Chapter 023

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

‘’I had a great time, thanks for everything’’ I waved back to the girls as I went towards Sehun’s car with a wide smile on my face. Lesley smiled as she closed the door behind Tess and then she waved back at me. I got in Sehun’s car and I saluted him.  ‘’Had fun?’’ he asked. I nodded and felt the car move.

‘’Good, that’s good’’ he said as his hands coordinated at the stirring wheel. ‘’So, did anyone bother you today? Perhaps that bastard?’’ he asked. I shook my head in denial. I couldn’t possibly tell him that Zico had worried for me and that he approached me the way he did at the cinema, he’d flip out. ‘’Are you sure?’’ he asked again and I nodded. ‘’That’s good, seems like he wants to keep seeing you then…’’ he his lips as the car stopped at the traffic lights.

‘’Make sure you rest when you get home, don’t wear yourself out too much because I know how bad those bruises are.’’ Sehun said and I placed my hand on my tummy as I remembered Zico asking about my bruises at the cinema.

Flashback

‘’Does it hurt?’’ Zico asked and I looked at him and shook my head. I didn’t want him to feel responsible as he just mentioned that if it was for him to be quicker, that guy would have never punched me.

He looked into my eyes for a few seconds. Then I felt his hand lay out flat on my stomach applying a considerable amount of pressure. I widened my eyes at this and gave out a wince. He quickly let go and apologized. ‘’I’ll take full responsibility for that and I’ll make sure it won’t happen again.’’ he said and my eyes widen at the promise.

End of flashback

It seemed that the car’s engine was no longer running and that Sehun was watching me stuck peacefully in my haze. We were at my apartment. ‘’Are you okay?’’ Sehun asked. I quickly looked at him. ‘’Yeah… I was thinking about that movie. Thinking how I’m gonna sleep tonight.’’ I said and he smiled at me. ‘’It’s not real.’’ He said. ‘’I know...’’ I dragged on the discussion away from my thoughts and soon he told me to go inside.

I waved goodbye and went inside the block of apartments.

Once inside I went to my room and fully changed I grabbed my phone and started playing a game as I was on my way to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. It started ringing and I nearly dropped it. It was because Jessica appeared by my side when it did. That’s when I panicked.

Zico’s name was on the caller ID.

‘’Is that… how does he have your number?’’ she quickly injected as she glanced at the phone. I pressed reject and she gave me a killer look. I gulped and watched her frown at the phone then at me. ‘’You have his number? How? Tell me, I thought I told you to stay away from him.’’ She said more annoyed than worried.  ‘’I tried but he keeps calling me.’’ once I finished talking she stood in front of me.

‘’You’re not supposed to be around him anymore, Victoria might get at you.’’ She said and her agitated breathing paused as he called again. ‘’Answer. Put it on loud speaker. I want to know what he wants.’’ She said. I shook my head but she went ahead and pressed the screen a few times.

‘’Krystal…why does it take me two times to reach you over the phone? Didn’t I tell you the consequences of hanging up on me?’’ his voice had a playful touch, my eyes looked up at Jessica who was wide eyed and not believing the voice at the other side of the receptor.

She motioned that I should say something. ‘’I don’t have time to talk to you.’’ I said quickly trying to end this quickly. ‘’Well, you better make some time, also for tomorrow evening. I’m taking you out again.’’ He stated and a wave of fear washed over me. Jessica stared at my phone unable to handle the words he said. She seemed rather disturbed by his words but soon she looked up at me. ‘’Accept.’’ She said with gritted teeth. I shook my head. I couldn’t go. I had to stay away from him not allow him to get closer by choice. ‘’I’m going instead. Just say yes.’’ Her voice seemed much lighter and excited.

I looked at her with a frown. ‘’Krystal.’’ My name was repeated a second time by her. ‘’Say yes.’’ she commanded and I parted my lips. ‘’Okay. Where do you want me to meet you?’’ I asked with pain in my chest. ‘’At five pm, tomorrow, go straight to the café on the main road and you’ll find me there’’ he said and I looked at Jessica placing her hands over her chest. A smile was spread over her lips as she had my phone focused on in her sight.

‘’Also, dress in something special.’’ He added with what seemed like a smile on his face. ‘’See you there’’ he said and hung up. I stayed in that position for a few seconds until Jessica took my phone away. ‘’I’ll go and talk to him instead. I’ll convince him to leave you alone. I promise’’ she said and I nodded.

I knew that I had passed over what seemed to be another night out with Zico. Excitement had built up inside but as Jessica stormed past me towards her room I realised that it was all going to be over. I wasn’t going to experience the thrill of being a wild teenager like I did last time. She was going to make sure he had left me alone. It was all gonna end…

Jessica’s POV

I went to my closet and after frantically searching for a dress I took it out by the hanger and blinked at the amazing classic dress. ‘’This should be special enough for him, I know that he won’t pass me up like this.’’ I whispered. Once I noted down Zico’s phone number I deleted it off Krystal’s phone number. Maybe I’ll settle this once and for all. Zico’s mines and I won’t let her lead him away; in fact I’ll use her to get closer to him. I know it’s wrong but…I’ve waited for a chance like this for years.

Krystal’s POV

Jessica returned my phone later on and told me that I no longer have to worry about Victoria, she was gonna make Zico  stay away from me. I thanked her and placed my head back down on the pillow. I needed rest and I could feel my eyes slowly close but I needed to tell her something.

Jessica’s POV

‘’Jessica, be careful tomorrow. He normally reacts really harsh towards other girls. Try not to provoke him, let him say what he wants and don’t argue with him like I did, he’ll take advantage of his strength and pin you down.’’ She seemed to fall into a slumber as she said those words. I formed two tight fists knowing that Zico had placed his hands on Krystal.

I was meant to be in your place, he was meant to pay attention to me not…you. I my heels and closed the door behind me.

I’ll make sure he’s mine by the end of tomorrow.

Krystal’s POV

It didn’t take long for school to finish the next day, even though I haven’t seen Zico it had made me feel better about myself, I no longer had felt pressurised into feeling guilty for the fact that I wasn’t gonna show up to him at the café. I decided to go and surprise Sehun with a visit and I decided to buy him cupcakes in thanks to him taking care of me all of this time.

I bought my hand up and I knocked on his door. I heard the lock on the door move and soon he opened the door. His eyes widened at me. ‘’I came to visit you. Hurray!’’ I said and then I brought up the cupcakes I got for him. ‘’I bought you your favourite cupcakes to say thank you’’ I said. He looked down at the white paper bag. ‘’We both know you’re going to eat those alone.’’ He said and I smiled. Yes, we play cards on these cupcakes and even if I win or lose I still get to eat the cupcakes.

‘’Get in.’’ He opened the door wider and I stepped in trying to get my jacket off.

Jessica’s POV

I struggled to stop my hands from shaking; I couldn’t believe I was reacting like this on a chance to meet him. I vomited twice because I was so nervous and now I sat down trying to calm down my shaking body. I looked at the clock and soon grabbed the purse next to me.

It’s now or never. I had the chance of taking Zico and I wasn’t gonna let it slide.

I took a taxi to the café and intertwined my fingers together to pass the intense moment before the meeting with him, I didn’t know how he’d react or if he’d even be there. I was gambling my image here but I knew for sure that Zico isn’t playing around when he calls someone on their phone; he seems to have found something in Krystal. It’s either that he’s fooling around with her or… that he likes her and I clearly know which one it is. There is no way someone like him would like someone like her, she’s clearly a naïve kitten and maybe I’m doing her a favour. I’m actually trying to attempt to get Zico for myself but also save Krystal from being used in the way he plans to.

Once there I looked at my watch. Five minutes late. I paid the driver and got out of the car fixing my dress over my figure once again.

I walked those high heels to that café and pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter