Chapter 034-final

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I pulled the front door behind me after leaving the house, screams dragged their icy tone through the door and they muffled as I finally closed the front door. I almost felt guilty. At fault for what happened. It must have been a handful of things that triggered a large unload of threats from my mother heading straight to Jessica.

My mother had found out the large separation that we had at school, that girl Victoria found a way to spread the message at school and our mother found out. She came straight home to sort things out, I couldn’t put an excuse in front of me. Jessica did all the talking, at first saying that she tried to shed me from everyone but my mother screamed the bottom of her lungs as she always tried to me to get me out of that little bubble that I was in.

I refused to comment on anything at the point that my mother had spilled Zico’s name all over the conversation. She caught onto the deal that was going on pretty soon and Jessica finally broke down. I couldn’t take in everything that was going on in that kitchen. Jessica’s crying and my mother’s yelling agitated me, pierced and carved my soul out at the same time.

I said I was going to leave for school. There was no way that Jessica was going to show up but I really didn’t care what anyone thought of me or of Jessica anymore. I had lost trust in way too many people who had been close to me and within a few moments so I retreated back into that corner again. I didn’t need anyone anymore. I stopped interacting as much.

Of course crucial details have been skipped out by Jessica in order to prevent our mother from killing her. God forbid if she ever knew what Jessica ever intended to do with me, she will be the same consistency as the Earth. I held back from saying anything, having our mother know all of these things would make our family get rockier than it already is, one daughter, aka me had already done enough to spoil everything by just surviving. Having another known mentally unstable daughter added to the tray would definitely make our mother loose her mind.

I felt cold wind swindle my hair in all directions as I walked through the chilly streets, children on their school run as usual and parents getting into cars. I enjoyed my own company for some time now, I needed some time to think for myself as I realised that I never did analyse anything, everything was set to be against me but I decided to put an end to all of this madness.

There had been countless days where Zico or Sehun had shown up to my door or found me in public places trying to trade words but I tried my best to reject the contact. The amount of lies I was fed through really disappointed me. If they both really cared for me that much then why not be honest? I stated to them my condition so it was clear that I needed honesty from the start.

I was lied to till the very end.

Telling me they’re brothers.

A hard past.

Fighting.

I really tried my best to take myself out of it but the both of them persist. I didn’t want to hear the truth. I really cannot keep up with myself and I found that every day I closed within myself and I locked yet another door and threw away the key.

At school, the only people that remained faithful were my tiny circle of friends. They accepted my decisions when at times I wanted to be alone. They supported me and accepted who I was no matter what everyone else did.

Jess was the irregular friend and chose to not listen to what I said. She’d stick to me even when I wanted to be alone as she thought Victoria would try anything. I really couldn’t believe that it had turned into all of this but I was glad the truth finally came out. No more hiding from the fact that Jessica was my sister.

During class, I focused more and over time I improved on my grades. I tried to change academically in order to take my mind off things and it worked for a while. The good news was that Zico wasn’t at school for most of the time, it was the person he became since I ignored him entirely. He did however park his car outside the gates every day and expected and hoped for me to hop in as if things turned back to normal again.

It was getting s annoying that this interaction made me hate home time. I stayed afterschool more but no matter how long, he still waited outside. Sehun was no different but he persisted less. If I ever told him to let me be, he would understand but Zico saw right through my words and chose to do whatever he wanted.

This particular day darkened up pretty quickly due to those bulky silver clouds. The tapping sound of the rain as I got to the exit doors made me shiver. It was cold and I had a broken umbrella. On top of that the thunder made the ground rumble beneath my feet.

I walked out and drop by drop I felt myself getting drenched.

He watched me with laser eyes as I got closer and closer to the gate but there was no way I was going to give in because of a little rain. A moment later and the loudest of all thunders shook the bottom of my heart. I feared for my life.

I looked past Zico as I walked through the gates and with the corner of my eyes I saw him walk aggressively behind me. I was sure that he had enough of this ignoring game and he was bound to break the safety distance for the first time in a while.

I was spun around and unlike I expected I kept my eyes open through it. There was no anger or yelling, hurtful dragging or anything of the sort. Just a frown displayed on his face and no words coming from him.

The silence scared me more than the soft murmurs of the ground.

I wasn’t going to let it all go to waste now. Seeing the little interaction I took the silent pause to escape once more and as I turned around he once again pulled me back by my arm.

I stressed out inside. I couldn’t go through any more. I cared for him too much and from a simple hurtful encounter with him, I ended up turning that hate I had for the bully into love. My mistake.

A car pulled up next to us the moment Zico was bound to utter those first few words and it was almost as if I missed his voice but another cut in.

‘’Krystal!’’

I turned my head whilst he still had his grip on my arm and I saw the same person that spilled the truth by accident.

That G-Dragon guy.

‘’Get in.’’

Sure he’s been insistent on talking to me, he stopped me in the mall the other day saying he had something important to say but I figured it was Sehun trying to get to me again. But it didn’t feel like it.

I moved out of Zico’s way and got into that car. I watched Zico’s face cast a bit of horror.

This should have been the last car that I should have entered but at least I felt less anxious, I had left the wild beast standing there.

 

 Heat pumped my way and water dripped off my hair continuously as he swerved left and right.

I turned my head towards G-Dragon as I pulled onto the seat belt; fast driving seemed to run in the blood of young people. Safety first.

‘’Look, I know a lot has happened but still they’re not as bad as you may think. The both of them care so much for you that they’d give their own skin to protect you.’’

I felt disturbed at the thought and he laughed to himself for the reaction.

‘’I don’t care. I didn’t tell them to lie to me in the way that they did. These two worked together on some horrible business trade. Any girl should be smart enough to stay away from them and from you. Besides, no matter how they feel about me, I cannot forgive the fact that I was played like a puppet.’’

He was silent at my response for a while and as the car halted at the red light he looked at me. The red light lit up the street in red as the clouds rolled in a heavy darkness.

‘’They both love you.’’

It was a dead serious statement and I stared into his eyes until green had been flashing into our faces. Time stood still for a moment and as he started driving again I looked ahead at the road, a blurry vision occupied my eyes as my breathing became difficult.

Those feelings had been well repressed but a few simple words completely messed me up.

‘’I don’t think you realise that the both of them are waiting for a response.’’ He said.

I didn’t even dare to look at him again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter