Is This a Date?

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“You don’t mind if I borrowed your best friend for the whole day right, DongHyuk-ie?” He asked. “Not at all, hyung. Just get her back to the dorm before ten.”

“Are you my dad or something? What do you mean bring me back to the dorm?” I am now crossing my arms in front of my chest while facing my best friend.

“Just let HanBin do the talking, EunAe-ya.” JinHwan said, adding more questions to my head. “Now off you go~” YunHyeong pushed me lightly, then I stood up, trailing B.I to whenever he’s going to take me.

 


CHAPTER 5 -- IS THIS A DATE?

HanBin’s POV

We both sat inside the car awkwardly. She looked really pretty today. Wait. Scratch that. She looked pretty every day. She was wearing a knee-length black skirt, white top with black blazer, black high-heels. Black and white, huh? Her already shoulder-length hair was tied up in a neat bun. She used lip gloss, I think? She didn’t use any make up usually because she has sensitive skin. She changed a lot since I first saw her. She looked more mature than she used to. She always looked mature; though. That was one of many reasons why I liked her.

Her pimples seemed to lessen. Even though she had pimples on her face, I found it cute. She’s a human after all. Her eyes… It’s always pretty. When you looked at them, it’s like you can see her real emotion from it. She’s good at keeping a poker face on. But if you knew her long enough, you would notice whether her emotions were real or not.

EunAe is the kind of girl that rarely asked for help. She would do things by herself first. It’s like she’s putting this kind of ‘I don’t need you’ or ‘I can do things by myself’ attitude. She’s independent. Unlike any other girls I’ve met, she liked horror movies; she was not fond by bloody scenes, though. Her favorite colors are red and orange.

She’s an omnivore. I mean, like, she literally ate everything. She’s not a picky eater. Whatever she wants to eat, she will eat it, not caring about diets or stuffs. She did sometimes ask DongHyuk-ie whether she looked fat or not, which he always answer that she didn’t, but in the end, she still eats what she wants to eat. DongHyuk-ie is right, even with those decent clothes on; every sane guy could tell that she had a great body. Did I just make myself sound erted? Oh my God. Did I just space out again?

EunAe was still sitting quietly, as if she was thinking about something. I am always surprised by how much I know about this girl, even though we only knew each other for about two years only. We just… Clicked. The air between us felt thicker and heavier. I can even hear the tick and tock of my wrist watch. Should I speak first?

“EunAe-ya.”

She suddenly snaps her head towards my direction, obviously shocked.

“N-Ne?” See~ She was thinking about something. Maybe she was spacing out too. Perhaps… She was thinking about me like how I was thinking about her earlier? Pshhh. Naah~ Dream on, Kim HanBin. She possibly had someone who liked her already. Maybe she had a boyfriend back in Germany?

“Yah, B.I, why would you call me if you didn’t want to say anything?” Her voice made me divert my gaze from the road to her.

“I was just wondering, were you thinking about something? You seemed a bit… off.” Her eyes were now on the road in front of us.

“Yeah… I was thinking… Is it okay for you to do this? I mean… You are an idol, B.I. Going somewhere just the two of us in broad daylight would seem wrong.” I chuckled to what she said. She is frowning now, and it looks cute.

“What? Am I wrong? Idols are often caught dating this way, you know. They are too oblivious to their surroundings. There might be paparazzi outside trailing on us now.” I laughed harder after hearing what’s on her mind. She’s afraid of ruining my reputation because we might get caught and start a scandal?

“You’re afraid we might be caught in a scandal together?” She nods her head, diverting her gaze back to me.

“You don’t like me that much? Because I don’t mind get caught in a scandal with you.” I said, still smiling like a retarded kid.

“WHAAAT? It’s not that I hate you or anything! I cared for your reputation okay. I know how hard it is for you guys to reach this far.”

Her words struck my heart. I know she cared a lot about us, but she never really talked about it, not this way. She would just bring us food in the middle of practice if she was not busy, or hang out with us sometimes. She never really talked about how she felt about us. This is the first time I heard her say it.

“Thanks, EunAe-ya. But you don’t have to worry or anything. We won’t get caught.”

“Jeongmal? You do know that we are riding a Bentley Continental GT, right? This car attracts people’s attention, B.I. How could we not get caught?” EunAe lifted her eyebrow up with a questioning expression.

(a/n: There's a link to the car. You guys can click it ^.^ Also, it's one of many GD's car. Kkk.)

“The car’s windows are also a one-way mirror, EunAe. I know this might sound crazy, but yeah, it is. YG provided their artist with this much of privacy. Just chill.” I explained to her while looking at the road ahead of me. I can bring myself to stare at this girl all day long, but we would get into a car crash if I did that while driving.

“One-way mirror? The one that you used inside the investigation room? Cool.”

“Yeah~ I know. I was amazed too when I first know about this. I think this is why Big Bang-hyungdeul seemed to be quite relaxed about dating.” After I said that, silence lingers around us once again. Why are we this awkward now? We usually aren’t this uncomfortable around each other.

“ Wait… This is only a few blocks away from my place. Are we going there now?”

“Yup. DongHyuk told me that you lived in an apartment now. Did your family sell your old house?” The car is now entering the basement parking area. It’s really quiet around here in this hour.

“No… It’s just… I wanted to live alone.” Her eyes suddenly looked dull, like she was thinking about a lot of things right now. Something seems to be bothering her. “Did I say something wrong?” I asked, looking right at her. The car has finally stopped now.

“No. It’s just… I’m sorry. Let’s not talk about this right now, okay? You drive here because you need to talk about something over my place, right?”

 


 

EunAe’s POV

His question set my mind wondering about my life before our family moved to Germany. That house was my mom’s house. She wanted to sell it, but I think that place holds too much memory to just be sold like that. I actually like living in Germany. The only problem was, I am not… Completely happy there. I didn’t have that many friends. My friends are all in Korea. By friends, I meant DongHyuk and the boys. Maybe some of my high-school eonnies. I didn’t have that many friends. I guess I’m not too much of a social type, then.

“EunAe-ya. Which floor is your apartment?” B.I’s voice snaps me back from my thoughts.

“The top floor.” I replied shortly.

This building only has fifteen floors. The top floor consists of two units. As you know, one is mine, while the others belong to an old lady. She lived with her grandson. We arrived at my floor a minute after. I quickly enter the password.

“Soooo. Now that we’re here, Leader-nim, your purposes of bringing me here are?” I asked the now red haired guy behind me, while he put off his shoes.

“Hey! That’s rude. You are supposed to ask me whether I wanted to drink something or not.” He only pouts, pretending to be mad. This guy. He’s like a really mean and strict leader when you watch him on WIN, but the truth is, he’s just too dorky. I laugh watching his antics.

“What? Why are you laughing? I’m thirsty here. Some mineral water would be good.”

Tck~ It’s a good thing you’re the leader of my favorite boy group right now, B.I. If not, maybe I’ll kick your out of my place because of bossiness.

“Yes, Leader-nim. Anything you said.” After I hand him the mineral water he ordered, we both sat in silence. I sighed out of boredom, looking at my lap, like I used to do when I don’t know what to do. Why are we this awkward towards each other? We aren’t usually like this. His cough breaks my train of thoughts. I look up, meeting his gaze.

“Manager-hyung wants this whole ‘bodyguard’ thing undercover, EunAe-ya.” I frowned.

“Huh? Seriously? Why? Other idols have bodyguards too.” B.I leaned back, getting comfortable with my couch.

“I know. Manager-hyung said that it might be dangerous for us if our fans knew that we hired a girl as our bodyguard. I know that you really hate gender discrimination, but it is not about that…”

I cut B.I’s words before he could finish. I know a lot about this matter. I care about the boys’ career a lot. If their fan-girls found out that their personal bodyguard, someone that stay by their side maybe almost 24/7 is a girl, moreover a fan of them –well, I am counted as a fan, didn’t I?— they will go wild. I am a fan-girl myself so I really understand this matter.

“I understand. The fans will go wild. So what am I supposed to do next?” My answer made the guy in front of me smiled. What is it with this guy? He’s all serious and then bossy and then serious again, and now he’s back to his dorky side.

“Good. Now that you agreed to this whole undercover thing, I, as the Leader, and the most fashionable person in the group…”

“There’s still Bobby, you know? He got swag written all over his clothing. He even walks in a swag manner.” I cut him off. Wait. Since when did I like to cut people when they were talking?

“Don’t cut me~” He whined while doing the ‘lasagna dance’. That was what you guys called it, right? Lasagna Dance. Or was it ‘Spaghetti Dance’? Meh~ You got what I mean anyway.

“Soo. Now your job is change to something more comfortable, and follow me to where I am ‘gonna take you.” I only nod, and then I left him there in my living room, while I change to a pair of jeans and loose T-shirt.

“Whaat? What are you wearing?” What’s wrong? At least my cloth is decent enough.

“T-shirt?” I answered back.

“Change it.”

“Why?”

“You are going to go out with me, EunAe-ya. Kim HanBin, the rapper of YG. You can’t be seen with me looking like that.” Go out? Is it just me or this kind of sounds like a date invitation? Still, I retorted back to him.

“What? This is decent enough, Mr. Fashionista.”

“Aigoo~ Just come here.” With that, he dragged me to my own bedroom and start looking through my closet.

“Hey! This is a violation of privacy!” He doesn’t listen and just continue searching.

“Wha- HEY! DON’T YOU DARE OPEN THAT DRAWER!”

My voice came out deep, almost growling. “Why?” He asked, innocently. This stupid guy. I know we clicked a lot and all, even though I feel that we are awkward around each other after two years I’ve been out of Korea, he still manage to annoy me a lot. He’s opening the drawer right now. Wait… What?  Oh my gosh he’s going to see…

“YAH! B.I! I TOLD YOU NOT TO OPEN THIS!”

I blocked the drawer out of his view; our bodies are really close to each other now. Not to mention that this is inside my walking closet. I held my breath, nervous. “What is inside that drawer, EunAe?” Still being the annoying-dorky-bossy guy he is, he asked me with a smirk.

“Are you hiding stuffs?”

“NO.”

“Let me see then.”

“Nooo~” I whined. It’s a good thing I don’t get mad easily around him. “What are you hiding, EunAe-ya? It’s something bad, isn’t it?”

“Shut up, B.I. Just continue what you were doing earlier. Just don’t touch this drawer, okay? Anything but this drawer.” I know it might sound weird to him, but yeah, he cannot see what’s inside.

“I’m not going to move from my spot if you don’t tell me what’s inside it. Are you perhaps hiding there?!” What the f-- What’s with this guy?

“What? Nooo. I don’t do stuffs like that. I don’t get any benefits from it anyway. Just move along, okay?” My heart is beating too fast right now. My closet feels smaller each second. The air around me feels hotter, too. My feet feel like jelly right now. Just move, B.I. Move. My heart is going to blow any second.

“Okay. I’m not going to lay my hands on that drawer.” He finally said. I release my breath, glad that he changed his mind. He continues rummaging through my clothes. “You had fashionable stuffs, Ae. Why didn’t you use it? You could pass YG’s Fashion standard.” B.I keeps talking while I stood still, at the exact same spot, in front the drawer.

“Jeongmal? That’s fashionable? I just buy things because it looked pretty. There’s a fashion standard?” His eyes meet mine, as he pulls out a cropped tank tee and short jeans pants.

“Yeah, there’s a standard to it. I made those standards. Now wear this.” He hands me the clothing. “Can I wear legging or something? People will stare at my legs and it felt weird.” B.I now sits himself on the edge of my bed, his eyes wandering around my room.

“That is because you have nice legs, EunAe-ya. Now change to that, okay?”

 


 

 

Author’s POV

The boys minus HanBin are now sitting inside a cozy café near COEX mall area. It’s a good thing that today is not that crowded. They are aware enough of their popularity, so they decided to walk around business hours.

 “What are we doing here again, DongHyuk-ie?” Bobby asked, while sipping on his hot coffee.

“Aren’t you listening when I was explaining last night?” The younger one asked.“About that…” Bobby only grins, he was obviously not paying attention to DongHyuk last night.

“It’s October 17th today. EunAe’s Birthday is tomorrow.” JinHwan, being the responsible one, helped DongHyuk re-explain their plan to the rapper.

“Aaaah. Right. We are going to buy her gifts. One gift from each of us, right?” Bobby answered. “Yes, hyung.” DongHyuk replied shortly. “Can I just give her my autograph or something? I am her favorite member in the group, right?” JunHoe soon added, which cause the others to snicker.

“Eisshh. This kid. Stop being such a dork.” DongHyuk retorted back.

“What? Just because you’re her best friend doesn’t mean that you are her favorite member, too.”

“She likes me more, you know that.”

“Psshh~ Show off.”

“Stop being rude.”

“You’re not the boss of me, Kim DongHyuk.”

“Remember that I’m still older than you.”

“Yeah, by two months.”

“But I-”

“Cut it off, you two. You guys are always arguing about unimportant things. JunHoe, start talking to others nicely. DongHyuk, just please bear with him, okay?” The eldest cut their small quarrel. The two of them only replied with a small groan.

“Alright, let’s just get going now, guys, before HanBin finishes whatever he is doing now with EunAe.” YunHyeong said, getting up from the chair.

“Yeah~ Manager-hyung was like interrogating her earlier. He’s really against this idea when we first tell him.” JinHwan added, following the others towards the mall.

“Right! I wonder why he agreed to this…” Bobby joined the conversation. “HanBin-hyung talked to him last night. I think that Manager-hyung personally likes EunAe, too.” DongHyuk replied to his hyung’s question. “But all of this has to be undercover? Because he’s afraid that our fans will go wild?” YunHyong took his part, asking.

“I think so. Manager-hyung said that she needs to pretend as our co-manager or something like that.” The rapper added, telling the other about what he heard ‘accidentally’ the other night.

“Why can’t she pretend as my girlfriend or something, it sounds better than a co-manager.” He added after. “Aigoo~ This hyung. It will only make our fans go crazier. EunAe doesn’t like you that way anyway. She likes me better.” JunHoe, the blunt maknae added, grinning to his ear.

“It’s the same, stupid.” DongHyuk joined, adding more chaos to the quarrel they just started.

 


 

HanBin and EunAe are now back sitting next to each other inside the car. Silence lingers around them once again. EunAe sighed, sifting in her seat uncomfortably.

“Why are we this awkward around each other? We aren’t usually like this.” The girl finally said what’s on her mind, trying to initiate a conversation between them.

“Yeaah~ I felt that too.” HanBin’s words only make her feel bad. “It’s because of me right? Because I left? I’m sorry about that… I had reasons, B.I. On that day…” HanBin suddenly cut EunAe’s words. “Let’s… Talk about this some other times, okay? We’re doing fine just now. Talking about that will only bring our mood down. It’s a part of my fault too that we are awkward. I’m sorry.”

The girl smiled to what HanBin said. She felt relieved now. “Okay. Soo~ No more awkward times, deal?”

“Yeah. No more awkward times. By the way, I like the turquoise color.”

“Yeah I like that one t- Wait. Turquoise? WHAT THE FU-”

“Language, girl.”

“What? Who gave you permission to look through my undergarments? You said you wouldn’t touch the drawer…” Rather than mad, the girl felt embarrassed now.

“I didn’t say that. I said I wouldn’t lay my hands on it. I opened the drawer with my feet.” HanBin retorted back in an annoying manner. EunAe gasped. “It’s still the same, stupid. You got what I meant when I said not to touch it.” She punches the guy jokingly on the arm.

“HEY! I’m driving here!” HanBin diverted his gaze for a while to EunAe, who is now crossing her leg in annoyance.

“Shut uuuup~” She punches the guy on the arm for the second time, making the latter flabbergasted.

“What was the second one for?”

“You said I have nice legs earlier. That means you are checking out on my legs before. That’s what erted guys do.” She smirks.

“Wha- DongHyuk said you had a nice body, too. It means that he checked you out too. And it’s not that erted. Any straight guy would do that.” The guy tried to defend himself, smirking back at EunAe.

“That’s why I kicked him in the . You wanted me to kick your , too?” Her sentence made HanBin gulps. He knows how much that would hurt. The cute maknae often rants about it when the boys were laughing at him about the -kicking accident.

“Okay~ Sorry about looking through your undergarments. You could look trough mine to make it even.” EunAe laughs to what the leader said.

“It’s okay~ I’m not mad anymore. I don’t want to look through your undergarments, though. It felt weird.”

HanBin smiles happily, glad that he managed to make the girl laugh. Seeing her smile welled up his spirit. It might sound cheesy and obvious, but you will all feel like that when you fell in love, right?

 


 

Author's Note:

Here you go! The second update!

This chapter comes out super long, cliché, and weird. Yeah, I know. You can rant to me about it. I'm going to make HanBin's character annoying, but only if he's with EunAe. Kkk.

JunHoe and DongHyuk are really like that in real life, I think. Remember their prank camera to JinHwan? That's hilarious.

This is a pic of EunAe's clothes:)

Thank you for reading my fic!