re selfish and stupid. Tell me what I don’t know.’’ I stood in front of him with my arms folded.

 I was in no hurry and I had no idea why, it seemed like Zico was out of reach and I had no intention of getting home to my sister. It was of no interest to me of what she had in store to say to me, it was just as I said, I was in no hurry. I stoped to see his reasoning.

He pulled on my hand and instead made me sit next to him, he breathed in deeply.

‘’I know I did stupid things but try to understand me; I was only looking out for you. That G-Dragon did work for me but don’t worry, it’s nothing big.’’

I look up at him with a blank face, I needed to know everything. Being as simple as this in an explanation wasn’t working the cut for people with problems understanding the meaning behind ‘nothing big’. That ‘nothing big’ had to be explained and Sehun knew that too well.

He breathed in and out a couple of times more.

‘’Okay, G-Dragons and I we both once worked at the same place.’’ He said.

‘’Where…?’’ I was starting to catch onto something but then I still wasn’t crystal clear. My eyebrows were ruffled and my mouth began feeling dry, I knew nothing good was gonna come out.

‘’At the same place where Zico worked, for that underground corporation-‘’ he didn’t even get to finish up as I jerked out of my place once again. He grabbed onto me and I was forced to sit back down in the same spot.

‘’Krystal, just wait.’’ He said.

 Sehun really didn’t look like he was joking and it really scared me.

I felt in more danger than I have ever been in my life. I had trouble understanding how fast my heart picked up when I just woke up. This was so messed up.

He held onto my arms so that I wouldn’t manage to get away once more.

‘’I didn’t do any dirty work. I was told to identify targets and make sure nothing went wrong during the kidnapping; G-Dragon was also on the team…he did the kidnapping.’’

I gasped.

Was this the Sehun I knew? He avoided looking me in the eye.

‘’We were a perfect running duo Krystal; we were making the big money. We no longer work for them though; don’t worry. ‘’

‘’Is that supposed to calm me down?’’ I asked as my mind was slowly blowing to bits. I was still scared for my life.

‘’It was all thanks to G-Dragon. He was always a troublemaker and had problems with the boss so he decided to leave after his conditions weren’t met; he didn’t want to leave me there so he took me with him.’’ He said.

I started taking big breaths, was this really Sehun?

‘’It wasn’t easy dropping out of the dirty business, the boss didn’t like people turning against him and wasn’t too fond of G-Dragon either so they ended up coming after us. He had trouble finding us so he turned to the oldest trick; he tried to blackmail us to make us come back. The boss managed to get a hold of a photo of you and I knew he was serious about it. He would have had you kidnapped so I started to keep close to you, we weren’t gonna go back so the only other solution was to keep an eye on you. This is where Zico was sent out, he was after you.’’

I looked in his eyes with utter fear.

I befriended the kidnapper…

I looked down, I felt so stupid to not listen to Sehun for all of this time. He did tell me about Zico’s hidden intentions but I never knew it was this. But the story was still blurry.

‘’Why did you pay G-Dragon then? This still doesn’t make any sense.’’

He looked down with a smirk on his lips.

‘’That guy is too ruthless; he wanted to let them have you. He didn’t really care what happened to you, as long as he and I were both safe the world could burn itself out.  He only got involved because I was closely attached to you. I began to feel more human around you, I was healing Krystal. I couldn’t let that man harm you. G-Dragon cares for me as we knew each other from a young age, he knew you were a big deal to me but even then…he doesn’t do things for free. I had to pay him. ‘’ he said.

I stared into a blank space.

‘’Does that mean Zico is no longer… What did G-Dragon do to him?’’

This time Sehun began laughing out loud.

‘’He’s not dead. It’s just that he got beat up, G-Dragon had a word with him and it’s as you said…’’

 My heart skipped a beat.

‘’He got attached to you and sooner than later he began slacking off his work. He tried to break his bonds with my previous boss and things didn’t turn out too well for him either. They’re after him right now. That’s why I said that you won’t be able to find him again.’’

I squeezed his hands and was grateful to know nothing as bad happened to Zico. Sure, maybe he did deserve the beating for also being stupid but I was glad knowing he was still alive.

 I also felt a little bit of gratitude, Sehun really was here to protect me; he knew about the things occurring in the background and fought in order to keep me safe. Even now, that boss he keeps talking about could come after me; he still decided to stick by me.

‘’He’s probably joining up with his old gang. He’ll be fine. I know you too may have been attached to him but now you know that you couldn’t possibly be with such a dangerous guy.’’

I nodded. He was right, but still, deep inside I felt heartbroken. It was over.

I knew Zico was ruthless but who knew his real intentions. I would have never thought about this.

‘’I’m sorry that I dragged you into all of this. But it’s okay. You’ll be safe now.’’ He said.

I rested my head up against his shoulder.

‘’Thank you Sehun, thank you for taking care for me and… I’m sorry for everything I said to you. I really had no idea something like this was going on. It must really be hard on you.’’ I said.

He just rubbed my back and told me that it was okay.

It was scary just to think about it. It was scary to know who Sehun really was.

Sehun’s POV

It was all the same, Krystal had to go back home with a broken heart, she had to face Jessica on her own, her mother, her father and her friends. I couldn’t do anything about that side; Krystal had to be strong enough to face them on her own. I had her promise me that she’ll stop being a wimp and that she’ll be strong against everyone, she needed to learn how to stand up for herself. She needed to stop sulking about how everybody was against her and instead take over and confront them, it’s something we all learn to do.

I needed to know that she was wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter