Chapter 022

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

I gripped at the blanket over my face and then feeling short on breath I suddenly sat up trying breathe in more air. I quickly placed my hand over my chest and looked around only to find myself in Sehun’s room again. It took me a couple of seconds after that to realise that what happened wasn’t a dream and that it was real. It was soon after that I felt the side effects of sitting up in the way I did earlier. 

I lifted my shirt and saw how the bruise which I had known to be a light purple show as a dark purple. The punch from yesterday replayed in my mind and I winced, but then I was reminded of him and I felt calmer. He was the one to stop everything on time. It was like he was also there whenever I needed help and for the second time that he was there before Sehun.

I heard my phone vibrate softly onto the pillow next to me and I twisted around to grab hold of it.

Sehun was calling me.

‘’Hello?’’ I timidly asked as I answered the phone. ‘’Krystal! Are you feeling well?’’ His soft voice met my ears and I smiled. ‘’ I can’t say that I’m a hundred percent…but I’m well enough to stand up.’’ I said as I opened the door and slowly making my way towards the living room only to find it empty.

 ‘’Where are you Sehun?’’ I asked as I searched throughout the apartment. ‘’I went school because I start early, Luhan should be coming through the door soon.’’ Just then I heard the door open.

‘’Make sure you eat and stay home, don’t go school, you hear?’’ My eyes widened. ‘’You know I can’t skip school Sehun’’ I said and he fell silent. ‘’Just stay home for today and tomorrow you can go. Don’t make me worry like this.’’ He said and I shook my head. ‘’I have to go, I can’t skip school. I can do it, and don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt.’’ I lied and I saw Luhan approach me. ‘’Don’t lie to me’’ Sehun said over the phone. Luhan also made a face of knowing that I lied. ’’About last… night. Are you okay?’’ he asked. ‘’Yeah…apart from that punch, yeah I’m all right.’’ I said. ‘’No I meant…’’ he trailed off but then said that I should ‘forget it’. I didn’t ask anything more about that.

‘’Thank you for coming after me, and…sorry for going off without telling you.’’ I said. ‘’Don’t mention it and yes, you should be sorry. Don’t you ever run off like that. I’ll put an alarm at the door just for you so you won’t do that again!’’ He exclaimed and I laughed at his extreme ways of security.

‘’I have to go Krystal. If you need anything ask Luhan. Take care of yourself, okay?’’ His voice was softer at the end. I thanked him for his concern. I ended the call and looked at Luhan. ‘’Yeah sure I feel better.’’ He mimicked me as he came closer to me. ‘’If I were to poke you, you’ll fall to the floor.’’ He said and I blinked at him.

‘’Anyway, I got some food for you-‘’ ‘’I need to get ready for school’’ I said walking back to Sehun’s room. I don’t think that this argument lasted for a second because ten minutes later I was in his car and on my way to school. ‘’If anyone touches you at school, all you need to do is pick up my phone and call me. I’ll come straight to your school and kick some ’’ he said and I laughed.

 ‘’Including that guy. There was a deal last night, he’s still not allowed to see you so if he approaches you’ll still call me. Do you understand? I’ll sort him out.’’ Luhan turned to me and I nodded.

There was a deal?

Once at school I opened the door and grabbed my bag. ‘’Thank you for the ride. I really appreciate it.’’ I said as I turned to him before I got out. ‘’Don’t need to be this formal.’’ Luhan said and I lifted an eyebrow. ‘’Next time just say… thanks dude’’ I laughed at him. ‘’No, that sounds too filthy.’’ I said, he laughed at me instead and then told me to be careful. ‘’Bye’’ I said.

I closed the door and then I made my way towards the gates, across the street there were a couple of cars parked in a row. One of which at the corner of my eyes saw that it was Zico’s; I looked just enough to catch a sight of him but instead I caught his eyes tracing me.

 I nearly stopped out of shock; I wasn’t meant to be in contact at school with him. It was me playing against Victoria. I guess I should just text him my thank you for saving me yesterday. From there on I just hope he gets on with his life and I get on with mines.

I moved my eyes back towards the school’s gate and then headed straight inside. On my way to my friends I saw Victoria smirk at me. Jessica next to her look at me worried but I never made eye contact with her for a long period of time. I went to my friends and Tess came straight forward with the question. ‘’Are you okay? You seem to limp more than walk across here, what happened?’’ she asked. ‘’Oh, nothing serious’’ I said and fiddled with my fingers.

Tess looked me in the eye. ‘’You don’t have to lie. Someone told me what happened, in fact the whole school knows what that , Victoria, did.’’ I gulped and looked around the table at my worried friends. ‘’We’re sorry that we weren’t there to help you Krystal.’’ Lesley apologized with her head down. ‘’It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault, she tricked me into it, it was a smart move.’’ I said. I looked at the table. ‘’I’m willing to forgive so please let’s not hold a grudge against her.’’ I said and all of them jumped at my verdict.

‘’She doesn’t deserve that’’ all of them screamed. ‘’A lot of people don’t deserve a lot of things but sometimes you have to give it to them just to see what would happen.’’ All of them looked more disappointed at me. ‘’If I was to hold a grudge against her it wouldn’t make a difference. But if I forgave her however it would make her angry because she has to do more in order to get me at her feet.’’ They looked at me with brighter faces.

‘’No wonder why this girl is my friend’’ Tess jumped in for a hug. ‘’Tess, take it easy.’’ I winced and she apologised. My eyes accidentally moved in between Clara and Summer and I met a pair of eyes in a long distance which seemed to have me locked in their view for a long time. I only stared for a few seconds after which I looked at something else.

Staring at me would anger Victoria; Zico shouldn’t mess around like this.

My phone started ringing. ‘’Hello?’’ I sneakily answered so a teacher won’t see me. ‘’Has he approached you yet?’’ I heard Luhan ask. ‘’No. Why?’’ I asked and frowned because he had checked up on me just minutes after he dropped me off at school. ‘’Because I’m still here.’’ He said and my frown grew bigger.

‘’Luhan, go home!’’ I said nearly snapping at him, I didn’t need this much attention, I was fine. ‘’Okay, but call me if anything happens, Sehun doesn’t want any more bruises on you and he specifically said that all type of bruises are included.’’

I sat there silent.

‘’What do you mean all types of bruises?’’ my friends around me stopped talking and looked at me scrutinizing their eyes and then looked at each other like I said something weird.

‘’You wouldn’t know about those just yet. You’re too innocent.’’ He then hung up and I placed my phone back in my pocket. ‘’Is there many types of bruises?’’ I asked Lesley in a whisper trying to find out more about this. All of them heard me and they started laughing at me. ‘’No, but there’s different ways you can get them’’ Lesley said and wiggled her eyebrows like I got it but no, I didn’t get it.

Her face dropped and she sighed. She ed her shirt slightly and moved her while collar out of the way. There were red/purple marks on her neck. ‘’You know how I got these?’’ she asked with a smile as if I really knew. My face remained unchanged. Her hand came on top of mines. ‘’Don’t worry my friend, you’ll get to that as well’’ Lesley said and the girls around me had chuckled. Am I missing something out.

‘’And it seems rather sooner than later.’’ She said as she motioned her head towards the direction which Zico sat in and the girls had creepy smiles on. Can this get any more confusing? Why did she mention Zico’s side? I breathed out and tried to let it slide, some things would remain a mystery for me. Yes.

‘’Let’s go guys, the bell’s gonna go off’’ Clara said as she checked her watch and we stood up. As we walked to our lessons Lesley suddenly got in front of us and made all of us halt. ‘’Hey, so, since we never go out, why don’t we go and watch a movie tonight?’’ she looked at us with excitement. ‘’That’s a great idea.’’ All of them said. I was the only one not planning anything ahead.

‘’I need to ask a lot of people if I can go because at the moment I have restrictions from Sehun and my parents and…’’ I nearly gave away what happened last night, I wasn’t sure if anything was to happen or not. ‘’Come on Krystal.’’ Summer begged with her puppy eyes and I finally gave in. ‘’But, it can’t be a horror movie.’’ I said already settling the choice. Clara celebrated with a ‘YES!’’ but the rest had long faces. ‘’You two are so boring. How could you say no to horror movies?’’ Lesley said throwing her hands by her sides and Tess couldn’t agree any less with that frown she had on which by the way was directed at me.

‘’I don’t have a steel heart, I’ll probably die in the time they show the trailers because of the anxiety from these types of movies, they’re so damn scary’’ I said. I was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter