I Like You, EunAe-ya

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“I agree with that. Remember this one time when he tried to use pick up line to you, EunAe-ya?”

“Which one?”

“My love for you is like…”

“A diarrhea…”

“CAUSE I CAN’T HOLD IT IN.”

Our laughter fills the car. We were laughing so hard that my stomach starts to ache. I even don’t realize that the lights are already green if it’s not for the honking cars behind us. It feels really good to spend times with her like the old times. I’m glad to have you back, EunAe.

 


 

CHAPTER 8 -- I LIKE YOU, EUNAE-YA

Author’s POV

The five of them are now inside their dorm, after saying goodbye to their HyeJi-noona when she got inside a taxi after their gift-hunting. They hide everything neatly, making sure that EunAe would never smell anything fishy.

“HanBin text me, he’s inside the elevator with EunAe. Everything is covered, right? Please don’t blow this up. Especially you, Bobby.” JinHwan warned their rapper. He’s always the one who got too excited over things, and the eldest worried that he might slip about the birthday surprise to EunAe. “Yeah. I got it, hyung.” The latter nods, sitting himself on the couch.

A few minutes later, they hear the front door opens, revealing their leader, and of course, the birthday girl.

“EunAe!” DongHyuk jumps in front of the girl suddenly, hugging her. “DongDong-ah. Why are you acting like a teenage girl? I was just gone for about…” The girl said as she counts with her fingers. “Six hours? You act like you haven’t seen me in forever. You can’t do this, DongHyuk-ah. What will your future girlfriend thinks?”

DongHyuk pouts. “I’ll still hug you anytime I want. It’s hard enough for me to share you to these stupid hyung-deul.” Bobby came up from behind DongHyuk, pulling him and EunAe apart. “EunAe is right, you can’t do this. She has her Junnie already. And what did you call us? Stupid?”

 DongHyuk grins, while EunAe eyed him an accusing look. She knew he must have done something that he shouldn’t. JunHoe, not knowing anything, comes to the living room from the kitchen, after hiding the cake inside the fridge. His eyes land on EunAe. It felt different when he sees her now. After admitting that he still likes the girl, and the others approval on their ‘relationship’, he doesn’t know how to face her again. He put his already sweaty palms inside his jacket’s pocket, not wanting to look too nervous.

“Hey.” His words come out firm, making all attention on him.

“JunHoe-ya, can I talk with you for a second?” EunAe grabs the boy’s arm, without waiting for his respond first. She dragged him inside the room which he shares with JinHwan and YunHyeong. The others are left agape, wondering what ‘the couple’ would do.

 


 

JunHoe’s POV

She suddenly grabs my arm. I know this is not our first skinship together, but my heart suddenly races. Aigoo~ What to do?

“Why did you drag me here?” I asked, as soon as we both get inside my room. “If I drag DongHhyuk here, the others would get more suspicious about the prank that you two made.” OMO! How did she know it was a prank?

“How… How did you know?”

“Because we all ‘97 Liners like to troll others.” Her words made me smile. “Now spill, Junnie.”

“I think your action really got to them. They really think that you are my girlfriend now.” I mumbled, but she’s still able to hear it. “MW--! Hmph!” I quickly cover with my hand, so the others won’t hear her loud voice.

“Quiet, EunAe-ya. I know this is kind of shocking to you…”

“Kind of? Kind of?! This is hella shocking to me! Why me again? You guys always used me as your fake girlfriend.” She slumps her shoulder down, while sitting on JinHwan-hyung’s bed. “You hate being paired with me that much?” I asked, standing in front of her. She still keeps her face down.

“Aniyo. It’s just… They really believe you guys? That I am your girlfriend? This feels wrong…”

“If it’s HanBin-hyung that made you feel like this…” She suddenly looks up. It seems that my words hit her.

“You… How…”

“How could I know?” She nods her head. I sit myself beside her. “I’ve caught you, didn’t I? Do you realize that your eyes seemed to sparkle more around HanBin-hyung?”

She shakes her head. She looks like a lost puppy right now. She’s not the cute type of girl, but her actions are sometimes cute. Like right now. “How do you know that my eyes sparkle more?” Now I am taken aback. I stay silent for a few seconds, before releasing my breath, keeping my gaze on my lap. I think I have to tell her the truth now.

“Because… I… IsometimesstealglancesatyoubeacuseIthinkyouaresopretty.” (I sometimes steal glances at you because I think you are so pretty)

Her laughter is what I hear next. I feel less nervous because of it. “Jinjja? Am I that pretty?”

“Yeah~ Not ordinary pretty, but unique pretty. No. Beautiful. Georgeus. And I like your eyes a lot.” She laughs again, fanning her face using her palms. “Thank you, Junnie. You’re the first guy that ever said that to me. My Dad doesn’t count on this.”

“Jeongmal?”

“Eung. DongHyuk only said that my eyes are pretty.” I chuckled and then I sit myself beside her.

“EunAe-ya… There’s something I need to tell you… I know this is the most unromantic way to tell this but, I cannot turn back now. I don’t know whether I could say this tomorrow or not…” I inhaled, looking at her straight in the eye. I grabbed her hand carefully, as if it was made out of porcelain.

“I like you EunAe-ya.”

“I like you too.”

“It’s not that kind of ‘like’. I don’t like you like friend should like his other friend…” She cut me in the middle of my sentence.

“JunHoe-ya…”

“I know you like hyung. Maybe what you feel is more than just a mere ‘like’. I don’t know. But I know I will regret this if I don’t confess to you now.” I exhaled, feeling a bit relieved. I already know from the start who she likes. Love, even. HyeJi-noona was right.

“You do know that I can’t return your feelings, right?” She answered, her voice soft, almost inaudible.

“I know.”

She sighed, sifting herself on the bed so her body is facing me now. “JunHoe, I…”

“I know, I know. You can’t return my feelings. You love HanBin-hyung.”

“JunHoe-ya…”

“I don’t ask for you to be my girlfriend, Ae. I just wanted you to acknowledge my feelings. Can I just… At least… Take care of you? Get closer to you? I had this urge to know you better.”

EunAe shifts herself again, obviously uncomfortable. “But I’ll just hurt you more, then. I know how hard it is to be the third wheel. Having an unrequited love is more painful than break-ups.” I scoffed a bit, making her attention diverts to me.

“Yeah~ I know that feeling very well.” I’m being too blunt again, aren’t I? I heard her sighs for the nth time since we enter this room. She looks down, and mumbled, “I’m sorry. You are right. I shouldn’t speak like this to you… Just… As long as you don’t get hurt, it’s fine by me.”

Sooo… This means I can get closer to her? Know her better? That’s more than enough for me. “Thank you, EunAe-ya. I really appreciate it, a lot.” I smile widely, taking her body in my arms.

 


 

HanBin’s POV

What the hell are those two doing inside? What took them so long? A lot of things are running inside my mind. Are they talking about important stuffs? Is it that serious? The two of them aren’t hiding something, right? Should I check on them? Aisssh~ I think I am being over jealous right now. Especially after EunAe said that she liked JunHoe the most.

I run my palms over my hair, ruffling it. I got up from my seat, leading towards JunHoe’s room. As I was about to turn the knob, the door opens, JunHoe’s body blocked my view.

“Eo—Hyung…” He stammered. I eyed him more suspiciously.

“I was just about to check on you guys… What were you two doing?”

“Just talking.”

“About what?”

“Stuffs…”

“What stuffs?”

EunAe squished herself between the door and JunHoe. “Leader-nim… Stop being like this, okay? You’re interrogating Junnie like he’s done something inappropriate. We were just talking. And I already told you this before, don’t act like you’re my boyfriend or something.” Her words silenced me. It hurts, actually. It hurts a lot. Am I not obligated to care for her? Doesn’t she know how I feel? We were okay just then. Why is it like this?

“I’m just worrying…” She sighed. She’s trying to keep a poker face on. I knew it. But her eyes told me that she’s hiding something. She looks kind of burdened by something. It must be the ‘stuff’ they are talking about. “I’m… I’m sorry. I’m being harsh again. It’s just my nature okay? Bear with it.” She crossed her arms, still keeping her poker face on. I smirked.

“Bear with it?”

“Yeah. Bear with it.”

We had a staring contest for a while, and then JunHoe suddenly wrap his arms around EunAe’s waist, pulling her to him. What the heck with this kid?

“EunAe…” He whispered, placing his head on her right shoulder. Why are they acting like a couple? “Hm?” She answered, smiling a bit. What? Why is she smiling like that?

“Let’s go to the living room.” She nods. “Yah, B.I, are you coming or what? You guys still need to explain to me why am I dragged here, and not my own apartment.”

 


 

Author's Note:

There is the second update for today! JunHoe confessed, but got rejected.

Have you guys ever been in this kind of situation? Like it's really depressing, right? You like someone but you guys can't be together and then his friend told you that he likes you. But of course you cannot return his feelings, and it made you feel guilty.

I've never been in that kind of situation, though. Sorry if the whole 'confessing' part turn out weird. One thing me and HanBin have in common is, we are SSB (Single Since Birth). 우리는 모태 소로잖아. ㅋㅋㅋ.

Maybe we should date, Leader-nim? *smirks* I still can't believe that he's single for 18 years. That's a lie. A LIE. Well, I think he won't have a hard time finding a girlfriend in the future. I just hope whoever this lucky girl is, she will love him as Kim HanBin, the dorky kid, not just the cool charismatic leader, B.I.

Thank you for reading my fan-fiction, guys! Leave your comments in the comment box below, so I will know what you think about my fic^.^