Chapter 005

All it took was a little shove.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal's POV

My family moved here just two years ago. Both of our parents worked here and with encouragement from Jessica they decided to live closer to their work place. Jessica had hidden plans to why she wanted to come here, but I later discovered that it was all to do with a boy.

This guy she’s heard off was apparently living here and when she got her chance to actually move closer to him she took it and off she ran with it. We moved here and ‘by coincidence’ Jessica selected the school that this guy also goes to for both of us to attend. Obviously Jessica wanted to go there alone but she thought our parents would catch on to the fact that there must have been a boy there so she decided to take me with her to this school. 

From here on it was the deal that kept us separated in school. She said I would have only been in her way to get the guy she wanted and so I agreed to help her out and stay hidden to her as a relative. She’s much grateful but anytime she forces herself to insult me, I can see that she is sorry because she thinks that she’s hurting me and she in fact does that but I choose not to tell her, I just want the best for her. 

From what I know, Clara and Summer had been best friends since primary school so they were stuck to each other with glue at this school. I wasn’t too close to them in this school when I was transferred but they certainly were nice to me, they were the only ones to give me directions to class and help me out whenever I needed it most, the rest of the school had chosen not to be associated with me. 

Lesley was also at this school, she was the type of girl that knew what everybody else didn’t, whatever went around school she had the correct version of the event before it even came out. Her brother who is one year older helps her out on that. She once saved me from getting bullied by two boys in class and she made her brother help me out, apparently she and her brother have their own win win situation, you do something nice for me I’ll pay you back later sort of deal, different from my deal with my sister, definitely.  

Since that day she decided that I needed a backbone to fit in this school and to stay alive so she started to hang out with me as Lesley thought I was somewhat pleasant to be around. She shared the deepest secrets of this entire school’s pupils with me and soon Clara and Summer had decided to hang out with us since they found out Lesley formed sides with me and they probably wanted to be friends with me as they also said I was somewhat pleasant and nice. 

Tess was a different story; we were terrified of her whenever we came across her. She challenged anyone whenever they didn’t agree on her views and fought any time she saw someone get bullied which was in my case once. She mostly hung out with me to stand up for me but she soon got attached to everyone else and so she became one of ours.  

On my sister’s side, things were a little different too. She was noticed in the first five seconds by everyone, boys mostly and that’s how she got to be the Queenka of the school. The current Queenkas couldn’t do anything against her and so they joined her as the attention Jessica seeked only helped them out. She befriended them and so told me about them. She argues and talks about them all day at home sharing all of her real thoughts to me. I have no choice but to listen to her. 

Jessica’s friend and the spoilt brat, Yoona, Jessica said that she gets what she wants as her parents give her everything. She has nearly slept with the entire male gender population in school and we’re far too aware of the way she dresses, I say she’s pretty revealing about herself. Jessica is obviously jealous that Yoona can throw a party every Saturday at her house but that normally depends on her mood, Yoona has the power to do anything she wishes and that’s what makes her popular.  

Victoria, another friend of Jessica’s is one to look after herself, very much just as Jessica does at home, she says that Victoria plays hard to get and I didn’t know what she meant about that so I kept quiet but I did find out later, much later. Victoria was said to be very healthy and Jessica did say that she was almost influenced by her way of being. This girl seems to keep her thoughts to herself and is pretty smart. 

Now that Jessica and I had sunk in this school properly I believe that it’s going well and our parents had congratulated the both of us, one thing they don’t know is that we haven’t told anyone we’re sisters. Jessica sends me many thanks for keeping the secret thought I feel sort of rejected but I think that she’s happy because she got to be closer to the boy she likes. Now that I think about it, I never got to ask about him, I don’t even know him or how he looks like. 

‘’Krystal’’ Someone said my name a little loud this time and I snapped out of my haze. ‘’Yes?’’ I asked. It really is questionable but I’m the only one out of these girls that actually kept my name, everybody else said it was cool enough so they decided to keep it the same, it’s pretty funny as other people in the school had started to call these girls by their nicknames. 

‘’Don’t you think you should let your hair out a little?’’ Lesley suggested as she sat down next to me and started fiddling with my hair. ‘’Or like, try make-up?’’ She asked and poked her finger against my shoulder. I shook my head. I knew Lesley was one that was on top of the game with her looks and up to date with others’ around the school, she’s very opinionated sometimes and even has a boyfriend outside school. She probably wants to push me out of the comfort zone. ‘’Come on Krystal, it’d be fun’’ Summer said. 

Summer, the girl that gets along with everybody, she is all smiles and makes others around smile as well through no reason at all. This girl is kind but very funny as she has a joke for every day and the funniest are on Monday. Some of the jokes don’t make sense to me but once they explain it I find that she really is smart to think of them. I shook my head at her too. ‘’I like my hair this way’’ I said laying a hand on it protectively. Clara opened this time. 

‘’But how are you going to get any boys like this?’’  Clara was the type of person to read into a person, even though she’s the quietest and shy out of all of us she can really make her point whenever she speaks because everyone else gets silent around her. Her voice is the pleasantest sound to listen to. She loves sweets and is sometimes extremely gullible. I shook my head at her again. ‘’I’m not…really…emmm’’ I didn’t even know what to say to her, I wasn’t even ready for a boyfriend, I couldn’t read into a metaphor how could I have a boyfriend? 

‘’So it is true, you haven’t kissed a boy yet, have you?’’ Tess brought her head off of the table as she woke up from her nap. Tess is always one to take naps in lessons; it’s a habit for her and she somehow still has good grades. Tess is absolutely great in sports and similar to me as I’ve been told that she’s also blunt. She once told me that racist people and bullies should die and I’ve been scared ever since because I knew that any insult to any other human whilst she was present was taken as a crime towards her. 

 She was very…different from these girls. In fact every single girl is different, I was the only one of this group to suffer from a condition called the Asperger’s Syndrome, I have a lot of difficulty talking to people and understanding them sometimes. I hate loud neighbours and like to take walks at night, I think they’re very calming, the wind makes me feel better and I love staring at the stars.  

 I shook my head again. Wait no, I nodded remembering what Tess had asked me. ‘’Well, girls, I think we all know what Krystal needs’’ Lesley said. I looked up. ‘’What?’’ I asked. Summer laughed and Lesley had a huge grin on her face. ‘’Let’s go to class, we’re late’’ Lesley quickly changed the subject and I kept asking what they were to do and they’d simply ignored that subject. I gave up and went on to our next class together with Tess. 

Tess was with me in maths and we worked together on the task whilst others just asked for it. I had good grades as well so I didn’t need support in learning; it was something I understood straight away because there was nothing hidden, I loved learning. 

It was until lunch time that Tess came to her really angry state. ‘’Why didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter