Chapter 002

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I guess there was no need for any hurry right? It’s not like ‘someone’ will actually wake up and say ‘’Oh, but where is your other daughter Krystal?’’ and look concerned. I bet they even forgot that the Jung family has two daughters. I shook my head involuntarily and made my way upstairs with the envelope hanging loosely in my hand.

Once in my room I decided to go for a quick shower and then to jump into some new clothes, I then took a look at my bags that were still on the floor by the door. I’m pretty sure they could have taken the bags with them so it’d make my job easier…

I exhaled and once again told myself to forget it, it wasn’t going to change anything if I got angry at my family for out casting me at this level and besides, they’re probably excited and forgot about my bags. I took my phone out and called my mother as it was instructed on the post-it note and waited.

‘’Sorry but the person you have called is not available, please try again later’’ The answer machine stepped in and I ended the call. ‘’No, I don’t want to leave a message’’ I nearly murmured, this happens almost every single time, I just grabbed my bags and other minuscule things and made my way downstairs. I checked all the doors, activated the alarm and locked the door after me.

If it wasn’t for things to get worse then I would have probably reached that train station, it was the rush hour and I was stuck in traffic, on the bus, crammed into a little corner for a while. When I actually got there I felt the need to say that ‘I’ve had enough, I’m going home’ but I couldn’t do that, my family must be worried for me, they’re waiting for me.

Once in the train station I asked for my train ticket and paid, that was that but the trouble now was to find the train, with so many people looking confused and walking in all directions wouldn’t bring me any luck to find my train.

I looked on the ticked and saw the details, ‘’16:25…’’ I trailed on and my eyes moved to the huge ticking clock hanging on in the middle of the train station. I had six minutes to find it. My legs started moving, I walked past many train gates but none of them seemed to match the number on my ticket and so I stopped the lady in the red silky scarf for help. I already began freaking out, this isn’t the best position for me, talking to a stranger, I always get nervous and…’’Yes?’’ the lady fixed her glasses at me and this wafted on some of her sweet candy smelling copy of sweets perfume at my face.

I breathed in once and opened my mouth. ‘’Look, I’ve got places to be, what do you want?’’ she spoke up and she looked very very unnerving all of the sudden. ‘’C-could you please show me the way to my train?’’ I asked as I felt my heart pulsating in my chest. I lifted up my ticked for her to see and she looked to my ticket and then back at me.

She exhaled. ‘’Keep walking straight ahead, take two lefts and a right, and you’ll find two train gates, go to the one on the left.’’ She said. She seemed pretty confident about this, I tried to smile and so I thanked her but I had the fear that the lady’s scowl that was on her face would get bigger. Was she really that mad? ‘’No problem’’ she said.

Five steps away and I already forgot, was it two rights and a left or two lefts and a right? I looked back at the lady who began walking slowly the other way. If I were to go and ask her again she’ll probably get mad at me and my hurry made me freak out a little so I began walking again.

Once I got there two train gates had appeared before me, I went to the one on the left and quickly managed to hop on board. I managed to find a seat and quickly sat down as the train started to move. ‘’Thank God for that lady, I made it in time.’’ I whispered and took out my water bottle.

As the train picked up speed I saw people still moving about taking their places, I looked outside the window and tried to cheer on the water droplets on the window surface to reach the other side. It surely began thundering as well and we’re not exactly compatible, I placed my headphones in and laid my head against the window, I was tired, I didn’t sleep much last night.

 

I must have fallen asleep because the landscape changed drastically; I have never gone to my grandparents’ house by train so I couldn’t orientate myself too well. It was the announcement that caught my attention that said that the first stop wasn’t going to be for about 90 miles. I panicked, this train was travelling south east and I was meant to go east. I looked at my phone. Great, no signal already, I knew this phone would do this to me like it always does.

There was nothing to do, I just realised I was to take two lefts and a right at the train station and not the other way around, I simply plopped my head down again.

At the first stop I got off, it was pouring like hell and I obviously didn’t think of getting an umbrella with me. Continuing on the bad side, this train station’s shelter didn’t help at all and the rain would simply come in waves at me.

I just sat down and let myself get soaked. I didn’t care anymore; I was bound to get wet anyway so why put in any effort. I placed my hands on my face. I was trying to make the tears go away but somehow they always ended up in my face, I really got to the point where I had too much for a day.

I took out my phone and called my mother once again as my signal magically appeared again and waited as the rain kept hitting me harshly.

Krystal’s mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter