Chapter 032

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

‘’Thank you for coming with me…’’

 I really did not know what to say to him. I know that I must have made him angry but I couldn’t do anything to take it back what I said. I watched him leave with Luhan and waved slightly until the car was out of sight. I knew Sehun was nice when he offered to go up with me but I insisted that I was okay, I had an elevator anyway; I just couldn’t bear to see him so sad for longer than I already have.

I grabbed my suitcase handle and dragged it after me at a safe distance from the back of my heels. I entered through my apartment block and I got in the elevator. I turned about and pressed the 8th floor button.  My head rested against the black elevator wall as I waited; I had wished I hadn’t said anything about Zico to Sehun back in that elevator.

The doors opened and I walked out. I must have taken long because I felt a tug at my suitcase, I turned around only to see the doors close on the suitcase, it took me a few heart dropping seconds to pull it back out. I straightened my coat and began walking again, I knew that at this point I was tired, psychologically pained and on the verge of crying for making the one who cared me feel dejected.

I came inside my apartment and strangely enough I came face to face with a pitch black and dead silent apartment. I knew that the match at school should have finished long ago and that Jessica was supposed to be at home. I closed the door behind me, locked it and walked ahead. She isn’t expecting me until close to midnight as I told her I’ll spend the entire Sunday so maybe she thought to stay out instead of being in here alone.

I began unpacking in my room until I found a shopping bag full of clothes and cute jewellery I bought for Jessica. I thought to surprise her so I took the bag and headed for her room. I opened Jessica’s bedroom and the sweet smell of her candy perfume filled my senses. I placed the large thick paper bag on her bed, she would probably scream when she sees it on the way back. I smiled to myself. I headed for the exit when I heard rattling at the front entrance; my heart skipped with joy knowing she was back.

My body came out halfway from her bedroom as I peered along the hallway, my hands behind my back and a smile on my lips ready to shout that ‘I’m already home’. I heard the door slam open and Jessica’s voice came in slightly muffled into a short ticklish laughter. It was still pitch black and I was aware that someone was with her; my smile fell quickly and my mid became distorted. My hands untied from my back and now I was fully standing outside her room with no idea of what to do.

It was when the light from the corridor had helped me realise that that person with her was a guy, he had pinned her against the wall just opposite the hook support. He was trying to shut door with one hand and became agitated when he couldn’t do it, a grunt was given out. He suddenly pried his face away from Jessica’s neck and in that second I felt a gush of air enter my lungs all at once.

‘’Z…’’ My voice dried out and refused to speak anymore.

Tears were flooding my eyes very quickly, once the door had been shut violently the tears dropped onto my cheeks and followed down towards my chin; these tears really felt different.

Violent movements knocked a few things off to the ground; I could hear their breaths increasing from where I was.

‘’This way…’’ Jessica’s broken voice echoed and I realised that I needed to get out of the way.

With my legs trembling I tried to move out of place, I had tripped on the carpet in the process and just as quick my arms pulled onto Jessica’s bedroom door for support. My other hand covered my mouth, I was trying to cover any whimpering sounds as I quickly made a dash for my room and shut the door; my head lay back on the door in hope that none of them saw me. I walked further down in my room after switching off the light; I had no idea what to do. I felt my hands shake as the sounds down the hall came closer and closer. 

‘’Why is this happening?’’

I whispered to myself as I gripped tightly to my chest. I heard a bang on my bedroom door and my heart dropped even more. I walked backwards until my back had hit the wardrobe, then the door opened.

I knew that my heart had already broken in my places, it hurt. I knew I could be in this place any longer. Just before the two would have entered, I moved away from the closet and walked silently behind the door so that I would not be seen. My mouth parted open as the sound of kisses and pants entered the room, my eyes had been closed and my head had rested against the door until the two passed by. Only when I heard the sound a shirt thrown on the ground I walked out with heavy steps and forcefully shut the door behind me.

That was the only time when I felt the feeling of anger growing in my hand is it did then.

 

 

If anyone would describe me crying, then they’d be no accurate than Sehun would describe it: ‘’You never really cry silently, you sound like you’re in pain from an open wound and your tears are like a waterfall. I always hate to see you cry. It makes me cry. It’s that real and heart-breaking.’’

I clenched my fists as I heard the rushed sound of someone move frantically back in my room. By the time the bedroom door had opened up I had my coat wrapped up around my head and my shoes in my hands.

‘’No wait. She’s just my sister.’’

Jessica’s voice was trapped inside the apartment as I shut the front door behind me with force. This time I could hear Zico’s voice very close on the other side of the door. I held onto the door handle for my life, I could not face him at the moment. My feet had been pushing on the wall and my head was drawn back from all of the pulling on the door handle. I could not go through any more.

‘’Let me open the door!’’ His voice, changed drastically penetrated through and I took a shaky breath in, I tasted my salty tears in my mouth and felt my throat shake even more when I began talking back.

‘’I hate you so much..’’

My voice was crushed, in pain and silent. I felt as if my hands would give away, my entire body was about to give away.

 I heard the sound of the elevator and my head spun to the right.

Someone got in and I found the right moment to let go of the door. I began to run and the person in the elevator held the door for me. I pressed the ground level button once I got in and the doors closed on Zico’s voice. I wrapped my coat around myself so the woman on the elevator couldn’t see or hear me cry as loudly, I fell to the ground as I drew more air in. I still couldn’t believe any of it, why would he do such a thing when he had told me that he loved me? Was it all lies?

I barely managed to get my shoes back on, my hands shook so much. I had no idea where I was to go or what to do. I heard the elevator doors bling open; I pulled up my coat on and drew my hood up, I began running once again to catch any bus in the nearby station as I knew that he could be downstairs any moment. It was my only chance of escape.

Once on the empty bus I sat down and tried to dry my tears away only that new ones would always replace them. I drew my knees to my chest and placed my forehead on my knees until the right stop to get off came by.

Sehun’s apartment was still far away, I had a long way to walk as I caught the wrong bus. But I didn’t care; at least I didn’t have to put up with Zico.

 ‘’Oh my…look who it is.’’

My luck today may have run dry, it may have now been impossible to get to Sehun. I had no phone and this guy in front of me was very interested.

‘’The girl from the jail cell, ‘Zico’s girlfriend’, right?’’

I believe that his name started with the letter G but I couldn’t remember the rest.

‘’Why the tears? Any why so alone?’’ He seemed to have a satisfied smile on his lips. I drew myself away from him as I tried to look around the empty street for any help.

‘’I…’’ was afraid.

I tried to sidestep to the left but he only copied my move.

‘’Please… I don’t have time for this.’’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter