Chapter 024

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

It was the following morning where I woke up to the call of my mother on my phone three times in a row. ‘‘Hello?’’ my raspy voice exposed and then I knew; I had a cold. I blew out some air as I dropped back on Sehun’s pillow but then cringed in pain for digging at my bruises a little. Things are just great aren’t they? 

‘’How are you Krystal?’’ my mother spun me out of my haze and I quickly replied. ‘’Okay, things are okay’’ I said and she exhaled. ‘’Sorry I had to call this early but it was the only time I got free, I just had breakfast and now I’m in the car. Well, I’m glad you’re okay, how about Jessica?’’ she asked and I quickly sat up.

OH no. I forgot she went to meet Zico instead of me and I never got  to find out if she was okay or not after the encounter, I knew him very well and how he would react but I couldn’t exactly predict what happened to Jessica.

‘’She’s okay too. You know...’’ I trailed on and she then quickly injected that she had to go as another person was on the line. ‘’Be careful, I would still be a while until I get to come back or your father so just hang on. Ask Sehun for help if you need it, he’s moved close to you. Bye sweetie I have to go.’’ She hung up and I placed my phone down on my lap. Seems like I’ve been a step forward, I already turned to Sehun.

I got a text from him after I got dressed in my uniform and he asked me to be careful on my way to school, like always. He had already gone and he’d always make sure that I’ve at least eaten something.

Later on I walked out of his apartment trying to catch an early bus for once, I knew if I caught the late bus then there wouldn’t be any more space for me and I’d be late to school.

At school I tried contacting Jessica and I got the secret thumbs up from her. I presume that everything went well yesterday since she was happy and still intact. I smiled and went to my friends who were having lunch after the long hours in class.

I sat down and appreciated the silence given off by these girls. It didn’t take long though. ‘’Aren’t you forgetting something Krystal?’’ I turned my head towards Lesley and she raised her eyebrows at me. ‘’No.’’ I lied and tucked my lips together. ‘’The dare game.’’ Clara clapped her hands together. ‘’You guys just want to watch me suffer isn’t it?’’ I asked knowing that I was going to lose again.

We all took turns at playing the game and obviously I had lost. They probably talked to each other from the start so that I’d lose.

 Lesley smiled at me.

It’s mostly her dares that scare me. ‘’I dare you to…’’ she trailed on as she thought about it really hard. ‘’I dare you to make all of us go ‘wow’ tomorrow’’ she said and I calmed down. That wasn’t so bad. I stopped for a second. ‘’Wait. What do you mean by making you go ‘wow’?’’ I asked. She shrugged as the rest had a smile on their faces. ‘’Your dare is to make us go ‘wow’ tomorrow, like shock us, if you don’t manage to…then you’ll have to another dare and  the second one will be much worse, trust me.’’ Lesley’s smile grew bigger.

I thought to myself. They’re really putting me on the spot. How can I come up something by tomorrow? The girls carried on with their discussions whilst I fell into a deep thinking mode. That continued over to the rest of the day, I really didn’t want another dare which could potentially kill me. I had to make them go ‘wow’ and- as I walked out of school I saw a girl walking by with bright red lipstick on her lips. They always encouraged me to wear make-up, so I thought of doing that only for the five minutes in the morning I would enter through the school gates, then I’d quickly take it off.

The thing  was, I never owned any make-up, my sister did and I suppose she won’t give any to me because she’ll think I was crazy so I had to ask someone to come with me and buy some. I took out my phone and dialled a phone number.

‘’Luhan, I need your help.’’ I said as I walked out of the school gates.

 

 

Luhan’s POV

‘’So what are you planning to do?’’ I asked as I walked beside her in the shopping centre. ‘’I know that Sehun would never agree to this but I swear the make-up will only going to be on my face until I get to school. I need to make my friends go ‘wow’ tomorrow as a dare and I guessed I’d wear some make-up.’’ I said and he breathed out as he looked at the shops around us.

Krystal’s POV

I waited for some sort of encouragement for my plan. ‘’Sure… but do you even know how to use make-up? I’m pretty sure that you haven’t worn any or put it on yourself before… You’re not one to wear it, is it?’’ he asked. ‘’I’ve assisted my sister putting on her make-up before. And by that I mean handing her the stuff when she told me to.’’ I said.

He laughed at me.

 ‘’You’re hopeless’’ He said. I scrunched up my lips together at him and frowned, he wasn’t helping me. ‘’But, we can make this work.’’ He said and I looked back up at him with a smile as he led the way since he knew his stuff.

We went in some shops and bought some things with a little guidance from the ladies selling there, Luhan made them talk somehow by handing over a little piece of paper and adding a couple of complimentary words towards the girl. He’d then ask her for help for his hopeless cousin and I frowned as she laughed at me.

She told me that she has a blog with little tutorials on how to apply most of the products she consulted over with me. I agreed to go on it since I was completely hopeless at this and then we left towards the cashier to pay for all of the products.

Luhan stopped on the way there. I looked at him reading something off a large square box he’d just picked up and walked away with after he was satisfied with it. ‘’What is that?’’ I asked. ‘’Oh, I thought that a hair treatment would perhaps make your friends go ‘wow’ as well. It says on it that it adds gloss to your hair and everything’’ he said and waved his hand about and I nodded at the good idea.

We paid for the products and came out of the shop. ‘’Why don’t you come over to Sehun’s apartment, I’ll help you with this, I’m half bored and have nothing to do at my place. And I got to find out more about that Zico anyway’’ he said and changed the course of my direction.

Just when I entered in Sehun’s apartment Luhan got a call. ‘’Relax, I’m at your place and I went to the mall with her, nothing dangerous for your information. She asked me to go with her to buy some things since she said you’ll be distracted from your school work.’’  I heard him say and I smiled knowing it was Sehun being worried me again.

He hung up and I told him to pass over the bag. I went to the bathroom after dropping my stuff and started applying the things with help from Luhan holding up his phone which had the tutorial going on for me in slow motion.

I was doing great with the eye shadow until he asked about Zico and then I made a mistake. I tried to avoid talking about Zico but then he insisted. I told him about my first encounter with him and he laughed. ‘’I don’t believe you, you couldn’t have shoved him’’ he said laughing. ‘’Yes, well, I did and look what it turned into.’’ He went silent and then he turned towards something.

He positioned the phone in front of me so I’d have a better view and then I saw him pick up that box again. ‘’I’ll do this, to help you save some time.’’ He offered as he got out the instruction sheet. I hesitated to agree but then he seemed too nice to refuse. I trusted him with it and then nodded, I had to do it anyway and he’d save me time so it was my benefit.

I brushed my hair for him and then I saw him preparing this ‘magic bottle’ as he called it. Whilst I tried different strategies for that make-up on my face I saw Luhan brush in the white conditioner-like paste into my hair. It smelled really nice so I couldn’t expect anything less from it. He then covered my hair with a plastic hair cap and stood back whilst looking at it. It was funny to watch him concentrate on something like that.

 ‘’It says here to leave it in for 20-25 minutes’’ he said. I nodded and thanked him for helping me. He grabbed the box and left.

I continued to apply more make-up and got used to applying it by now. I felt prepared to face tomorrow like a pro. I washed my face at the end and drew my attention towards the hair cap on my head. I knew it was probably time to wash out the treatment mixture off my hair. That’s exactly when Luhan came in. ‘’I think we went over the time a li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter