Same Place, Same Order

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“You guys are really busy~” She commented. “Yeah~ But it’s all worth it. Being on stage is our dream after all.” The Leader answered back. “I am bored~” The cute maknae sighs, after he place his block on top of the tower.

“What do you want to do?” His best friend asked. She is collecting all the pieces of the game and then putting it inside the box neatly. “Let’s go out!” The bunny-like-rapper proclaimed, as if he just come up with an amazing theory. “Is it okay with you guys? You do realize that I need to tag along, right?” The boys are all looking at each other with a grin. Who could know what are they planning in their heads?

 


 

CHAPTER 12 -- SAME PLACE, SAME ORDER

EunAe’s POV

They call this ‘Bonding Time’. Psssh~ It is already one in the afternoon, so we decided to eat somewhere first. The safest place we can think of –eating in peace without fan-girls, that is— is YunHyeong-hyung, I mean, YunHyeong-OPPA’s Barbeque Place.

“Stop worrying too much, EunAe-ya. It’s usually not that crowded in this hour.” He said, turning his head backwards to where I seat. JinHwan-oppa is driving the van, with DongHyuk sitting next to him. Should I address him with ‘Oppa’ also? It feels weird. But it’s part of the deal, right? So I must do it. Bobby-oppa, B.I and YunHyeong-oppa are sitting in the middle, which means I’m left with JunHoe on the furthest back. B.I has been quiet all the time. Did I do something wrong? Am I being untouchable again? Building a wall?

I’ve tried to become a friendlier person. I really did. I smile more, I laugh more, and I try to accept others more. The EunAe now is different from the EunAe I used to be. The girl who doesn’t love herself is now gone. Maybe I should talk to B.I? He’s okay when he’s talking with Bobby-oppa or the others. He is just quiet when he’s around me. Is this what he meant earlier in the kitchen? Me building a wall? Distancing myself from him? He’s taking his revenge right now, I guess. So I can feel how it feels like when someone is ignoring you.

You know, I had this silly dream before. I dreamt that I am on a school trip, and the only person I could see is B.I. My eyes were glued to him. It is a nice thing that he appeared in my dream. The bad thing was he didn’t acknowledge me at all. The worse part of the dream was that he was crushing on my friend. I am there as a third wheel. I remembered waking up with mixed feelings. It was all just a dream but it felt so real.

JunHoe’s pat on my shoulder wakes me up from my daydream. We’re already here.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” We all bowed once we enter the place. YunHyeong-oppa’s Mom greets us back, happy to meet her son in between his tight schedule.

“EunAe-ya, meet my mom.” He pushes me forward lightly to Mrs. Song.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Lee EunAe imnida.”

“Omo! Jinjja yeppeuda.”

“Gamsahamnida, Eommoni.” Aigoo~ I am really flattered. People who called me pretty are Mom, Dad, DongHyuk, JunHoe, and now, YunHyeong’s Mom. My brother even never really called me pretty. His reaction every time I asked him whether am I pretty or not is just, “Meeeh~ You’re ugly.”

“Whose girlfriend are you?” She asked. What? Why am I back being the ‘girlfriend’? Are those guys this desperate until YunHyeong’s Mom say this kind of stuff?

“MINE.” DongHyuk, JunHoe, YunHyeong, and Bobby lift their hand up. JinHwan-oppa shakes his head, embarrassed as usual, B.I still quiet. “Just kidding, Eommoni. She’s my best friend. I think you have seen her before at the backstage after WIN.” DongHyuk said, pulling me by the shoulder. “I don’t remember seeing anyone this pretty though.” She chuckles a bit and then tells us to sit down. From what I remembered, this is the exact same place as when they eat during WIN. The one when Yun-oppa and DongHyuk read their letters.

“Wait. I need to go to the restroom.” Bobby suddenly said before we all seat. “Yeah. Me too, hyung.” DongHyuk added.

“Where is the restroom again?”

“It’s that way~ You never really pay attention to things, don’t you?” YunHyeong-oppa said, telling the directions to Bobby. In the end, I am left alone with B.I.

Awkward…

Should I talk first? We promised not to be awkward around each other anymore, right? I guess it is part of my fault for being cold to him sometimes. It is okay to have unrequited love, but it is even worse to get this ‘silent treatment’ from someone you have known for a long time.

“B.I.”

I finally sounded myself after contemplating for a while. He stayed silent.

I sighed, and then continue, “B.I-oppa.” He turns towards me, but he’s not saying anything.

You know that feeling when your whole class is really quiet and the killer teacher is the one who is explaining things on the board? And when you drop a pen, your teacher would look at you as if you have made a big mistake by disturbing the class’ quietness, and then you would feel guilty just because she stares at you? Yup. It’s the feeling I am feeling right now.

Unknowingly, I sighed again. “Sorry.” I look down at my lap, afraid to meet his eyes. He’s being charismatic slash scary right now. I have prepared myself for another cold respond, until I hear him say, “Sorry for what?”

I look up, still trying to avoid his eyes by looking pass him. “Aren’t you ignoring me? You are mad at me, right? You are trying to get back at me because I keep distancing myself from you? Because I sometimes act bipolar like a girl on her period? Like I’m nice and being all dorky together with you and the next minute I’m being cold and harsh? I…”

“It’s not that.” Eeeh? Why is this guy acting like this then?

