Chapter 030

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I abruptly opened my eyes and then I sat up; I found my heart pounding hard against my chest and I had only panicked more. With trembling hands I started patting the bed; I tried to set out if I was fully awake but I only gulped in fear once again. That sure was one of the worst nightmares I’ve ever lived through. With a light head, I looked around slowly and numbly felt my heart grip tightly again. I could hear my heart pumping the blood through my ears and the sound was deafening.

Two warm hands crept on my cheeks trying to reassure me, a sudden warm collide with a tough chest followed and then a round of sobbing. I started crying. I was really unsettled by what I dreamt, it was really terrible.

‘’It’s okay.’’ A hand rubbed my back slowly and I began to be soothed. I bought my shaky hand up and gripped onto the soft shirt just next to my face.

The person holding me reached back and I freaked out at the sudden gap created from the embrace.

‘’It’s okay. I’m not going anywhere.’’ His voice really was so foreign for a second, but only for a second. The light hat from a lamp source and I found myself in that room again. ‘’Do you want to lie next to me?’’ he asked and I nodded. I dragged my body to lie down next to his and so I gripped onto the shirt he had on like my life depended on it, I was glad he never complained like he would normally do. ‘’Maybe I shouldn’t have scared you before we went to sleep.’’ He gave out a small chuckle and I hid my face in his chest.

I felt his arm come around my back and hold me even closer to him, if that was even possible. ‘’You’ve got to get used to me. But I promise I won’t do that again.’’ he stared drawing circled with his thumb.

 ‘’Surely enough you won’t. I’m never sleeping over at your house again.’’ he looked directly at me now and I avoided his eyes. ‘’ I’m sure Sehun would kill me if he knew you stayed at my house anyway.’’ he said and I knew he had a smile on his face; he didn’t seem to feel scared at all. I looked across the room with stagnant eyes.

 ‘’Krystal...’’ he called up on my name and I lifted my head slightly to look towards him. ‘’Why didn’t you tell me about your condition before? Why so late?’’ he seemed to look elsewhere whilst expecting an answer.

I placed my head back on his chest.

‘’I couldn’t find a reason to tell my bully my weakness’’ he chuckled out loud and I found it amusing too. ‘’Also, Sehun specifically told me not to tell you. He said something about you trying to use this as an excuse to get me to do things so I listened to him, all up until I actually told you about it to get you to stay away from me. I used it as an excuse.’’ I said and a round of silence filled in the gap.

‘’Why would you accept to be with me even after you told me about it?’’ he asked and I felt my hand form a coincidental fist. ‘’Two reasons. One was that, you would stop pestering me about it over and over and the second was that…’’ I could bring myself to say it. ‘’What was it?’’ he demanded softly and I looked up.

‘’It was true, what you said. I fell in love with you, all of those emotions weren’t clear to me until you’ve explained them to me. You helped me understand myself, and I trusted you with that.’’ There was a smile on my lips and a silent pause again from the other side.

‘’We should go back to sleep.’’ He said suddenly cut everything short, in a matter of seconds the light turned off and the thumb against my back slowly stopped drawing circles. I soon closed my eyes and too fell asleep.

 

Two days later.

 

Krystal’s POV

I took my jacket off as I walked steadily behind Sehun. I sat on his sofa whilst he the TV and set it on a music channel. ‘’Sehun I…’’ I stopped myself from speaking, I had realised that I wasn’t ready to continue speaking, how could I find a way to say it? He turned to me and raised his eyebrows, he had caught me speaking and I knew it was too late, if anything was of concern to Sehun, he would chase it up. ‘’You …what?’’ he asked with his eyes glistening, he knew something hadn’t been right. I my bottom lip and looked down at my hands which were on my knees, playing very nervously.

I heard the TV switch off.

He came in front of me and kneeled down in front of me. I looked up and felt myself accelerate in thought. What was I going to say?

 ‘’I…’’ couldn’t say it.

He grabbed my cold hands and asked me again. ‘’Krystal, you what?’’ he seemed to look understanding and ready to help me out but it wasn’t what he expected.

I looked into his eyes.

 ‘’I accepted to fall in love with Zico.’’

His eyebrows pinched slightly. He looked mostly confused. ‘’You..what? Wait. What?’’ he gripped tightly onto my hands and came a bit closer. ‘’Krystal, what did you just say?’’ he asked just to clear his mind again and I gulped. ‘’I said that I… I accepted to fall in love with Zico.’’ He released my hands and fell from his knees to the floor. It wasn’t a dramatic action, but instead it looked like he had lost something, something important and I hope it’s not trust.

His head swung back slightly and he looked up to the ceiling, his eyes closed once and then he faced me again. He was deep in thought, even though I could tell what he was thinking, I knew he was trying to analyse the situation from other perspectives, like he always does.

‘’Krystal, what do you mean?’’ he asked as he intertwined his hands together and placed both under his chin. ‘’Well, I realized that I like him and so… when he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend…’’ He looked at me blankly.

‘’What did you say?’’ I couldn’t believe he was this calm.

‘’I said yes.’’

‘’Just like that?’’ he asked and I shook my head. ‘’It took me a ten minutes to decide.’’ I said but I think it made things worse. He stared at me for a couple more seconds and then he bought his hands up to his face.

 ‘’What on earth were you thinking?’’ he whispered through his hands. I frowned. I knew that I liked Zico, it wasn’t a decision I felt to regret; I knew what I was doing.

He suddenly stood up.

He left to his room and then moments later I heard things being thrown around, things smash to pieces and a lot of cusses produced. I stood up after minutes of him constantly trashing things and went towards his room when it was silent. I opened the door only 20 centimetres wide because it got stuck onto something and then slowly stepped in after pushing against it. I saw him resting his back against his bed with his fists dripping of blood and heavy breathing. I stopped midway when I saw the blood but continued anyway.

I walked through the mess and sat down next to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and waited for the right moment to speak.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter