Chapter 015

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

 

 Twenty-three…twenty-four…twenty-five. Twenty-five. I could count twenty-five people in front of me, the ones in my cell and in the cell following ours which was visible from my point of view through the cold metal bars.

 You know, it’s not as you’d expect it to be, the atmosphere in the cells in a police station was way more intense than the atmosphere you know of in the movies. When you actually feel it on your own skin, being here, you will know what it actually feels like to be locked up, it’s a unique feeling; it almost drags you to the thought that you’ll be stuck here forever. But I tried not to think about it and pulled my body closer to Zico’s to get some cold comfort. Yes, cold. This guy thinks I’m perfectly fine being here but in reality I’m scared out of my wits.  And the worst part was that I couldn’t even tell him that I was scared, everyone will look at me.

Everybody could be a psycho in here so you’d never know what to expect from the people around you, they could have killed someone or at least be the one to mug you on the street at night when you’re alone; you were absolutely clueless to their reason to be here. You were thrown in a cage filled with a sea of tigers and you happened to be the cage keeper, locked inside out and fully aware that the key to get out of there was all the way behind the tigers.  

 I on the other hand was here for no apparent reason, I really have done nothing wrong, they just said that I ‘was involved in the fight’. Yeah right I have! I was stuck in it and couldn’t get out if that’s what you mean! I can’t bring myself to kill the spider sitting in the top corner of my room and you think that I was there to fight with a bunch of hooligans and my bully all together? You have to be kidding me…

That had angered me more than it should have, but it didn’t matter because I suddenly had caught the courage to hit someone for the first time in my life.

For example, I feel like beating the guy sitting next to me to a pulp. He was the one responsible for all of this and he doesn’t even think this was a big thing, being locked up. ‘’It’s just an overnight thing’’ he said and waved it off like he’s been through this before. I sat there and trembled till I couldn’t tremble no more. I’ve never been in trouble at school in my life and the next day I sit in a police station waiting for someone to bail me out. Man, I hope this day won’t get any worse.

I feared for my life for the least, I mean there are other things greater than that which I feared more about, like my mother, she’ll probably get fuming mad at me for bringing more shame to the family and for bringing everybody down again. I feared the moment for when she was going to find out, I feared the fact that I would get grounded and explain myself. And I feared that I have to tell Sehun about this, he’ll be the one to drive all the way here and make me explain everything from top to bottom. I feared all of that.

I tucked my fingertips inside my palms on both hands and crossed my ankles around each other without making a sound. Constant murmured conversations around us were echoed into the walls of the building and it only made me feel more self-conscious. It brought me more desperation. I wanted to be out of here so bad, I was feeling more panic than usual and that was worrying me. I mean, how long was I going to keep up with this?

A fight had broken out in our cell about a second later from when I lifted my head up and I clung onto Zico through his jacket with a tight grip. ‘’It’s okay’’ he said wrapping an arm around me and sheading me away from the fight. I already had enough and found myself sobbing against his chest. I wanted to go home. I couldn’t get much comfort even though he hugged me close, it was making it worse for me, hearing another heartbeat other than mines, and it brought more distress. It bought more distress because it was also beating as fast as mines, it was worrying me. Why was he scared?

Some guards separated the two drunken older men and took them outside the cell whilst trying to calm down any other people running their mouths at them. It was a chance to create chaos and I was glad the guards had kept them under control. Zico’s arm disappeared from around me and I knew I had to retreat again. I knew he wasn’t one to provide the full comfort like Sehun would, Zico seemed more rejectful of me and he seemed more unable to deliver that comfort as he didn’t know how to react. He was a bully after all, he wasn’t there to comfort me but to bring terror.

A person stood up and walked over to the gate disguising itself in metal bars at the front of cell; he rested his arms on it and looked outside from side to side whilst whistling. ‘’He’s been here for a few days, no one bailed him out’’ I heard someone whisper to the person sitting next to him somewhere in the back.

I lifted my head up once I had rubbed my eyes off the smudged tears and looked around to be aware of the people around me once again. A person looking very agitated and with glassy red-shot eyes stood opposite of me twisting his fingers in a rotary motion. Drug addict. That’s what came to my mind. I looked next to me and up at Zico to see if he was as scared as I was and no mutual feeling was shown. In fact he seemed comfortable enough to yawn. I looked back down and wished for this nightmare to end soon. It was too much.

‘’If you’re feeling bored, then why won’t you come on over. We’ll give you a good time.’’ Zico’s head looked in the direction of the female’s voice. My heart had been electrocuted twice in a row. I didn’t want Zico to leave my side, I was stable and in my right mind at the moment for the sole reason of him being by my side and with the promise that he was going to protect me.

An invitation like that coming from a female would only lure him in. I know that Lesley once told me something similar to this situation, it was in a supermarket when she saw Zico get a similar invitation. There was nothing to stop him here was there?

I closed my eyes and my lap had disappeared out of my vision slowly. ‘’I’m fine with sitting here. This girl is too amusing to leave unwatched.’’ He responded and I hear the movement of more heads turn this way along with a silent gasp of the girl that proposed the idea in the first place. I opened my eyes in shock of his responce and happened to look around. Almost everyone’s attention was on me. Great. This was all that I needed now, to be stared at until I fainted from too much anxiety.

‘’So this was what you were too busy doing huh?’’ A deep voice from the back had suddenly woken up, well, it sounded like it woke up to Zico’s voice.

Does he know him or…is he perhaps a person to fight with Zico?

I looked at Zico to see his reaction but I couldn’t get anything concrete from him, he wasn’t showing me anything. He looked just as relaxed as before, I know that if somebody had called upon me for answers in a jail cell then I would have died in an instant.

The guy had stood up from the back and walked towards us in a relaxed pace. From the way he was dressed and the way he presented himself so far seems like he was on an equal page as Zico. He sat down opposite us with his legs spread apart like he had no care in the world; the way his hair was on show was pretty much just as self-explanatory as Zico’s, his attire was no different and the lucid eyes he had were almost too dangerous to look into. This guy was going to have a bad boy personality; I just knew it when I saw him, and let’s not forget that we were all in a police station under arrest.

Perhaps another bully.

It had just occurred to me, do all bullies nowadays seem good looking or am I over judging? I know that Zico was a bad person but he didn’t look like he was one of those freckled-faced-fat-bullies who couldn’t jog around his prey for his lunch money, he was a well worked out body of perfection… I mentally slapped a hand over my mouth. I shouldn’t be thinking about these things. Zico, you bully, look what you made me do! I need to separate myself from him from now on, he’s a big influence over my life already and I shouldn’t let it take over.

I looked at Zico once I heard him speak. ‘’Yes, why? Are you jealous?’’ I saw a vivid smirk on his face showily constructing as he stared at the guy who sat opposite us just a few seconds ago.

‘’No. Jealous because of her?’’ the guy across us chuckled over his words as he gave me a pitiful look and I gave a head start for my eyebrows to start frowning.

 ‘’No, not because of her; are you jealous for the fact that you don’t have a girlfriend to spend your time on?’’ Zico said as he slipped his arm around me again. This felt different, he wasn’t comforting me, he was using me. ‘’I’m not you girlfriend’’ I said and grabbed his arm off of me with a little more force than I normally work with. I realised I angry because I was used, it wasn’t a nice feeling and I knew that I shouldn’t let it happen, even Sehun had told me not to let others use me.

I was angry because he got me in this mess and now he’s feeding lies out about me? I won’t allow him to mess around with me anymore. I hit him on the shoulder when he tried to wrap his arm around me again. I pointed at him and spoke again. ‘’Look, it’s your fault that I’m here and I don’t care what you claim now but I don’t want to see you ever again after this. You should be ashamed of yourself for getting me locked up like this, I know you only tried to protect me but this is ridiculous, look what it led to.’’ I turned away from him breathing heavily.

I folded my hands together and once again felt a strain on the left shoulder. When he pushed me up against that fence I landed on my shoulder and I’m sure it left a bruise. None of this would have happened if he didn’t feel tough enough to have a random fight with those guys across the street.

‘’They were eyeing you, how could I not have a go at them. They had no right.’’ Zico turned to me to continue the fight that I apparently started. The new guy suddenly went by unnoticed by us as we carried on arguing. I don’t even know why Zico was arguing anyway. It was his fault so he had no say in this; that’s the way I saw it, he should feel apologetic not feel in the mood to argue.

 ‘’That doesn’t mean you should fight with them. Look what you did to my shoulder’’ I said pointing to it. He smiled as he looked into my eyes. ‘’That was so you won’t get hurt.’’ He said. ‘’That’s very smart. So you decided to hurt me yoursel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter