Suffocating Fan-Girls

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“Then my ice cream ran out, but too lazy to move, so I started eating from your cone.”

“But I really like the flavor so I refuse to give it too you and continue eating it.”

“But I am too persistent at annoying you too, so I still ate it.”

“That’s how your lips met.” We both turn our head to the third voice that we heard. Don’t tell me that…

“I am awake just now, DongHyuk-ie, and you are sooo dead. D-E-A-D. Dead. Wait until I tell JinHwan-hyung about this.” Bobby-hyung smirks.

I am doomed.

 


 

CHAPTER 18 -- SUFFOCATING FAN-GIRLS

 

Author’s POV

The night went by peacefully, for EunAe that is. DongHyuk got less sleep because he is lectured by his team mates. As expected, Bobby nag at him because he stole the first kiss from ‘his girl’, JinHwan gave him quite a long speech on how to be respectful and responsible towards girls. He is talking as if the cute-makane got his best friend pregnant; while the reality was far from that. YunHyeong was asking him a lot of question regarding when, where, why, and how it could happen. HanBin is still in daze, he slept in early, while JunHoe looked at him in the eyes as if he has betrayed the guy.

They are all sitting inside the practice room, waiting for Manager-hyung and their now-co-manager, EunAe. It is eight in the morning and DongHyuk still feel sleepy. “Good morning, guys.” Manager-hyung entered the room; the others get up and bow to him. EunAe followed from behind.

“Dong-ah, you okay? You look like you’re out of it today.” Manager-hyung asked.

“I’m… Okay, Manager-hyung. Just… sleepy.” He answered, half yawning.

“Okay… Sleep more in the car later.” He answered back with a nod.

“Dong-ah, were they being hard on you?” The girl asked, approaching her best friend. She is speaking in low volume, enough for only the two of them to hear. “Kind of… JinHwan-hyung lectured me a lot. My Dad never scold me that long.” He chuckles.

“Sorry… I shouldn’t bring it up yesterday.” “It is fine, Ae. It’s good that they know it. At least I win from them at one aspect. Kkk.~” She sneers. “Stupid.”

“Okay guys, the photos are going to be released to the internet starting from tomorrow. They are going to released individual pictures one by one, then the group pictures. I think they are going to release HanBin and EunAe’s at the last day. By the way, good job, EunAe-yang! It must have been hard for you because HanBin doesn’t brush his teeth often.” Their manager laughs. “Really?” EunAe responded. The others nod their heads in sync.

“But it’s okay yesterday. He doesn’t taste weird or anything.”

Bobby and YunHyeong began hollering, JinHwan patting the leader’s back. “See? I told you guys I am not that lazy.” HanBin defended himself. “Okay, okay, you can continue this matter later. I am going to explain today’s schedule to you, okay?” Manager-hyung interrupts.

“SBS wanted you guys to appear for a special performance in Inkigayo. They wanted you guys to perform a medley song, but they requested ‘SINO SIJAK’ to be one of it.” The boys nod their heads with a hum. “They are going to invite a lot of artist for a technical meeting today. A lot of companies only send their representatives or only the manager, but I know you guys wanted to take part of the performances also, so I think it will be good if you are presence.”

EunAe takes out a small note book from her bag and began scribbling things down. She jotted down things they are going to do today. From the meeting at SBS Building, having Lunch at Bobby’s Aunt’s restaurant, then they are going to make an appearance at Yoo InNa’s Radio at KBS.

“EunAe, I think some fan-girls are going to be at SBS at KBS, since they hang out there a lot, so I want you to do your job properly, okay?” “Understood, Manager-nim!” She smiled while giving a salute.

“Great. Let’s head to the van now.”

 


 

The day went by smoothly, now they are seated inside a broadcasting room for Yoo InNa’s Radio. The commercial ended, and now Yoo InNa is opening up.

“Welcome, B.I, JinHwan, YunHyeong, Bobby, DongHyuk, and JunHoe!” She cheered as the boys also cheer and clap to make the atmosphere festive. “Annyeonghaseyo!” They greet in sync.

“It is really fascinating to see you guys off stage like this. Usually, when I see you on stage, you guys were all cool and seemed a bit… scary? But meeting you guys in person feels really different.” Yoo InNa trails.

“They are actually really nice and dorky.” She chuckles. “So, what are you guys up to lately?” “We are preparing for year-end’s performance, also doing interviews.” HanBin answers. “Ahh~ I see." She paused, and then continues, "You guys are really popular! I heard ‘Wait for Me’ a lot when I go shopping. If it was played in a lot of stores like that, it means you guys are going to win the ‘Song of the Year’ award.”

The boys just grin while replying humbly. “Ahhh~ Aniyoo~”

“You guys are just trying to be humble~”

“Aniyoo~”

“Aigoo. These kids. Well, we will be back after ‘’, so stay tuned!”

 


 

“You guys did well today!” EunAe beams, smiling widely while patting the boy’s back. “Thank you, Ae!” Bobby answers back, grinning.

“Aah~ Right… About that…”

“What?”

“You know what guys? You should just se it for your self.”

EunAe then shifts her body to the side, so the boys can see what is ahead of them. Lots of fan-girls pushing each other too see them up-close. Some of them are taking out their gadgets, taking fan-cams or just pictures of them. “They must have been informed that you guys are here and quickly come to the KBS’ Building.” The girl trails. “It is not that hard to pass them as long as they can be cooperative.” Manager-hyung added. “I kind of doubted that, hyung.” EunAe replies. “As weird as it sounds, yeah, I kind of doubted it too.” HanBin also added.

“Just… Walk in a straight line, okay guys? The van is not parked that far away, so I hope this won’t take too much time.” The boys nod, and then she continues, “Look out for each other, call me if anything happens. Manager-hyung will be in the front since he has to start the car fast, then you guys, and then me in the back.”

“But… Ae… That is the most uncomfortable and dangerous position. You can get dragged back.” YunHyeong sounded his opinion. The girl only smiles. “Yun-hyung, I am your ‘bodyguard’ remember? I am supposed to get hurt instead of you guys.” “But…” “I am going to be fine. I won’t die or anything. If they are good fans, they will let us get through easily. What I am afraid of is that of those sasaeng fans are there with them…” She sighed, but still manages to put up a smile.

“Well, whatever. That’s what I am here for anyway.” She continues, looking out to those fan-girls. Manger-hyung came up to her, patting her shoulder. “Your first task as their bodyguard starts here.” She replied with a confident nod. “Let’s go.”

Their manager soon opened the glass door, the boys trailing in a line like EunAe instructed earlier; Manager-hyung, then starting with JinHwan to JunHoe in age orders, and then EunAe in the furthest back. They are walking step by step slowly, everything seems fine at first, but then the mass begins to push each other, in a direction so that the eight of them are squeezed more in between. The line began to get disorganized; they are slowly pulled a part.

Manager-hyung is in front with JinHwan and YunHyeong, closest to the car. Bobby and HanBin in the middle; completely stuck. DongHyuk, JunHoe, and EunAe are left behind.

Things are beginning to get out of control; a lot of pushing and pulling, the fan-girls are flashing their cameras to the boys, not forgetting to take a picture of EunAe, too. The girl can hear murmurs of them asking about her identity, because she looks to young to be their manager. But she only shrugs it off.

Carefully, she walks slowly toward the van with the other two, mumbling ‘Excuse Me’ and ‘Please move a bit’ to the girls. But they won’t listen. EunAe is beginning to get angry; she hated it the most when people don’t listen. Her mom is strict about it, so the habit of listening to people just grew on her.

“Ae, we can’t move any further. What to do?” DongHyuk whispered, loud enough for her to hear. The crowds are getting worse. They began to pull the boys’ arms. “I sometimes wonder why there are no securities at time like this.” She scoffs.

“Take deep breaths, Ae. Don’t blow.” She says to her self, doing mind control. She was just about to continue walking when her body is again; being pushed and pulled, to the right and to the left.

“Aissh~ I’ve had enough, all right. I have said it nicely and you guys don’t listen.”

She sighs for the umpteenth time, and then she stops on her track.

“YAAAH!”

Her voice comes out almost like a roar, making the whole venue suddenly became silent. DongHyuk and JunHoe flinch. “Everybody listen to me. Please make a line for us to walk to the van.” She instructed. “Do it quickly, while I am asking for this nicely.” She smirked, annoyed.

“Yes. Thank you for your consideration. Please move to the right side. You, with the glasses, yes, you; please move to the left, you are technically squishing JunHoe.” She gives instruction as the crowd begins to dissolve, forming an empty space in the middle for them to walk in. “Thank you for being cooperative guys.” She smiled.

The guys then walk quickly to the car, afraid of what the fan girls will do next.

“Eonni, you are really cool!”

“Oppa-deul, we are so sorry.”

“We will do better next time.”

Fans’ screams can be heard from outside the car. “Gosh. They listen to you realy well.” Manager-hyung says, driving away from the Building.

“That’s why we choose her as our personal bodyguard, hyung! She is really cool!” DongHyuk beams.

“Total Nappeun Gizibe.” HanBin added.

“Good thing I listened to you guys.” Their laughter fills the car.

 


 

EunAe’s POV

Manager-hyung just dropped the boys to their dorms, and now I am packing my things and ready to head back to my place.

“EunAe-ya, wait.” Bobby stops me.

“What?”

“Don’t go home yet!” YunHyeong-hyung joins.

“I feel something is not quite right here… Are you guys planning something?” I ask. When Bobby looks at you with a mischievous grin, and when YunHyeong acts like nothing is wrong; then they are planning something. “Geez. Why you always caught us? It’s no fun.” They slumps their shoulders down.

“Just spill it boys.”

“Yes, Maaam~” Bobby answers back jokingly. “Okay… So… Do you remember what day it is?” YunHyeong-hyung continues.

“Today… October 21st… Why…” I furrowed my brows, thinking. What is it with today? Is it an important day? Someone’s birthday? Birthday? BIRTHDAY! Oh my God!

“Tommorrow is B.I’s Birthday!” I exclaimed. “Ssssst! Tone down a bit.”

“Ooops. He doesn’t know anything, right? Sorry~” I look around to notice that actually the living room is empty. I think the others are keeping B.I busy for the time. “What are you guys planning to do?”

“Since he is going to be 20 in a few hours, we decided to celebrate his party differently this time.” YunHyeong-hyung explained. “Different how?” I ask, only to be answered with a grin from the two.

“We are going to take him to a night club.”

 


 

Here I am.

I don’t know why I am doing this. Again.

First, I agreed to be their model for NONA9ON, now this. I don’t know why they have to take me to the club with them. I know I have never been into one, but that is not a good excuse to drag me with them! Like, seriously? DongHyuk, JunHoe, and B.I also haven’t entered such places. Only Bobby, I think. But… Being the good friend I am, I cannot decline their favor.

So… Here I am. Wrapped in the black dress YunHyeong-hyung gave me, with red heels from DongHyuk-ie, and matching jacket from Bobby. They even forced me to put on make up since they never see me wearing cosmetics before. Psssh~ Those dorky boys.

Thirty minutes before midnight which is B.I’s Birthday. I take a deep breath; not lying, I do feel nervous. The boys are waiting for me to finish fixing my self in the basement. I wonder how their reaction will be. Will they laugh at me? Or will it be the complete opposite?

I was about putting my heels on when I heard the door bell rings. I quickly turned all the lights off, and open the door.

“EunAe-ya, are you do—” B.I is at the door, he stop in the middle of his sentence I step out of my apartment.

“Whoaaa. You…”

“I know I look weird. No need to say it.”

“NO! You’re not weird at all.”

“You don’t have to play nice, B.I.”

“I am not~ I am serious, okay? I am not trying to annoy you or anything. Truthfully, you look stunning.”

Thump.

Aigoo~ Quiet, heart. If you are this loud, he will hear you. “Thank… You…” I answered back. “But… Don’t use make up too often.” He continues. “Huh? Why?”

“Nothing. You ready? Let’s go!”

 

HanBin’s POV

Stupid me. I don’t like her wearing a lot of make up because I like her plain make-up-free face. Furthermore, she look more attractive with those eyeliners on, I am afraid other guys will hit on her. What am I going to do if that happens?

We divided into three cars; JinHwan-hyung, DongHyuk, and YunHyeong-hyung in one car.

JunHoe is with Bobby-hyung. I wonder how awkward the two would be. I think it would turn out funny, though.

“B.I, I think about this earlier…” I turn my head to EunAe. “We are going to a club? You guys?  I mean… You guys just debuted, you are barely legal, and you wanted to go to the night club? Isn’t it too dangerous?” I grin widely. “Aigoo~ Being considerate again, I see?” I chuckle seeing her reaction. “Don’t worry, Ae. Bobby-hyung said there is this club where only people with invitation can enter. It is usually accosted by people from the entertainment world, like singers, actors…”

“People who wanted privacy. I get it.” She mumbles.

I was driving the car while she sits calmly on the passage seat; we are reaching an intersection, the red light is on. Suddenly her phone buzzed. “Oh! It’s midnight! Happy Birthday, B.I!”

She shows me her most radiant smile, the one that always manage to take my breath away. She is already pretty, and she becomes more pretty when she smiles brightly like this. “Thank you.” I replied, smiling with the same intensity.

“You know, since I never really give you any present—”

“You gave the snapback I’ve been looking for. Also shoes when we were younger. Oh! A book! You told me to read more since I don’t read a lot. You said I can get more inspiration to my lyrics if I read.”

“You remember all that?” Psssh~ Of course I do. I will always remember things about you Ae, even to the most unimportant one. “But… I wanted to give you something too this year! So what do you want?”

 

You.

I want you.

 

“I don’t know.”

Stupid HanBin, why can’t I say it?

“You must want something, B.I. I know! Mention one type of food you wanted to eat!  I’ll buy it for you~ Or you want me to buy you a lot of potato chips? You still like the green one, right?” She remembered? I do like the green one. But… No… I should make the most of this wish.

“Stay by my side.” I murmurs.

I watch her went blank for a second. She must have think that she heard it wrong, right? But I really wanted you to stay by my side forever, Ae. “Pardon?” “Uh…” I fake a cough. “I mean… Be my fan! Yeah! Be my fan forever! Promise me you will be my biggest fan ever! If people ask who your favorite member is, you must say that it’s B.I! No more JunHoe!”

I know I might sound childish, but… I do get a little jealous every time she says she likes JunHoe better. I know I at games; I am the black hole when it comes to those stuffs. But seeing her calling him ‘Junnie’ and being all happy about it makes me feel jealous. A little.

Okay, a lot.

EunAe only responded with laughter, her hand hugging her tummy. “What’s so funny?  You asked me what I wanted. That’s what I wanted!” She answers when her laughter goes down, “I mean… You sound so silly… Like…” Then she laughs again. I sighed. EunAe, please look at me in a serious way sometimes, okay?

“Sorry… Is that all? Me being a B.I-fan?” I nod eagerly. I cannot confess to her. Not now.

“Okay! I’ll be your biggest fan than!”

“Jinjja?”

“Yup!”

“Promise?”

“Promise! I will be your fan even if you have a lot of scandals, even after you have a girlfriend, even after you marry and have a kid. I’ll still be your fan until you tell me to stop being one.”

 


 

EunAe’s POV

I really wished you never wish that wish, B.I. Because I… I don’t want to be your fan. I don’t want to be just a fan to you. I wanted to be more than that… But since you asked for it, I will do my best at being your fan. Admiring you only from far away should not be that hard, right? I’ve manage to do that after all these years without getting caught by you.

The car soon halted, we get out of it and went to the back door of the building where the others are waiting for us.

“EunAe?” JinHwan-hyung asks. He looks like he almost cannot recognize me. I don’t look that different with make up on, maybe it’s just my style.

“Annyeong guys~” “You look cool!” DongHyuk jumped up and down. “See? That’s why I bought her the dress. It is useful for an occasion like this!” YunHyeong-hyung exclaimed.

“Yeah~ Thank you for the cloths, guys. Soo… Where are we heading to?” Bobby then shows his wide grin once again. Opening the door, he leads us to an elevator. It turns out that it is some kind of an underground club. The club is in the basement of the building, and the sound is reduced by a lot, so it seems like just an old building to people fro the outside. Genius.

He inserted the password, and soon the door in front of us opens. “It’s party time!” Bobby screams. The boys also hollered in excitement. They march to the dancing floor, shaking off all those stress from work.

“JunHoe? You are not joining them?” I asked, noticing that this giraffe is still standing beside me. “Noo~ I will stay with you.” Aigoo~ I know he wanted to join them. I can see it in his eyes. “I know you wanted to join them, Junnie. Just go.”

“But…”

“Go.”

“But what if there is a guy hitting on you?” I chuckle. Typical  JunHoe. “I’ll smack him really hard. Just go. I’ll be around here.”

I nod confidently, showing him not to worry. He gave me a small smile then jog to where the others are. They look so carefree right now, and it made me happy, too. I know they love their job, but everyone need a break, right? They are also human.

I wandered around the club for a while, before deciding to head to the restroom for a while. I finished my business quickly so the boys will not worry in case they are searching for me.

 

 “Lee EunAe.”

 

That voice. The voice that I never wish to hear. I am standing on the end of the restroom hall when I heard him call my name. I turned my body towards the source of that voice, putting a bare expression, as flat as I could ever put on. “After all this years, you have grown prettier…”

 


 

Author's Note:

Oh my gosh~ Guys  I am sooo sorry.

I told you guys that I am going to double update in the last chapter, but ended up not posting any more chapters, because... Well, there is this kind of school festival (?) going on in my school and I need to attend it from morning till it finish, around ten in the night, I think? So when I reached home, I am already drowned and fall straight to sleep. Kkk.

This chapter is a boring one, I admit. I wanted to show how scary can EunAe be. Kkk. I just need some kind of plot to not make the whole thing awkward.

Who is the guy talking to EunAe? *smirks*

Well, I seriously am going to double update today so you guys will know soon~

By the way, thank you for al the subbies ^.^ *hug you guys*