Chapter 003

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I glanced at him sideways. My body was still shivering but the car was pumping in warm air and it was the point where I had to get used to my cheeks burning up; I never liked that. ‘’Why didn't you tell me before, I could have come to pick you up’’ Sehun spoke as he accelerated, the raindrops hitting the windscreen had started tapping even more now and they were louder. ‘’I didn’t think about it, I didn't want to bother you anyway.’’ I said and looked onto my lap.

I’m pretty sure he’d be too busy with getting praised by all of the people at the party for being a smart and a well-mannered boy. He did change in all of this time; he decided to get everything into place to stop people from misjudging him over his other perfect and smart brother Luhan.

Sehun began to do better in school and instead of pulling pranks and getting in trouble all of the time he decided to stop and act appropriate. Obviously I was shocked but with time I began to get used to it, he still acted the same with me though at any time someone will be in contact with him whilst I was around I’d notice that he’d put on a fake side of Sehun, the side that would give people the good type of impression. I knew that he hides his true self from other people, he told me that I was the only one he's comfortable to be himself around with.

He thinks that our family situations are similar, me and my condition and him and his brother; his family always looked down on him for being the opposite end of Luhan and since the day he changed his family started to accept him but Luhan doesn’t appreciate it too much, he said that they should have accepted him a long time ago and not when he became the person his family wanted him to be.

 He always thought that we bonded well as we told each other our problems in our families and since we got to know the truth behind each other he kept in touch and comforted each other whenever we needed to over the phone. It was mostly him comforting me; I was always the one to break down more easily and so only found him easier to talk to because he understood me. He was always there.

I looked at how much he changed physically, he was taller, you couldn’t really miss that, his hair is no longer in dangerous spikes and we don’t see any tangy touched rocky outfit, instead, a suit. He did look like a spoiled and hard headed rich boy but in the inside he really was the opposite.

I on the other side haven’t changed, still the naïve and clueless Krystal that really isn’t really crystal about anything being said or done by other people, the only thing changed about me appearance wise is the length of my body.

The hoodie he had on the backseat surely started to take effect now, I wasn’t shivering anymore but the water kept dropping off of my hair every single time I breathed.

His hand reached towards me and captured mines, he squeezed tightly. ‘’You’re still cold.’’ he stated and exhaled. ‘’No, I’m fine’’ I said. He suddenly let out a loud breath of air.

 ‘’Stop making it sound like you’re okay and that you don’t need anything.'' He stopped speaking as he angrily took a look at me. ''Stop trying not to sound like a pest, you’re human. Just tell me if anything is wrong or if you still feel cold, no one’s going to kill you’’ he released my hand and gripped onto the stirring wheel.

I didn’t say anything after that, he seemed angry, well, everyone seems angry and impatient at me or at my answers. ‘’Sorry’’ I said. ‘’Don’t say sorry Krystal, you deserve better, stop downgrading yourself like this.’’ He breathed out and looked at me again. ‘’Sorry’’ I said again. ‘’Stop saying sorry’’ he said in a monotone voice. I looked down at my lap again.

It sure took long to get there and I felt sorry for Sehun, he had to make this trip twice. When he parked the car he quickly got out, in a matter of seconds he was by my side and opened my car door before I did. ‘’Thank you’’ I said and looked up at him.

We both walked the long way to the front door and through expensive cars with no words spoken. I could feel the clothes underneath the hoodie stick against my skin but wet and sticky I kept walking and I hadn’t uttered a single word of discomfort. As he opened the door a sweet and indulging smell of freshly baked cakes and food hit us both. Our grandparents sure like to spoil us all.

He shed me from everyone’s view as we snuck upstairs to the rooms and I once again protested against him holding my bags, he just won’t let go of them. Once we got to my room he left my bags on the floor. ‘’I’m giving you ten minutes’’ he said. ‘’For what?’’ I asked and squeezed my eyebrows together. He smiled. ‘’To get ready.’’ He said and looked at me lucidly.

An ‘’Oh’’ came out of my mouth and that made him chuckle whilst he was on his way out. ‘’See yah’’ he said and the door simply shut. I looked around to capture myself again and I thought of ignoring Sehun's plan of getting me to go downstairs to face the family but then I knew I'd make him mad so I carried on.

 I went in for a hot shower and that was just all I needed after the ice age I experienced earlier at the train station. When I came out I noticed that there was no towel. It was a moment of panic. I didn’t have one either. A knock on my door made me look up just as I was buttoning up the buttons from an oversized sleeping shirt of mines.

‘’Krystal, I know you don’t have a towel.’’’ Sehun’s voice seeped through the door, it sounded as cheeky as ever though. My eyes widened.

‘’Here, I left it on the door knob’’ His voice was distant.

After I got ready with a blush slowly wearing off of my cheeks I opened the door and to see him resting against the wall in the hallway. ‘’Oh, you’re here.’’ I said with a quiet voice. ‘’Listen, thank you for-‘’ he didn’t even listen to me instead he grabbed my arm.

‘’We have to go downstairs if you still want to catch any of the party.’’ He turned his head towards me slightly as we walked. ‘’Catch it?’’ I questioned with a serious frown on my face, why would the party run away in the first place? ‘’No, not physically catching it…’’ he stop He carried on moments later and soon we reached the bottom of the stairs.

As the rain had stopped long ago the people dispersed outside in the balconies and in the garden, this was a mansion after all. As Sehun was a distant cousin he didn’t really have a strong connection to my grandparents but knew that I did and so he took me to them first.

When I walked past my parents they didn’t even notice me, they were too absorbed in the moment. I kept close to Sehun, but I wouldn’t even put it as that, he was the one keeping me close to him and I felt weird, I'm not used to so much attention at home.

‘’Oh, my lovely granddaughter’’ my grandmother said as she laid eyes on me. The people around her started to leave as she found a new target on lock and so us three were the only ones left in a close circle. ‘’You’ve grown so much’’ She praised me but soon stopped as she saw my hair. ‘’Why is your hair wet dear?’’ She said twirling a strand around her fingers and then letting it go. ‘’Long story’’ Sehun said cutting in; he knew I must have felt bad talking about it, it was my parents’ fault and I’m not one to blame anyone.

‘’Well, I hope you enjoy yourselves, there’s grandmothers secret recipe cake and other sweet goods on the table, just help yourselves, I have to rush to the new guests’’ she said leaving in just a second. I stepped backwards just to make sure I wasn’t in people's way and admired the view of everybody else.

 People did grow older, wrinkles are starting to show in some but others had them neatly tucked away with Botox and plastic surgery, mostly in women. All of them were dressed classy, the most expensive designer dresses and suits were floating around, all 'dress to impress'. I on the other side was in a pair of black jeans and a white t-shirt.

I made eye contact with Jessica just across the living room and her eyes widened in secret at me. She turned back to her friends and excused herself. In a few seconds she made her way over. ‘’What on earth happened to you? And where is the outfit I prepared for you?’’ sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter