Chapter 028

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I sat there in silence hearing stifled screams from the two outside, there would be short intervals in between the point where one wanted to fight the other and I would in more air than usual. I’d see them moving slightly on their spot in anger with lowered eyebrows, tightened lips and suspended fists by their sides. My eyes tried to analyse the situation and it wasn’t good. Zico and Sehun weren’t on any good terms but that was too late to conclude after everything that’s happened.

After some time Zico turned and looked at me through the wind screen, I drew back into my seat, yes; I was still in Zico’s car for my own safety. He turned to Sehun and then started walking back towards me. He opened the car door and reached out his hand aimed at me.

‘’Time for you to go with this jerk.’’ He joked and pulled me out of the car slowly. My legs had a little trouble to move since I was numb the whole way here from the deep freeze I experienced at the lake. Zico regarded his eyes at Sehun for a second and smirked a little through his stare, he looked back at me bent down at my level.

 ‘’Can I steal something?’’ he asked and I lifted my eyes to look at him. I was going to say no but Sehun’s voice telling Zico to hurry up cut me off. He bent down very slowly and I gulped as I knew very well that Sehun was there, Zico couldn’t kiss me here, in fact he couldn’t kiss me at all. I wanted him to leave me alone. Allowing him to kiss me wasn’t going to contribute at all to the effort. I placed my hand on his chest. ‘’I can’t let you… do that.’’ I said and looked down.

Before he got the chance to say anything, I did.

 ‘’ I had fun Zico but I can’t let you do this anymore.’’ I looked at Sehun and then turned my head back at Zico and I felt my hand slip off his chest in a weak way, it felt the need to stay there a little longer but that wasn’t an option. My thoughts were telling me different.

‘’Look, I can’t risk losing a friend like this, Sehun’s worried about me. He thinks you’re a bad influence to me and I think so too. I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me; you’ve helped me a lot. But I don’t think I’m the right person for you. I don’t fit your description and I don’t know what you really want from me. You see… I’m a bit confused. I’m confused all of the time.’’ I looked up at Zico and saw his eyebrows clenching slightly.

‘’ It’s really not my fault. I have this condition and Sehun is the only one who’s really helping me out with it. He doesn’t want you around me because I can’t seem cope with people like you. He said that you have ‘bad intentions’ but I really don’t see them. I see you as a beautiful human being, on the inside and on the outside; you showed me that even bad guys like you have a soft inside. You’ve been nice to me but I can’t do this anymore. You live a dangerous life and Sehun worries for me quite a lot and recently I learnt that I mean a lot to him. I don’t want to let him down after hearing such strong words from him. I have to end this Zico. It’s been fun. I stepped out of my bubble but I have to consider other things. I can’t risk leaving precious things behind and sacrifice because that’s not what I intend.’’ I looked back at Sehun and his frozen body language.

‘’I should probably go now.’’ I said and looked at Zico for a second and was to turn away.

‘’Hold on. You- H....What do you mean?’’ he asked as he stood in front of me to block my path. He looked more confused than I was when I found out that clouds really weren’t balls of cotton as Sehun once told me. I frowned. What was he asking?

 ‘’What do you mean by condition?’’ he asked.

‘’I have aspengers, a mild version.’’ I said. I drew my shoulder up to my neck to cover for my exposed secret and his eyebrows showed confusion.

‘’I need to go. Sehun is waiting. Thank you for all of the fun and just from now on, be careful with drinking it’s bad for your health and don’t over speed.’’ I said withholding other things I wanted to say to him and gave him a soft smile.

He was left speechless; I contoured around him and walked towards Sehun. I was going to miss him, I was starting to get used to Zico. But I couldn’t do it. After seeing how much Sehun was caring for me, I realised how much I meant for him but also, I realised that I couldn’t keep up with Zico, I had to stop it at some point.

Sehun followed me with his eyes until I reached him. He too was speechless and I figured that he must be angry.

‘’Did you just…’’ he looked at Zico who was still in the same position as when I left and then back at me.

‘’Did I just what?’’ I asked and looked at his incredulous eyes.

‘’Just so that you’d know…I tried explaining that I can’t be around him anymore.’’ I said and gripped onto the long sleeves of the hoodie on me, I wanted to know what his reaction was going to be. Nothing. He said nothing. His eyes went down at the sleeved I clutched onto and then stared at the foreign hoodie on me probably wondering how it got there.

 ‘’This isn’t mines’’ I pointed out and he nodded, a quick slanted smile started premiering on his lips in a blaze. Why? I didn’t know. Was that his reaction or… what was that?

‘’Quick, get in.’’ he reached out to open the door but I turned back towards Zico and opened my mouth as I grabbed the edging of the hoodie.

‘’He’d tell you to keep it.’’ Sehun whispered and gave me a soft shove inside the car. I kept quiet and sat down as Sehun shut the door. I adjusted to the heat once again and watched Zico turn his head slightly just to catch a glimpse of my eyes.

What was he thinking now?

I couldn’t tell. He appeared still shocked and very inert to the speech I gave him, did he think I was a bad person for taking his hoodie? Is that why seems so inert or maybe angry? What if Sehun is wrong and Zico wanted his hoodie back?

 I don’t want to be a thief.

 

Sehun’s POV

For her, leaving Zico hanging like that after telling him about her condition and why she can’t be around him anymore would probably make her feel guilty. She looks pretty guilty to me. But really we all know she will over-assess the situation and feel guilty over the hoodie on her.

Seems like on the other end, Zico finally found out the truth about her. Everything should now make sense to him, the reason why she's the way she is. 

That’s Krystal for you, instead of focusing on the taken aback guy which still hasn’t taken a single move since she left because he was hit with heavy news she focuses on being charged with the title of a thief because she didn’t ask Zico if she can keep the hoodie until she gets home.

That smile was still intact on my face, it seems like Krystal finally got my point. I was surprised to hear those words come out of a few moments ago. I bet Zico is as lost as a puppy. He doesn’t have his hands on the prise anymore because…well, she just walked away as easily as this.

 

Zico’s POV

I heard the car’s engine disappear off in the distance and I finally managed to move out of the position I was stuck in. I kicked the rock near me and let off a loud yell. Why? Just why? I had everything under control and this had to happen, I didn’t even see this coming. 

How could she pick Sehun instead? I mean I know he's... but...

My jaw clenched in anger as I opened the car door. I sat there with my head hitting the stirring wheel, a long horn produced but nothing. It felt just as empty as before Krystal showed herself to me for the first time and I didn’t know why that feeling appeared again. I wasn’t as pleased and I’m talking like that feeling will stop showing up to me forever, she was talking to me as if things really were over.

I made my way home and pulled up in the driveway of my house and slammed the door shut. I opened my house entrance door and switched on the light. Nothing. No one. Just the usual, all up until I get another girl on call but not now, my body was exploding in anger, it was the reality of a girl walking out on me that had bothered me too much to even think straight.  I went up to my room and the laptop on stand- by. I sat there with the slightest amount of control, literally felt like tearing everything up. I was angry because Krystal had just pulled the plug on me for that Sehun, like he really cares for her. And what lie is she making up about that condition? Aspengers? Does that even exist?

I stared at the desktop before getting convinced to google it. ‘’Aspengers’’ I hit enter and a whole bunch of results came up. Okay, it’s not a lie, you got away with that much. I clicked on websites and started reading and my mouth fell open. ‘Limited empathy with their peers’

It was a direct connection to all of the times when Krystal would ask me why I was making certain facial expressions and why she was so locked up inside, not able to understand me or others. I seriously felt like she was simply stupid. I went back to the screen.

‘Difficulties in social interaction’

Oh, no wonder why she hates me and doesn’t feel attracted to me like the other girls. Pretty much explains everything, why she was such an introvert when I bought her to that club or just tonight when more people were around at the lake. She’s afraid to interact and I forced her all along… I started feeling guilty for some reason and I was shocked that I was actually feeling this way.

 ‘Have a formal style of speaking that is advanced for his or her age.’

When I read that I finally understood why she was particular about things. She acts mostly like an adult, the way she speaks is too formal and she sometimes fails to understand me. I wonder how much of what I’ve said to her actually got across; she probably imagines weird things…

I closed the laptop and just lay down on my bed exhaling.

The hard to get g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter