Chapter 011

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

It was at two o’clock on the dot that I realized that I had been doing nothing but lie on my bed with a fluttery stomach. I couldn’t explain why I was feeling this much excitement; it was something I hadn’t come across in a long time. I knew that it was just a date with a person that I knew very well but the fact that it was my first… it had me agitated. I couldn’t do anything: I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep the night before and I  couldn’t keep my eyes off the clock.

The house was completely empty. It was hushed. None of this was soothing me even though I was in my own home, in my own comfort zone and with no one bothering me. I actually felt unwelcomed at some points, almost to where I thought that I should call Sehun about it. But I didn’t. He probably doesn’t want to hear about it and probably has enough problems on his head for the moment.

I turned my head on the twisted pillow just underneath and gazed slowly towards the sun rays trying to stiffly come through as the curtains which were calmly carried by the wind in soft waves. I sat up on my bed and felt the normal dizziness fall back down on me. A few seconds later I stood up and strode towards the window with pins and needles collecting on my left foot. I prepared my eyes for the increased light intensity to come and with one hand I pulled onto the curtain. Just as always, the headache started.

I felt a breeze hug over my body frame and zoom past me with a rush. I widened my eyes to take a look outside and saw the exact same scenery lying before my eyes. Just as I thought…looking outside wouldn’t help me feel better or should I say less ‘excited’, this set-up only made me think of the moment when he’d arrive…

I knew this was a big step for me and it was bothering me more than I think it should’ve. It was just as my friends were saying, I was ‘stepping out of my bubble’ and I too have felt it. I was moving on, I was getting better at handling life itself, but having a boyfriend…maybe this was the wrong ‘first’ step to take out of the bubble. It’s only because I’ve been pushed into doing it and because I didn’t have enough time to think about it, and that felt like it was a bad idea. It was forced. But either way, it was for my own good so I skipped over the detail.

Jessica had left an hour ago to one of her friend’s’ house, Yoona’s house. She had spent hours begging mum and dad to let her go for a sleepover and in the end they said yes. Jessica had also agreed on keeping the date a secret as I too had kept her promises and deals over a long time. And I was glad that she kept it a secret.

 My parents had been busy with their jobs and just as my luck couldn’t be any bigger they said that they wouldn’t be back tonight. They both had to attend a party, my father’s best colleague had decided to have it today and they couldn’t take us along… it was something about some underage content. I wonder what that was about. Anyway I… was the only one left in the house; I had to wait here until the clock will cross 8:00 and I was feeling a little too overwhelmed.

I breathed out slowly as I let the curtain fall in its place, I turned to my left and I was hit with a very strong message. I stood there frozen for a few seconds reading it. The metal template screwed into the wall. There were two copies of this, one present inside my room and one present inside Jessica’s room. It was a small 20x 17cm gold sprayed metal plate with strict black writing over it.

The rules:

No boyfriends. No drugs and alcohol. No .

Bellow that was written a sweet sentence.

‘’You will respect these rules until you are 18 and when you are clear in mind on the choices you’re about to make. As long as you live in our house, we decide what’s coming upon your back not your little empty skull.  -yours faithfully, mum and dad.’’

 I was stood in front of it with a smile, I knew I was going to break my first ever rule. It would be my first ever time to do something bad, the first ever time to get myself in trouble and I wasn’t going to feel scared about it. I didn’t know why I didn’t feel scared to break one of the rules, I guess I was also stepping out of my bubble by somewhat getting in serious trouble with my parents. If I was going to advance forwards and get a boyfriend then I might as well advance into acting like an irresponsible teenager for the first time in my life. You know… trying new things, get a taste of what it’s like to be a rebel. I don’t even know how mum would react to this I mean…she called a boy who by chance was Zico my boyfriend and hadn’t freaked out over what she said. I really don’t know what to expect anymore. All I know was that Jessica had secret dates before and she never got caught because I kept it a secret and because she was careful, so…it shouldn’t be a problem with me.

I moved away from the plate and for the first time in my life a question had popped up. What was I going to wear?

My legs took me to my closet and just as my eyes scanned from side to side I realised that I was clueless. I didn’t know what to wear- wait. Lesley said something about coming over to help me. I placed my hand on my chest and breathed out. That’s sorted out long before, a smile came on my lips.

Time passed. A few more hours and some more time and I was suddenly startled by the sound of my phone ringing. ‘’Hello?’’ I timidly said in a tiny voice. It was the first time that I’ve said something in a while and just as it got closer and closer to 8 o’clock I was getting more and more anxious about going on this scary date.

‘’Tell us where you are Krystal, we’re eager to get you ready for your date’’ Lesley’s voice screamed with excitement. I just quickly explained the directions over to my house and placed the phone back onto the counter.

I was glad I could finally call some of my friends over to my house for the first time; I know the only reason why I could do it was because Jessica wasn’t here. Obviously after what I told her last night she straight away begged to go for a sleepover, I think she did that on purpose…she’s backing me up here.

I grabbed another chip from the opened bag and glued my eyes onto the kitchen TV to calm myself down and to forget that I was going on a date just for a few more minutes.

When the doorbell went my body had reacted just like it had received an electric shock. I could feel the excitement from the other side of the door; loud voices, squeals and bags rustling. When I opened the door it was just as I expected: the avalanche tackled me to the floor. Summer had given me a helping hand and Tess shut the door behind all of us. ‘’Thanks for coming guys, I don’t know what I would have done without you-‘’ I didn’t even get to finish speaking properly because Clara had shushed me.

‘’It’s our job. And besides, if we got you on this date then we’re getting you ready…and properly.’’ She said and lifted the designer bag in her hand. In fact all of them had bags that looked different in aspect wise. ‘’Let’s get you ready!’’ Lesley squealed and held her hands together tightly. I held my hands up and they all stopped mid-way their first step. ‘’Do you guys want a snack?’’ I asked like any polite host would do and they started laughing at me.

‘’She’s so cute, trying to act all grown up.’’ Lesley ruffled my hair and I ducked. Actually every single time we have guests I’d have to be the one serving them; that was my job. My mother would tell me what to prepare and what to serve and to who at each visit so I didn’t know how to act now, all I could do was be nice to them this way, they were helping me out anyway.

‘’We don’t need anything, let’s get going. We have a lot to do’’ Summer said and grabb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter