Brown Box and Yellow Ribbon

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“It’s okay, YuMi-chan. You already help us enough.” JinHwan-hyung said. He smiles brightly. Is it just me or Jin-hyung looks at her in a loving way? Or is it just the mole on the corner of his eyes that made it seems like that? His smile always makes him looks lovely, I mean.

“Thank you, JinHwan-kun.”

“MWO? JINHWAN-KUN? SINCE WHEN ARE THE TWO OF YOU THIS AFFECTIONATE?” We all screamed together. The two just smiles awkwardly, stealing glances at each other. Aigoo~ I guess this is Eonni’s happiest day then.

 


 

CHAPTER 24 -- BROWN BOX AND YELLOW RIBBON

 

Author’s POV

The next few weeks went by quickly. EunAe companied them to their schedules, watching the fans closely. She and YuMi had been collecting datas about the sasaeng fans. It seems that the sasaeng fans for the boys were just established, so the members of their sasaeng site are not that many. But it doesn’t mean they are safe. The NONA9ON Photos are realeased online, too. There are a lot of reactions from netizens regarding EunAe’s appearance there. Public are assuming she is a member from an upcoming girl group, like usual.

It was Saturday noon today, they had the day off. The boys decided to invite EunAe over. Well, not only because they enjoy her company, they actually are feeling very hungry right now and wanted the youngest to cook for them. Plus, they can order her around and annoy her.

“EunAe! I am hungry!” Bobby started.

“Mee too!” HanBin joined.

“Nadoo!” Said DongHyuk.

“Cook for us!” YunHyeong added.

“FOOD FOOD FOOD!” There goes JunHoe and his sass.

“Aissshh! Can you guys be quiet? You are all too annoying!” The girl stomps her feet. She can’t imagine how much pain does Manager-hyung feels. He must have been more tired and annoyed. Living with six annoying male adults who acts like a five year old is not helping her at all.

“How can you guys be this annoying? Don’t you have pity on me or something?” She paused, rummaging the fridge. “And where the heck is JinHwan-hyung when I needed him the most? JINHWAN-HYUUUNG! THE BOYS ARE BULLYING ME!” She shouted, hoping it would be loud enough for the eldest to hear. “Aiissh. What is he doing in his room anyways?” She continues blabbering.

“Texting his ‘YuMi-chan’ of course. Don’t you know?” YunHyeong, being the closest to him lately answered from in front of the TV. “Eeeeh? Really?” She answered back. “Eonni didn’t tell me anything though… Is she taking revenge on me or something…” The girl thought, not realizing that she actually spoke it out loud.

“Revenge on what?” The voice made her startled.

“B.I! Don’t just pop up out of nowhere!”

“Whuuut? I was in the living room! It’s not out of no where!”

“Still…”

“I thought you were trained not to get startled. Or… Am I just that breath-taking?”

 


 

HanBin’s POV

EunAe’s face is cute when she is flustered like this. Should I… Annoy her some more? I think it would be fun. “A—ani. Talk about something that makes sense!” She stuttered. Aigoo~ EunAe~ “Oooh really? You should remember that you are now one of my fans. So you should start acting like one.” She went blank for a few seconds, but then she laugh mockingly.

“You want me to be possessive, clingy, over-reacting, or maybe obsessive as well?” Her face expression is really scary right now, like she wanted to chew on me alive. I notice her right hand which is holding a knife. Oh my… Please don’t kill me, Ae. I just wanted to mess with you for a little bit… Please don’t kill me!

Her foot steps forward, to where I am standing. Her smirk only got wider when she sees my frightened face. “You want me to be those kinds of fans, B.I? Maybe I should mutilate you?” Nooo… Please Nooo. “Maybe I could sell your body parts on the internet. Many sasaeng-fans would love that.” I step backwards as she marched towards me, still holding the knife.

“EunAe… I…”

“I just got a new idea! Maybe I should just kidnap you, and then freeze your whole body and kept it inside a huge aquarium. I wonder how many of those sasaeng-fans would like to buy you… Maybe I should hold some kind of auction?” My foot steps further back, until my body hits the kitchen counter. Oh No. I am doomed.

“Or maybe…”

“EUNAE! No! No! Please! I am so sorry for annoying you, making you pissed all the time, calling you an omnivore and everything. Sorry! Just don’t kill me, okay? I haven’t even loose my ity yet.” I shield my face with my arms, afraid of what will happen next.

 

Silence.

 

EunAe is looking at me with a weird expression.

“Ae?”

“Pffffttt. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. B.I. HAHAHAHAHAH.”

She is laughing? She is treathening my life and she is laughing?

“What’s so funny? You threatened me and now you are laughing?” “I am just messing around with you, moron. What’s wrong with you today? If you annoy me then I will just annoy you back. As simple as that. That’s nature’s law.” She said once her laughter died down. So… she is not serious. Her expression gave it all, though.

“YA! I THOUGHT I WAS REALLY GOING TO DIE.” “Here? You think I will be that stupid to kill you here? In broad day light, when everyone is literally in the living room?” Well, she got a point. “I know your dorm’s passcode. I should just kill you in your sleep.”

Oh .

“EUNAE!”

“Pffftt. Hahahahahah.”

“Not funny!”

“Watch it when you are sleeping, B.”

“YAH!”

“Look under your beds. I might hide there.”

“S—Stop it!”

“Or maybe inside your closet? I can just fit in there… When you opens it… Then… BOO!”

“YAAAH!”

“Can you guys be quiet? We are trying to watch the movie!” Bobby-hyung shouted. “Psssh. Usually he is the noisiest.” I retorted as EunAe countered, “I know, right?” “Uh-huh.”

I ended up helping EunAe around in the kitchen. She told me to wash the vegetables and the meat, cut down the tomatoes, boils the water, actually, almost everything. “Nooo~ Don’t cut it like that. Cut it this way.” She said as she told me how to cut the garlic.

“Don’t you help your mom in the kitchen? Aaah. Right. I forgot. You spent your whole time in front of the computer that you forgot to get a social life.” “YAH! Don’t start annoying me.” “But it’s true. How many girls have you talked with outside of job?” Without thinking. I answered. “Uhhh.. Three?”

“Your mom and HanByul don’t count, B.I.” “Fine. Just you. Happy?” “Not really. You need to get a social life. Meet new people. That way you can get more experiences, and you can use them to write songs.” I smiled. She is always thinking about what’s good for others in the end. We were both not talking; this comfortable silence engulfed us in it. The more I look at her, the more beautiful I found her. The more I look at her, the more I cannot take my eyes of her. I do need a social life, Ae. But I don’t need other girls. Just you are enough.

I just need EunAe, the nagging, annoying girl who likes to order people around. I just need EunAe who took care of others, even though I know sometimes you feel burdened, yet you still do it. I just need EunAe who sometimes only thinks about herself, the egoistic, selfish, ignorant girl. I just need EunAe who will always try to look through every positive side when everything seems negative. I just need EunAe who is possessive towards her stuffs, not wanting to share it to others.

I just need you. With your every flaws. I love them all.

 


 

EunAe’s POV

“GUYS. FOOD IS HERE.”

I shouted loudly. I put every food I managed to cook, with the help of Leader-nim, of course, to the table. We cooked beef lasagna, macaroni scoutels with hams in the middle, some sausages. Everything with a lot amount of cheese.

"Oh My God! This is so mouth-watering!” DongHyuk is the first one to run to the table, followed suit by Bobby, YunHyeong-hyung, and JunHoe. “Whoaaa. It looks delicious!” JinHwan-hyung, suddenly appears after spending time with his ‘YuMi-chan’ the whole time. “Done texting ‘YuMi-chan’, hyung?” JunHoe asked; emphasizing on ‘YuMi-chan’. JinHwan-hyung’s face is suddenly red; he is obviously not a good liar. “A—ani. What are you guys talking about?” “Awww. We read how she wrote that ‘JinHwan-kun, Fighting!’ with a heart emoticon behind it.” Bobby cooed, smiling cheekily with JunHoe.

“Shut up~ Oh! Did EunAe cook this?” He tried to change the topic. He quickly got a plate and took a lot amount of the lasagna to his plate. “Whooo. Western food~” He said before entering the spoon full of beef, cheese, and pasta inside his mouth.

“Is it good, hyung?” YunHyeong-hyung asked. “Hyung?” He asked again when no answers are coming out from Jin-hyung. Does it… Tasted weird?

Not answering, JinHwan-hyung put another spoonful to his mouth, then shoving another spoonful to YunHyeong, then Bobby, DongHyuk, not forgetting JunHoe. They all got the same reaction.

“Guys? Is it weird?” B.I asked this time. The both of us watched them silently chewing the food, to the way their Adam’s apples would bob up and then down from swallowing. Still, no one speaks a word.

“EunAe…” “Yeah?” I looked to each and every of their expression. It seems blank? Does is tasted really weird? Maybe too much garlic in it?

“THIS IS A MASTER PIECE!” Bobby shouted, excited. I smiled happily, relieved. “Actually guys, B.I did most of the work. I just told him what to do.”

“EEEH?”

“It’s true. I washed and cut everything.” He grinned. The seven of us are eating happily while chit-chating about random stuffs when we heard the door bell.

“I’ll just get it.” I said, getting from my seat. If it’s any fans whatsoever I could just tell them I am the co-manager, as simple as that. I opened the door, expecting someone to be there, but in fact, there is no one there, even on the hallways. Everything seems quiet. Maybe… Just some kids joking around? I was just about to close the door and get back to eating when my eyes caught a brown shoe box with yellow ribbon tied to it.

 

“To: Our Oppa-deul.”

 

I read the front of the card, and then open the inside. “A piece of me to you. PKM.”

Huh? A piece of them? I wanted to open the box but I hesitated a bit. It just felt weird. If this really is a gift from fans, they will just hand it to the boys personally like they always do. Nevertheless, I pull the ribbon slowly and lift the lid. The smell of iron reaches my nose… This smells like… Blood? I quickly lift the rest of the lid, curious of what’s inside the mysterious box.

My hunch is right.

It is blood.

To be exact, it is menstruation blood.

Inside the box, there is a used pad, with fresh blood on it. This must be the sasaeng’s work. They know where the boys life, it’s no secret. The thing is, how did they get up here? Doesn’t the security catch them? Don’t they realize there are security cameras inside?

Wait… Security cameras! I can track them if I can get to the camera. I’ll just ask YuMi-eonni to take care of it. I quickly close the lid, tying it back with the ribbon, as if untouched. The boys must not know about this. They can get paranoid if they know the sasaeng are already this close to them. I need to move fast.

I get back inside their dorm, hiding the box inside the shoe cabinet. I’ll just need to take it out on my way home. “Ae, who’s at the door?” YunHyeong-hyung asked. “Eo? Just some random kid trying to joke around. I kind of lecture him a bit.” I smiled. Hope he would buy my acting off. “Is that so? Must be some kid from the floor above us. He is always noisy when we met him on the elevator.” Bobby added. A kid from the level above them? Good thing there is such coincidence.

I continue eating, joking around with them like nothing is wrong. The boys played a game where the looser needs to wash the dishes. JinHwan-hyung and YunHyeong-hyung lost, they always did anyway. We all decided to go by movies, the boys wanted to watch an action movie, so I just go with it.

I can’t concentrate on the movie. My mind keeps running of to the box. PKM. Is it some kind of sign? Initial? The culprit’s initial is PKM? Uugggh~ Why did this kind of ‘Sasaeng’ thing even existed? Don’t they have anything better to do? At least if you want to support your Idols, do it in a healthy way. My trails of thought were cut of when I feel my phone buzz.

 

‘Unbeatable Single Man’

 

Huh? Why would B.I message me?

‘Ya Nappeun Gizibe! I know you are hiding something so you better spill it out to me! Don’t lie! I can read you as well as you can read me. Kkk.’

I glanced at him who is sitting on the other end of the couch, eyes on the movie intently. I quickly send him a reply.

‘What are you talking about? Just continue watch the movie.’

He replies back in no time.

‘I know you are hiding something *smirk* Don’t lie, Ae. I know the others buy it off, but not me. You are spacing out. What are you thinking?’

I sighed. Damn this guy for being too observant sometimes but also oblivious at other times. Why must you be observant at this time? Why?

I got up from the couch, heading to the kitchen, passing through B.I. I shot him a look; I think he got what I mean. I pretend to take a drink and then head to the front door. I quickly put on my shoes and grab the box, heading out. I waited on the hallways for B.I to come out a few moments after.

“Ya, what’s up?” He asked, looking a tad concerned. “Can we talk somewhere else? I know this is already out of the dorm, but they might just walk out.” I answered. I really don’t want them to know about this. It even scares me. How will they react?

“Fine. Follow me.” B.I walks in front of me, taking a turn at the corner of the hall. He walks to the emergency stairs, and then climbs it up until we reached the top.

“Roof top?” He holds the door for me as I walk to the top of the building. I don’t even realize it is already in the evening; the sky color is a mixture of yellow, orange, and red, with a tint of blue. The sun is about to set.

“Whoaaa~ The sky is beautiful!” I exclaimed as I run to the edge of the building, reaching my hands out. I love sceneries like this the most. It felt like you become one with the sun. “It is.” B.I comes up from behind me, copying my act, reaching his hands for the sun.

“Let me guess. You like to go here when you feel lonely then write lyrics.”

“How do you know?”

“Typical. You are always like that.”

“Psssh~ It means you are lonesome person too to know how another lonesome person act.”

“Ya! Don’t start to annoy me!”

“Am not!”

“You are!”

“Am not.”

“You—Well, now that I think about it again, you are partly true. I love going to roof tops and watch the sky.”

I expected him to mock me or to snap back at me, or at least, stuck his tongue out with a mehrong face. But instead, he smiled. The genuine kind of smile like the one he gave to HanByul. The kind that I like the most.

“I know. That’s why I brought you here.”

Aisssh~ Heart. Stop it! Don’t start beating this fast! You are too loud! Too loud!

“What is it that’s in your mind?” His question snaps me back. In my mind? Eo? Eo! The box!

“B.I, when I show you this, please don’t freak out, okay? Just stay calm.” I asked. He just nods. “The thing is, when I opened the door earlier, there really is no one there.” “I knew you were lying about the kid. Continue on.” “I did think it was a kid playing around though, until I found this.” I handed him the box. He stares at it for a while before shaking it slightly, guessing the contain inside. “It’s light.” “Open it. But don’t freak out, okay?”

He pulls the ribbon, lifting the lid slowly, and then taking a peek at what’s inside. His eyes largen in shock, but then he maintain his calm, closing the lid back and putting the box on the ground.

“Ae?”

“Yeah?”

“What is that…”

“What do you think it is?”

“Is it what I think it is?”

“Yes.”

He sighs, sliding his body down the wall, now sitting on the concrete ground. I followed, sitting next to him. “I don’t want you guys to know, because it scares me as well. I’ll try my best to track the culprit. I hope the security camera can help.” “Ae, the security camera is under repairation.” “Huh?” “The building gave us a notice this morning. The security camera is not working until the day after tomorrow at the maximum. There is no trace of the culprit.”

.

Aissssh~ Why does it have to be now? “I’ll find a way.” “No. We will find a way. It is not just you. It’s us from the beginning.” He gave me that smile again. I smiled back in return. “Well, now that we’re here, let’s write some lyrics!” He fished out a pen and crumpled papers from his jacket pocket. When did he stuff that in? “You bought a pen? And papers? Here?” I asked. This guy is unbelievable. Even on his day off, all he can think about is music? “Yeah! Help me write the lyrics!” He beams excitedly, grinning and nodding his head up and down. The five-year-old kid inside him has decided to come out.

“Me? Help you with lyrics?” I pointed my index finger at myself. Me? Lyrics? Nah~

“I know you like to read and write poems, Ae. Come on! I know you had some kind of linguistic talent inside of you. I’ve read your poems.”

My… what? My poems? Wait… Does he mean… “I saw it on your desk.” He shrugged, like it is nothing important at all. My eyes largen. On my desk? He must have read those when he was on my apartment. But… But that poem is about him. Oh . Oh no. No! Aaaaarrgghh. What should I do?

“I like your choose of vocabulary. Like there is some kind of… I don’t know. Like I can feel how you feel? I can’t describe it with words. It’s like a literature. I know I don’t read a lot, but it really is great.”

I wrote a poem about how I love his smile. It is just about his smile but I wrote it like… In twenty long lines or something? I don’t really remember.

“So help me with the lyrics! The song is about the love for our fans, so you should know this kind of feeling well.” He then fished out his phone to show me the MR. The song is really catchy. I can totally relate to the ‘loving your fan’ feeling too. The melody feels warm, like when you hear it, you are overwhelmed with some kind of warm feeling. It made me smile just by hearing it.

“Is it… okay?” He asked. “I like it. I know I am not an expert or anything, but the middle part seems a bit bland.” “Yeah! I feel that too. I’m thinking of the new melody.” “Eung.” “You are the first one to hear this, though.” “Jinjja?” He nods.

“Help me with the lyrics!” “But—” “Please?” Ughh. Stop giving me those eyes, B.I. You look too adorable with those eyes.

“Fine.”

“Yeeaaayy! EunAe you are the best!” His arm suddenly hugs my side, making me gasp in shock. “Yeah~ Whatever. Now let me go.”

“No.”

“B.I.”

“The others hug you too! I also wanted a hug!”

Aissshh~ This kid. He is being oblivious right now. Can’t you hear my chest drumming like crazy? Are you deaf or something? “B.I~ Don’t be so childish.” “But… No one hugs me! You hugged everyone but me! DongHyuk hugs you everytime, Bobby-hyung too. JinHwan-hyung pats your head and YunHyeong-hyung sometimes ruffles your hair. Heck, even JunHoe likes to back hug you. You share skinship with everyone but me.” He pouts.

 

Because I am afraid, B.I

 

I know when we get closer and more comfortable around each other, the harder it is for me to let you go. Because… I need to let you go. I know it sounds impossible; even for me. But I really need to let you go.

Our ending is already clear from the start doesn't it?

You were never mine from the start.

 


 

Author's Note:

Hey Guys~

I am not going to speak to much in this Author's Note. Kkk.

There is not much to spazz on lately~ I really hope there will be iKON TV or something. Aigoo~ YG. Why are you so good at trolling fans' feelings? I read somewhere that YG is declining some schedules or interviews because he is busy with iKON's debut, but all the netizens comment be like;

"He said something similar about WINNER's Debut."

"I thought WINNER is going to debut straight after WIN ended. But they ended up debuting in August next year."
 

Yeaaah~ Something like that.

Well, we all know that Papa YG is the best troll among all trolls, so we need to be patient and wait for the boys' debut! Kkk.

...and...

Since this is my last year, I actually need to pay more attention at exams and things, so I don't know if I can update that much for you guys. I am sorry~ Blame school! #slap

Wish me luck for my upcoming exams! Hope I am not becoming a walking corpse once the exams started. Kkk.

I love you guys ^.^