Chapter 021

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

It took me a while. It really did, it took me a lot of time to calm down, to accept everything that had happened and to clear off any weary feeling I had. It was Sehun that helped me with that, he stood by me and helped to tend to my wounds, he freaked out when he saw how many scratches I had. But it was also Luhan who was there who made me feel better, after Sehun had taken me back to his apartment Luhan showed up an hour later and then still wondered what happened between him and Zico.

Whilst Sehun had gone to get some drinks Luhan came by my side and I brought the pillow I had closer to my chest. ‘’You should have told us sooner Krystal. Someone like you can’t deal with someone like Zico.’’ I thanked him but in the end I knew I couldn’t have ever done that. ‘’I didn’t want you to get involved or bring you trouble’’ I said.

He breathed out. ‘’Well, look where this got you’’ he said and I closed my eyes. It hurt. My whole body felt numb. And I knew he was right but I still believed in the fact that I was the only one responsible for my situation and that I should face Zico alone, I got in this and I should be able to get out. I felt Luhan’s hand caressing my shoulder softly as he had read my thoughts about the pain I was going through.

‘’Luhan, don’t get too close to her.’’ Sehun came back from the kitchen and placed down the drinks on the coffee table. ‘’And why not?’’ Luhan suddenly responded hastily. ‘’Just because I know how you always work your magic and will turn her away from me. And I can’t have Krystal hate me, she needs me.’’ he said and I listened for more information as none of this ‘magic’ was really applicable here… what the heck was he talking about?

Luhan chuckled. ‘’I may know how to work my magic yes, but I know I can’t turn this one away from you, she’s dependant on you. And I’m really starting to think the same for the other guy. He may be thinking the same thing. He could also be the same guy. He may want to be in your place. And you know it could easily happen.’’ Luhan said and I frowned only deeper.

Sehun suddenly got angry.

‘’That guy wouldn’t deserve to have Krystal’s trust. Someone like him wouldn’t be able to protect or comfort Krystal because he doesn’t know how to value her in order to protect her. He doesn’t realise the type of girl she is. She’s unbelievably dependant onto the person she trusts, and once you gain her trust you’re free to take advantage of her because she won’t stop you; she trusts you completely because she doesn’t know about having two faces, or not keeping your word. She knows that you’ll take care of her and never walk away from her.’’ Sehun paused for a second and Luhan never said anything.

Sehun started speaking again though.

‘’ And yes, I admit it; I took advantage of her trust. But it’s different to what that guy is planning for her, I don’t wish anything bad or hurtful towards Krystal. I only take advantage of the way she acts, she is very different and she makes your day when you see her discover the meaning of something or her reactions towards things she doesn’t understand, how easily she gets fooled or her truthful persona. That guy doesn’t deserve to have advantage over these things.’’ I opened my eyes and I felt the grip from Luhan’s hand on my shoulder just as Sehun stopped speaking. I looked at Sehun, he was still angry.

Sehun was pouring himself a drink. ‘’I’ve learnt through experience that if you’re not there for her and something happens to her, you will feel guilty. It’s because you know that she expects you to be there for her, that guy would never feel guilty if she was to get hurt, he wouldn’t even care. All he cares is about his needs, once he’s satisfied he’ll leave her and she will still cling on for support because even after her heart will be broken by him, she’ll still trust him.  He wouldn’t care for her the way I do.’’ Sehun looked at the floor. I don’t know why but I felt pain in Sehun’s voice, I’m sure that Luhan could feel it too.

He then spoke very slowly.

 ‘’How do you think I feel… I work so hard to keep her happy and to a level at which she can keep up with the things around her and then a guy comes around and wants to spoil your efforts. Look at her. Look at the state she’s in. It’s that guy’s fault and he doesn’t even give a . He’ll slowly break her to pieces. So don’t say that he could take my place because he can’t be the person that Krystal’s dependant on. I won’t have that.’’  Sehun placed his empty glass back down. I slowly unstuck Luhan’s hand from my shoulder. I stood up bearing through the pain from the bruises and walked towards Sehun with a limping pattern to my walk.

I wrapped my arms around him. ‘’I don’t what you were trying to say earlier but… if you’re feeling sad about something then I want you to know that I’m here for you.’’ I felt his arms slowly circle around me; at the way that he hugged me it showed that something was wrong. ‘’I just…don’t want him to take her away.’’ His voice sounded sorrowful as he still spoke to Luhan. I really didn’t know what he was referring to but I wasn’t going to go away. If he needed me to stay here then I would stay and make him feel better.

Luhan from the other side of the room had said nothing. It really was weird, it was like something was going on which I didn’t know about. ‘’Sehun, step outside for a moment.’’ Luhan got up and went to the kitchen. Sehun had reached around and made me release my arms with a soft smile. ‘’Stay here, I’ll be right back.’’ He said.

He got up and went inside the kitchen, he closed the door behind him and then I heard them starting off a discussion. I couldn’t hear what they were talking about, but it was mostly Luhan who was speaking. It didn’t take long, but Luhan came back first. Sehun hadn’t, he spent some time alone in the kitchen for some reason and I was worried. I got up and make my way towards the kitchen trying to pinpoint him in the kitchen.

I closed the door behind me. I saw him leaning against the counter looking down in deep thought and not looking any brighter than before. ‘’Are you okay?’’ I asked as I walked in front of him. I stopped in front of him and looked up in his eyes. ‘’What’s happened?’’ I asked. He reached towards my hands and held onto both as he looked back at me. ‘’Why are you so sad?’’ I asked again hoping for an answer. I may be an expert when it comes to decoding a girl’s feeling expressed but not to boys. I could have known he was sad but the reason wasn’t as apparent here.

He just looked in my eyes and smiled. ‘’I’m not. I’m happy at the movement.’’ He said and that I could hear was a sincere comment. I smiled along with him as I felt my heart ease off a little. It really hurt to see him being sad, he’s normally the one to cheer me up. It was when Luhan had appeared at the door that Sehun let go of my hands and faced the opposite way from me. Something was definitely going on, both knew about it and refused to tell me about it.

Sehun cleared his throat as he pushed himself away from the counter and walked around me. ‘’We should eat something.’’ He said.

We had dinner and at the end I helped clear up.  Luhan sent Sehun off to the living room and he helped me with the plates. ‘’Look, Krystal. I’d advise you to stay away from that Zico guy. He doesn’t prove to be the best thing and you’ve seen where it has led towards. Try not to get involved in more, Sehun’s really trying to keep you safe, I can see that but I can also see that it kills him inside when you’re taken advantage of. Just try to be careful. I don’t think he can handle the moment where he’ll find out that it’s too late to save you.’’ I tried to nod at him but I knew that was going to be hard. I seem to get in trouble without even doing anything.

Sehun allowed me to sleep in his room whilst they both slept in the living room that night. He turned off the lights after making sure that I was okay for the billionth time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter