Chapter 027

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

‘’What do you make of that, Krystal?’’ I snapped in shock out of this thick daze and watched a few turn their heads at me sideways, my head and eyes retorted towards at the teacher demanding an answer from me with her eye-brows taking a bit of height onto her forehead.

‘’Err….’’ I looked down at my page trying to recapture the last 40 minutes swishing past me in this class and no, nothing came to me, I didn’t even hear her question properly. ‘’The character.’’ Her voice hinted out to me with irritancy and I gulped to moisten my vocal cords. I scanned the page again as I felt more stares build my stress on. I didn’t know what to respond or even how to respond, I completely had missed her lesson.

Just then I hear a soft whisper trying to tell me the answer, Lesley who sat next to me had brought her hand up to and had started whispering for me to say out loud. I opened my mouth and copied and pasted everything she told me.

‘’The character feels strapped in a tight metal box, he feels that way because he has no way out of the situation. He explains that his choices were unwise but he hates to acknowledge any bad decisions of his so he locks his mind away and just as always he throws away the key, symbolising his defeat against her.’’ I felt my heart pound against my chest.

‘’Interesting interpretation of the quote, I never even thought of that. Well done.’’ The teacher turned back to the bunch of quotes on the board once again and smiled. She turned to someone else and carried on. I breathed out and turned to Lesley. ‘’I can’t thank you enough’’ I said and she just smiled. ‘’My pleasure to explain the future situation to everyone’’ she said as she looked straight ahead.

It took me a full minute to analyse what she just said and I still didn’t get it.

‘’What do you mean?’’ I asked with my eyebrows sliding in together and she cracked another smile. ‘’I don’t know. What do you think I meant?’’ she said really cheekily and I drew back. I picked up my shoulders and dropped them back down. She laughed silently at me and looked down at her purple and pink stripy pencil with pink fluff at the top. She picked it up and started drawing something. A heart. No wait, its crippled and cut in half straight through the middle with sharply-looking like edges. I stopped to look up at her. What is she doing? I know she’s good at drawing but I need an explanation for her answer just now.

I looked back on the paper and it was a boy drawn on there holding onto the heart very tightly, and there was a door opening his chest, he looked like he took out his own heart from inside of his chest and looked reluctant to stretch it out. Opposite of him was a girl holding onto a key with both of her hands. The girl looked down at the key in amazement. That’s when she stopped. ‘’She looks pretty confused huh?’’ Lesley hinted at the drawn girl and I went ‘yeah’ agreeing to her.

Wait. But she still didn’t tell mean what she meant by ‘future situation’?

I don’t know why but she laughed at me for the rest of the lesson and I was annoyed at this, now I had two unanswered questions. ‘’Here, you should hold on to this.’’ She handed me the sketch and my hand gripped onto the paper. ‘’Why?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Maybe it won’t take you a life time to figure it out’’ she whispered and walked off’’ I scrunched up my eyebrows further on and stared at the paper for longer but heard her yell after me to hurry up. What does this have to do with the explanation for the quote? And what is there to figure out? I breathed out in defeat and looked up.

I walked and after I still couldn’t figure it out I placed the paper in my bag hearing it crippling in the process.

As we both came out we saw the rest of our friends wait for us whilst passing a bottle of Fanta around. I stopped and looked at the floor. ‘’Is anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?’’ I heard Clara ask. ‘’I need to get my nails sorted so yeah’’ Summer reasoned and Clara sighed. ‘’That’s why I’m coming over’’ she smiled and we all knew that they were going to talk about clothes and boys over a box of pizza and chocolate. These girls love gossiping.

‘’Well, I’m gonna go shopping’’ Lesley said. Tess was the only one who didn’t say anything. We all knew she had judo practice every Saturday and none of us wanted to hear about it. I was quiet as well; I needed to find a way to apologise to Sehun. I think I ran my mouth more than I should have and I knew I let him down even though he seemed to have forgiven me.  So I might pay him a visit.

‘’Can I have my hat now?’’ I asked for the hundredth time today as one of them stole it so that I wouldn’t hide my hair again. Clara gave it back to me and I smiled putting it back on. ‘’How about you?’’ Lesley asked turning around and her smile dropped upon seeing that hat back on my head.

‘’I need to catch up with homework’’ I said and all of them sighed.

‘’Someone needs to kidnap her each weekend’’ Summer said and they all laughed. ‘’Very funny. I have to go now’’ I turned to my right trying to skip this conversation and began to take my steps towards the exit. It was Friday and I hated taking my time, the chocolate muffins would run out every time at my favourite bakery. ‘’See you guys’’ I waved and increased my pace out of the school building and then down the road. Less and less students were now around me as I hurried towards the bakery and I was feeling better and better.

I looked through the window and my good mood decreased right in that second. I stomped my foot on the ground and walked off once seeing the empty tray on the right hand side. ‘’No muffins for me today’’ I murmured and walked straight ahead. What was I meant to buy Sehun to make it up to him now?

I grabbed onto the straps of my bag and tortured each leaf I found on my way, it wasn’t that I was still mad but I loved to hear that crisp cracking sound of the golden brown leaves break under my feet. I stopped my tracks as a car was coming out of this road into this junction but I looked at the driver since he wasn’t moving anywhere and with many missed opportunities to get going into the main road I got a little impatient.

I looked him in the eye and wished I hadn’t done so.

I took in a deep breath and shifted my body onto my left; I tensed my muscles and then started running onto my right with all my might. I went down that road even though I never went through here before but I didn’t care, that maniac was running after me. ‘’Krystal, you always know how this is gonna end.’’ I heard him shout after me and I let out a soft squeal and felt my direction tremble a little as his voice was closer than expected. This was when I realised how unfit I really was.

I turned and I felt his hand wrap around my arm, slowly turning me 180 degrees on the spot I felt my breath slip out of my lungs at high speed. ‘’Ouch’’ I huffed excess of air and tried to regain my posture. ‘’Why do you always run away from me?’’ he asked and I looked up. ‘’Because, I don’t like you! And I made that clear to you!’’ I screamed at him and he tilted his head at me.

 I went quiet.

‘’Is that why you kissed me when I was sleeping?’’ he asked and bit onto the right hand side of his bottom lip. I felt redness seep onto my cheeks. ‘’You weren’t sleeping.’’ I said and he chuckled. ‘’Fair enough. But you still did it. Now let’s get back to my car.’’ Zico dragged me to his car with a fully thought out protest speech given from me. After I was sat in the passenger seat he came into the driver’s seat and huffed out some air. ‘’Just trouble’’ he mumbled and I looked at him weirdly. If I’m trouble why does he still deal with me?

‘’Look, about what happened. I wasn’t meant to be in your house or sleeping where I was sleeping and no, I didn’t mean to kiss you. I don’t even understand what happened. All I came for that night, was to tell you to leave me alone’’ I said and watched him lean in and drag my seatbelt outwards and plucking in in. ‘’And I gave you my answer, didn’t I?’’ He was still inches away and I hadn’t said anything. His eyes shifted to my lips. ‘’Or should I respond again? Maybe you’ll get it this time?’’ I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away. I turned my face the other way and strapped both my hands on top of my face.

I heard him laugh.

‘’Good, we’re both clear then. I get what I want, you don’t.’’ he said and I felt the car move. It wasn’t fair. He was playing tricks on me and it was annoying. All I wanted was for him to leave me alone, it’s just all turning the opposite way…

His phone suddenly started ringing and he picked up. I feared for my life as he was speaking on the phone and driving because clearly he knew nothing about speed limits so having no direct attention to driving my voice ran off. ‘’That’s illegal’’ I said. He gave me a look and then a second later he turned back to his business and hung up. As he stopped at the traffic lights he turned to me. ‘’I don’t understand why you aren’t enjoying my attention, this should really feel like the best day of your life.’’ He said as he placed his phone in his pocket.

‘’Maybe it’s because… I don’t want your attention.’’ I said and he suddenly caught on a smile on his face as he saw something behind me. I shook as the window slid downwards and loud music filled my ears from the cars next to us.

I looked and to no surprise it was his friend and others… which I haven’t seen before. How typical, this just had to happen to me today. ‘’Where to?’’ one of them asked and Zico looked at me with wild wondering eyes.

‘’I want to go home’’ I mouthed to him very clearly. ‘’Nowhere in particular, we’ll just follow you guys.’’ I felt my jaw drop onto my lap. Is he half brain equipped for today? ‘’No need, we’re racing for the lake, winner gets to decide the first dips.’’ I heard a very enthusiastic person in the car behind us. Great. Were completely surrounded by idiots.  It was probably the best time to get out of here and run as fast as my legs could take me.

The lights turned green and Zico turned towards the road. ‘’We’re on!’’ Zico screamed and launched the car forwards. I grabbed onto my chest. ‘’Zico, no!’’ I screamed as he shifted gears. ‘’I want to go home’’ I said once again but the ignorance was way too great.

‘’I can bribe you for five minutes, can’t I?’’ he said and I frowned. Bribe? What does he mean? He reached in the back with a scream following from the back on my throat, he was driving and he takes his eyes completely off the road. I sat up and tensed my fists harder. He got a brown paper bag which I completely recognised and screamed louder seeing what was inside. ‘’Chocolate muffins!’’ I reached in and took a bite and a wave of warmth hit me. These muffins surely had magic dust and rainbows hidden in them, they melted in your mouth.

‘’Best thing that happened to me today.’’ I said whilst biting into my second muffin. ‘’For each mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter