Chapter 004

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I woke up with a really painful neck pain, yes, that’s the outcome of getting home by car at night time whilst sleeping with your neck twisted. I really hated it but it was time to go school again, on Monday and with a very big headache.

 The ‘family reunion’ wasn’t as bad as last time, or as I expected it to be. Sehun kept me company at all times and in the activities that were going on, like the golf competition that was made to be on ‘grandpa’s rules’. Obviously the rules were made to advantage the old (or maybe just my grandpa) but despite that the other team won. I didn’t do much to be honest, Sehun took all of my shots in golf after I attempted a fail and nearly killed someone so that was that.

Of course, I received my round of stares from unknown people but the most unexpected one actually came up to me. Mr Yang. Yes, the 42 year old successful business man that outran the whole family with an overturn of 27 million on his electronics company, well, that was that but we all forgot to notice that he had a few shopping malls up and running because his wife was all around telling every little soul with a very strident smile and weird postures how successful they were. Anyway, the man that only speaks to the worthy and the important spoke to me.

It was my fault to be honest.

All I said was…

Flashback

I remember Mr Yang talking to a group of men just a few yards away from me and Sehun’s mini enjoyment of the impeccable white swans on the lake, maybe I was enjoying the swans, Sehun just stared at me. I remember that he mentioned the name of the company that made my phone and I immediately turned to Sehun in response to that.

‘’That’s the exact phone I have!’’ I exclaimed. Sehun looked behind me as something has caught his attention but that didn’t matter, I felt almost angry in a matter of seconds because that phone gave me a nightmare. ‘’ It was the worst phone ever though, it lost signal for most of the time and when I was out in the rain the water kept going on the phone and it suddenly switched off… and it was supposed to be a waterproof phone as well’’ I brought my hand up to my chin to think about it, was this phone really that bad?

‘’Do you think if I would contact like, the company manager or something so I could talk some sense into him and tell him to stop selling cheap and crappy sort of phones at the price of an IPhone? It really made me mad because I bought it out of my own money and it really did not do its job in any way possible.’’ I said and looked up at Sehun.

‘’Oh, sorry was I talking too much?’’ I asked and started to panic. He shook his head but a slow smile was quickly spreading across his lips. That wasn’t good, he only smiles or in rare cases laughs if I said something really extreme or that is apparently ’funny’ or ‘cute’ to him. He started talking in a whispering manner and made the least effort to move his lips apart so I couldn’t actually fully understand what he was saying.

‘’The guy who is the CEO of that company right, he’s here.’’ he said. My eyes widened, I would definitely like to speak to him, it was almost his fault that I could have been left stranded on a train station in the middle of nowhere on Friday evening. ‘’He’s here? Where? I’d like to-‘’ I said just to find out who it was but Sehun managed to slip a few quiet words as he only captured my arm, but I fully turned and only heard his words afterwards.

‘’He’s right behind you.’’

I came face to face with him. The CEO himself.

‘’I heard you’d like to make a complaint?’’ He said with a smile attached to his face, he seemed to be in a nervous state to me but he surely didn’t show it. Everyone else was staring this way and they were silent, only the swans paddling softly down the lake were the only clear thing I heard. ‘’I’ll give you my colleague’s number and he can sort you out, and free of charge of course, we’re family right?’’ he said as he shoved his hand into his right trouser just like an ordinary boss would do. Effortlessly.

 This guy was sounding like he was buying me off here, and in front of everyone, it was like he was trying to take the shame away with an act of kindness free of charge that included the whole range of products.

‘’Why are you using an IPhone if you have your own self-made or designed products which are pretty expensive? I assume expensive means quality; do you not think your products are of high quality? I mean, why wouldn’t you use your own products?’’  I questioned as I took notice of his phone.

I could swear that Mr Yang froze on the spot and that it really got to the point where I could hear Sehun’s phase three, maybe phase four on a ranking for how far he took his silent laughter. It really sounded like he heard the funniest joke on the planet but I was serious, I would seriously use my own products if I’ve made them, why on earth would I spend money on other make products, that’s just selling yourself and telling yourself you aren’t good.

‘’Look, Mr Yang, I really don’t know how you’ve got your products sold across the country but I’m certain that it isn’t by advertising yourself around to people using IPhone’s. I would understand otherwise but please don’t bother by sorting me out, I wouldn’t like to use your products again and besides, you’re now telling me to use the IPhone brand instead, so I guess…thank you for making out what phone I should get next clear. But I’d rather watch the swans for now.’’ I said and smiled at him, I turned to catch the wonderful view of the swans grouping together as the woman in her twenties fed them. ‘’They’re so cute, aren’t they?’’ I asked in content and looked at Sehun. But he was nowhere to be found, it was only muffled sounds coming from the ground. I looked down.

‘’Sehun why are you rolling on the ground? Why are you laughing?’’ I asked.

End of Flashback

I just started making my way downstairs as normal and I remembered to straighten my school skirt so that my mother wouldn’t tell me to. As I entered the kitchen I heard Jessica walking behind me. ‘’Good morning’’ we both said as we sat down and I was in shock. Both of our parents were present at breakfast?

My father had just finished typing something on his phone and my mother sat down as she retrieved the toast. Our parents liked silent mornings but this one was certainly strange. It went something like this.

‘’Look, Krystal about what happened on Sunday-‘’ my mother didn’t even get to finish her sentence because my father began laughing. I looked at my father and he certainly tried to stop as my mother glared at him but he couldn’t he only began laughing harder.

‘’Krystal’’ My mother made me focus on her again and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter