Midnight Surprise

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

We had a staring contest for a while, and then JunHoe suddenly wrap his arms around EunAe’s waist, pulling her to him. What the heck with this kid?

“EunAe…” He whispered, placing his head on her right shoulder. Why are they acting like a couple? “Hm?” She answered, smiling a bit. What? Why is she smiling like that?

“Let’s go to the living room.” She nods. “Yah, B.I, are you coming or what? You guys still need to explain to me why am I dragged here, and not my own apartment.”

 


 

CHAPTER 9 -- MIDNIGHT SURPRISE

Author’s POV

The seven of them are once again gathered in the living room. EunAe are squished between JunHoe and Bobby on the couch. In front of the bunny-like rapper sits the Leader, HanBin, while DongHyuk sits himself in front of EunAe, and JinHwan sits beside YunHyeong across them.

“I like your hair! It’s cool!” DongHyuk beams, showing his eye smile to the girl.

“Thanks, Dong-ah.”

“I told you so. I’m the most fashionable in the group. My choices in style are never wrong.” HanBin boasted about himself, while flipping through the TV Channel. “Pssh. And I already told you, there’s still Bobby. He had more swag.” The girl retorted, smirking. Bobby chuckled happily, hugging the girl. “Hyung! You said I cannot hug EunAe earlier. Look at what you’re doing right now!” The cute maknae complained, glaring at the rapper. “Why are you guys acting like kids? It’s just a hug.” EunAe retorded. Befriending JunHoe has made her blunt, too.

“EunAe is acting mean this whole day, really, and don’t blame it on the jet-lag.”

“I’m not being mean, Leader-nim. It’s you who’s annoying.”

“See? That’s mean.” The others only laugh watching their bicker. YunHyeong, who has been quiet the whole time decided to join. “Period?” He asked, making EunAae gasped. “Aniyo, hyung. EunAe’s period should have started a few days ago, so she’s not supposed to get grumpy today. She’s usually grouchy before the period starts.” DongHyuk, being her bestfriend since they were little, answered.

“Seriously? You know when her period starts and when her period ends?” JinHwan asked, while the others are looking at the two, amazed by the fact that they know each other that well. “Guys, please stop talking about this, okay? Period is a sensitive matter for girls.”

“Let’s reveal something embarrassing about DongHyuk then!” Bobby beams happily.

“HYUNG! ANDWAE!!! EunAe-ya, help me please~” DongHyuk begged.

“Don’t you guys know all of his embarrassing moment already? He spent more times with you guys than me for these past few years.” “We need more embarrassing stories!!!” Bobby yelled, getting overly excited. The girl shook her head. The other can always annoy her and act dorky, like a five years old, but she will always treasure and support these six guys.

“Aren’t the five of you knows a lot of things already? I’ve already told you about the -kicking story. That’s embarrassing.” JunHoe laughs, remembering the -kicking story. “Nooo~ We need more stories!” YunHyeong decided to join, HanBin and Bobby are nodding their heads. “I’ll just go with whatever you guys wanted to do.” JinHwan added.

“Okay. I think I got something in mind.”

“Nooo! EunAe don’t! If you do this, our friendship ends!!!”

“You said this when we were in Junior-High.”

“Ah. Right. Well, it’s your fault for being such a nice friend. I can’t stand not talking to you.” The girl chuckled, reminiscing her old times with DongHyuk. She wished she had a longer holiday break. “Here’s the deal. I’ll reveal something embarrassing from you, and you can say something about me too.”

They boys chorused a ‘Whoaaaa’ all together, anticipating what will EunAe’s embarrassing moments be. “Okay! I’ll go first!” DongHyuk said happily.

 


 

EunAe’s POV

I wonder what will DongDong tell to the others. Is it one of my really embarrassing one? Maybe… He’ll tell the other about how I pee in my pants during class in 6th grade. I know, I know… It’s really embarrassing back then. It was during math test. I don’t have that many friends, and back then, I was really nervous about the test, the room felt colder than usual, the teacher was a killer one. I was really scared to even ask. So… Yeah. I just did it. I peed. Great, EunAe-ya. Great.

“EunAe…” DongHyuk is going to say it… Aigoo~ Here goes my ‘Nappeun Gizibe’ image.

“During Junior-High…” Eeeh? He’s not going to tell about the peeing incident?

“I caught her talking to KyuHyun-sunbaenim’s poster in her room.” Phew~ Thank God it’s not the peeing accident.

“WHAT? EunAe, you even talked to his poster?” B.I reaction is really over. He’s like all shock about it.

“Yeaah~ I did that before. I told you I like him a lot… Wait… DONGHYUK WAS THERE? I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE THERE! Oh my God this is hella embarrassing.” Everybody laughs to my reaction.

“Yeah~ I was going to borrow your notes, and then your Mom asked me to just go upstairs to your room. There you are, blabbering things to the poster.”

“What did she said?” JunHoe asked, sneaking an arm around my waist, again. Is this what he meant with ‘getting closer’? I’m quite oblivious to these kinds of things. I don’t date that much, and my closest guy friends are these six idiots.

“She was speaking in English, so I can’t really catch things well. I remembered her saying ‘Oppa, Saranghae!’ Just that. And… Oh! ‘You’re really cool on stage.” DongHyuk-ie heard that? Aigoo~ Well, it’s a good thing he didn’t hear everything.

“I wish I know what you said, though… What did girls usually say to an Idol she likes?” Bobby rubbed his chin, as if thinking about things. I answered his question in English, “I said that he was really cool, I adore him a lot. I don’t remember the things that I’ve said, but I remember saying, ‘Oppa, your voice cause me eargasm. When you sing, it blew your fans’ ovaries away. I wonder sometimes… Could I get pregnant from watching your MV? Because you’re too hot in that eye-liner.’ Yeeah~ I know it’s silly…”

Bobby’s eyes went bigger than usual, and then he laughs while holding his stomach, feet stomping the ground. Is it really that funny? I saw the others looking at him like some crazy retarded kid. They obviously don’t understand a single bit.

“Bobby, please don’t translate that to the others, okay? It’s our secret.” I said once his laughter died down.

“Okay!”

“Oh! Our maknae is hugging our other maknae!” YunHyeong-hyung pointed at JunHoe’s hands, which is on my waist. The guys really like to hug me a lot. Being a girl who is raised by an American mom, not to mention that my mom is really hip-hoppy, she liked GD, duh. I’m used to all this hugging and doing skinship with guys that are not blood related to me. My lifestyle is half American half Korean. I’m single right now, anyway.

“Awww~ You guys are so cute~” YunHyeong-hyung continues. I just sit still, stiff. This situation is pretty awkward. Should I play the role as JunHoe’s fake girlfriend or admit to them that we aren’t dating?

“We’re not dating, hyung.” I tilt my head to the left suddenly, making it hurts a bit.

“JunHoe…” He’s going to explain things, I guess.

“We’re not dating. It’s only a joke. We like to troll you guys a lot.” He grins.

He really looks cool right now. He explains things so easily, not caring about his own feelings. Earlier he confessed to me, even though I told him we can’t be together, he still understands. He’s even willing to still know me better, even though he knows it will hurt him more. Imagine getting closer to your crush, but she cannot return your feelings, she likes someone who is really close to you like your own brother. He should hate me right now, get away from me. I consciously grab his hand that is resting on my waist, giving it a light squeeze.

“Aahh~ You guys seriously! Why did you joke about something like that?” JinHwan-hyung complained. “Why did you guys always use me as your pretend girlfriend, then? You!” I pointed at Bobby. “You called me ‘Baby’ a lot; other people often misunderstood our relationship!” I turned to DongHyuk. “You hug me too much. You’ll spend a hard time finding a girlfriend that would not nag at me for being too close to you.” Lastly, I turn to the self-proclaimed visual. “YunHyeong-hyung, you are not my ideal type. Stop saying that.”

The three are silenced, while the other three laughs. Responds that I get were like; “I’ll still hug you as I like.” Or “Because you’re confirmed single now, I’ll still ‘Baby’ you.” And “I’ll try to be your ideal type then.” These idiots.

“Wait. Back to the topic… Why am I dragged here? Leader-nim, you got something to explain?” I arched my brows, questioning. “Hmm… As you can see… Your day as our personal bodyguard starts tomorrow, and Manager-hyung wants to give you some short briefing, so we figured out that it’s easier for you to stay here this night than going to your place. Manager-hyung likes to drop by as he likes.” I nod my head, absorbing the stuffs he just said.

“Just sleep in my room.” JunHoe added.

“Nooo. My room. I can kick HanBin out.” Bobby grins, making the said Leader scoffs.

“Guys… STOP! I’ll just crash on the couch.”

“DON’T!” They all shouted at the same time. Even though they are dorky and idiot, they really care for me.

“Awww~ These oppa-deul are considerate.” I chuckle. “I’ll just sleep at the remaining bed. There are seven of them, right?” DongHyuk suddenly stands up, jumping happily. “Yeeaahh! EunAe is sleeping in my room. In your face, Bobby-hyung!”

I ended up sleeping on the bottom part of the bunk bed. DongHyuk said he’s going to wash up first, so he handed me his clothes to change on, and left the room. I fall asleep right after.

 


 

DongHyuk’s POV

It’s almost midnight right now. EunAe is already asleep. I think she is pretty tired today. HanBin-hyung must have dragged her here and there to exhaust her. This means… We only need to work out our plan. I quickly tip-toed to JinHwan-hyung’s room, only to found out that they were playing games from the iPad. “Hyung-deul, EunAe is asleep already. Let’s do the prep now~”

“JunHoe, you handle the cake. Bobby and HanBin should be putting the presents on the table right now, YunHyeong and I should decorate the place a bit, and you,  DongHyuk, keep an eye on Ae, okay?” I give a playful salute using my right hand, “Copy.” I said.

Our plan is to wake EunAe up in the middle of the night. She has just gotten one hour sleep, I think? So when the clock strikes twelve, we’re going to wake her up, sing her happy birthday, and so on. Actually, HanBin-hyung is the one who initiated it. I often think the relationship between the two is weird. They’re like bickering, and then the next time laughing like retard together. I sometimes caught him staring at EunAe, too. He did it smoothly, though. He glanced at her, and then pretended to do something else, so the others won’t get suspicious. But… Being the dorky single-since-birth, I can figure out what he’s going to do easily.

Hyung-deul are all preparing things. The situation is kind of hectic. I heard something drops from the table, followed with a ‘Pssshhh’ right after.

“It’s okay, guys. EunAe is a heavy sleeper.” I said, approaching them. “Oh… Right. How come I forget that? Our traits are the same.” HanBin-hyung added. “Everything is settled, though. Wake EunAe up now.” YunHyeong-hyung ordered, pushing me back to the room.

She’s wrapped inside the blanket, facing the wall. I let out a chuckle softly. After all this years, she still likes to face the wall when she sleeps. I pat her arms slowly.

“EunAe-ya…” Nothing. She’s not even squirming. Aaissh~ What to do with this girl?

“EunAe… Wake Up!!!” I shook her arms stronger, still no effect.

“EunAe! If you don’t wake up, I’m going to kiss you!” No effect. Aigoo~

I get out from the room, feeling frustrated. “Hyuung, she won’t wake up. Like… Really… She’s just sleeping still.”

“Jinjja? HanBin, you wake her up.” Bobby-hyung said cooly, while HanBin-hyung gasped, shocked.

“Why meee?” “You’re our leader, that’s why, now wake her up!”

 


 

HanBin’s POV

I can’t do this. Her sleeping face looks so beautiful, it made me want to ki— Wait. What am I thinking? You can’t do this HanBin! But Bobby-hyung practically just pushed me to DongHyuk’s room.  I entered the room quietly. There she is, sleeping soundly.

“EunAe, wake up!” I shook her hard. No effect.

“EUNAE GET UP!” She squirms a bit.

“Aissshh. 5 more minutes.” Such a sleepy head.

“Nooo~ Get up now!”

“Shireeoo~” She said, half sleeping. I leaned down to her, whispering beside her ears.

“If you’re not going to wake up now, I’m going to get JunHoe here to kiss you.”

She fluttered her eye open. Did JunHoe’s name affect her that much? “What is it with you guys and kissing? DongHyuk already said that before. It’s not going to work. Now let me get back to sleep.” Before she closes her eyes, I retorted again, “So you don’t want to kiss our maknae?”

“Aisshh~ B.I. SHUT UP, OKAY. I’m sleepy.”

“Who do you want to kiss, then?”

“KyuHyun-oppa. Now quiet.”

“Really? What about me? Do you want to kiss me?”

She suddenly gets up from the bed, looking at me, annoyed. “WHAT? What kind of question is that?” I crossed my arms in front of my chest, smirking. “You know what? You won. I’m completely awake now. Thanks to your annoying antics.” I laugh. Annoying her is quite fun. My cell phone suddenly vibrated inside my pants’ pocket. I fished it out and look at the screen. I turned off the alarm.

Midnight.

“Happy Birthday, EunAe-ya.”

 


 

EunAe’s POV

“Happy Birthday, EunAe-ya.”

His words come out clear. Happy Birthday? Who? Me? What day is it… Oh~ Right it’s practically October 18th right now. He woke me up just to say ‘Happy Birthday’? That’s… Annoying, actually. Can’t he wait until tomorrow?

“Hey… You’re not mad or anything, right? I just wanna be the first person to say ‘Happy Birthday’ to you. Sorry if you’re annoyed.” It is indeed annoying. But B.I’s annoying self kind of just grew on me. I cannot get mad at him for a long time. I step forward slowly, approaching him.

“Thanks, B.I.” I said as I hug his torso. He went stiff for a while, and then I feel his arms hugging me back. We went silent for a while, not knowing what to do. I hope I can stop the time. But the sad truth is… I can’t.

B.I coughs, breaking my train of thoughts. “Oh~ Right. Sorry.” I said, un-hugging him.

“The others are waiting for you.”

“Eh? They’re awake?” He nods his head, smiling. He leads me outside, the lights are already off.

 

‘Saengil Chukhahabnida… Saengil Chukhahabnida…

Saranghaneun Uri EunAe…

Saengil Chukhahabnida…’

 

Gosh~ I don’t know what to say. The last time someone sang this song to me, was during my second year of high school. The whole class suddenly sang me happy birthday when a friend of mine shouted “It’s EunAe’s born day today!”

JunHoe appears from the kitchen, holding a cake with a lot of candles on top of it. To think about it, he’s always been the cake boy, right? He held the cake during the time when they were still ‘Team B’, eating beef at YunHyeong-hyung’s parents BBQ house. The second time was during B.I’s birthday. They are all wearing party hats.

“Make a wish, EunAe-ya.” He said.

I closed my eyes; put my palms together, praying.

 

God, thank you for all the things you have given to me, since I was born, until now.

Thank you for giving me another year to live on, please guide me so I can use it well.

Moreover, thank you for these six amazing friends you send to me.

Thank you for meeting me with Kim DongHyuk, the brainy best guy friend ever. Thank you for meeting me with Kim JinHwan, someone who is really considerate to others, he took care of me well. Thank you for meeting me with Song YunHyeong, I know I’m not that close to him, but through him, I really learnt what hardship is. Thank you for meeting me with Kim JiWon, the clown of the group, he never failed to annoy me, and never failed to make me laugh. Thank you for meeting me with Goo JunHoe, the blunt maknae, someone who is really determined in singing.

Lastly, thank you God; for meeting me with Kim HanBin, the guy that I fell in love with, the one who always tried his best in everything. Thank you.

 

With that, I open my eyes and blow the candles. Thank you for the birthday surprise guys, you just made my day.

 


 

Author's Note:

Heeeyy~

I updated today! Kkk. I personally like the chapter, especially the part when EunAe prays before she blows the candles. Those prayers are actually what am I feeling towards Team B. They are just really cool, aren't they? I hope the six members debut soon as a group, without any member changed at all.

You guys must have heard about 'Mix & Match' aren't you? They say the guys are going to be put in another survival show, with three other trainees, and then the final members will make a debut. You guys know what's weirder? I think I read a fanfiction about Team B going through another survival show somewhere. Kkk.

My heart just *zooop* shrinks when I first know about this, which is a few weeks ago.

Maybe some of you also realized I didn't give a name to their group. I used 'The boys' or 'The guys' or 'The six of them'. Because I think... I cannot decided what name is great enough for these guys. Kkk. A lot Team B fans (BGolds or Watermelons) used the term KIN6S, right? Kkk.

Well, I think I'll stop talking here. Sorry for the long Author Note. I just feel like sharing my thoughts today (Like any other day). Kkk.

P.S: Do you guys watch Show Me The Money 3? B.I and Bobby are jjang!

Thank you for reading my fic, guys! Please leave your comments so I know you guys existed somewhere. (\O.o/)