“Soo…”

“I’m not mad at you. I cannot stay mad at you. It’s… I’m a bit disappointed, I guess. You seem much closer to everyone else in the team, and I feel… Left out?” He speaks slowly, dropping his shoulder down. He seems like a lost puppy~ I wanted to hug him right now, but I can’t. My mind tells me not to.

“I’m sorry for making you feel left out then. I know it hurts to get ignored. Sorry I did that to you…”

“Good.”

“Eeeh?”

“Yup. Good. So don’t ignore me anymore, don’t talk to me coldly, and most importantly, don’t cling too much to the others.” I’m glad he’s not mad at me, but what did he just say? Me? Clinging? To the guys? Pssh~ You’ve got to be kidding me.

“I don’t cling to the others. They cling to me.”

“Pssh~ Yeah~  Whatever you say.”

“B.I~ You are being annoying again.”

“Well, annoying you becomes one of my hobbies now.”

“Realy? I don’t see ‘Annoying EunAe’ at your profile.”

“Oh~ So you look at my profile?”

“Yeah, to see whether it is photoshop-ed or not.”

“Psssh~ My photos are charismatic.”

“DORKY.”

“CHARISMATIC.”

“DORKY.”

I even didn’t realize the others’ presence if not for the sound of YunHyeong-oppa clearing his throat. “Stop arguing. You two are dorky. Life with it.” He added after.

“EunAe-ya, what do you want to eat?” JinHwan-oppa handed me the menu book, smiling sweetly. Aigoo~ He is the only person out of these six who I don’t mind calling with ‘Oppa’ for the rest of my life. Well, aside from my future boyfriend or future husband, that is. “Hyung, she is EunAe. She’ll eat everything. No need to ask.” B.I retorted. “As annoying as it sounds, it’s true. I eat almost any food.” They all chuckle. They finally decided to eat beef. Like last time. Completely the same order.

After a few beef wraps later, the door opens, revealing a high school girl with some of her friends, girls and boys. They sit a few tables from us. I was eating happily when I feel someone stare at me. At first I thought it was just JunHoe or some other guys, but when I look up from my beef wrap, I noticed none of them are looking my way.

I was about to continue eating when B.I nudges my arm. “EunAe-ya.”

“Wae?”

“Is it just me or that school boy is looking at you? I mean, staring. He almost drools.”

I coughed a bit, and then trails my vision to the school boy B.I is currently looking at. He is right. One of the high school students who just entered is looking my way. I look right and left, making sure that he is indeed looking my way. I don’t want to be conceited, right? It’s awkward when you think someone is looking your way when the truth is he isn’t. I am sure of his actions when he taps his friend’s shoulder, making the other guy look at my way as well.

I decided to just let it be. When I was going to put another beef wrap in my mouth, the guys suddenly stop eating. I look up to see those high scholars –two boys who are looking my way, and a girl— standing beside our table, looking at me nervously. Bobby grins happily. He thought those teenagers are his fans, maybe?

“Jeo—Jeogiyo…” The girl stammered. “You are Lee EunAe, right?” The boys soon divert their gaze to me. This girl is looking for me? She is not going to ask for the boys’ autograph or something like that? “May I help you?” I asked back. “So you really are EunAe-seonbaenim!” She squealed. She looks so happy meeting me. But I don’t remember I had a junior that look like her. 

“Wait the second… I am a little confused here…” Bobby said softly. “You are Lee EunAe from Seoul Girls High School, right?” She asked again.

“Yeah. I used to study there. Do I know you?”

“I think you don’t remember me, seonbaenim. My name is RinJu. I used to train in the same club as you are.” Her name rings a bell. RinJu? I don’t remember someone named RinJu… Or perhaps… “Kko-Ju?” She laughs awkwardly. “Yeeah~ I used to be short so the others called me Kko-Ju. Kkoma Rinju.” (A/N: Kkoma 꼬마 means ‘small one’)

“Right~ I was there on your monthly evaluation. You have grown taller and prettier!” “Thank you, seonbaenim. Actually… These two friends of mine are a huge fan of yours.” If I was drinking, I am sure I would choke again. The good thing is, I wasn’t drinking. A lot of thoughts are running through my mind. Me? Fans? Naah~ These teenagers must be joking.

“Are you serious?” I asked, flabbergasted. “Of course! Noona jinjja jjang-iya!” (Noona is the best!) One of the boy says, with eyes sparkling like he had just met his favorite Idol. Do my eyes look like that when I watch Super Junior’s MV?

I chuckle. This situation is so unexpected. “Noona, can I take a picture with you?”

“Eeeh? You serious? Me?”

The next thing I know, I already stand up, taking picture with them and giving him my autographs.

“What’s your name?”

“SeungJun.”

“My name is TaeWook.”

I quickly sign the book they gave me, not forgetting to write their names on top of the page. “Aren’t you guys supposed to be in school?” DongHyuk asked. His valedictorian-self is kicking back in. “We skip school.” The guy who I believe is TaeWook answered. The boys chorused an ‘Aaaah’ together. High School students these days… “Noona.” “Yes? Is there anything else I can help you with?” I asked politely. “You are my ideal type. Be my girlfriend!” SeungJun suddenly chirped.

The boys drops their jaw, so do I. This teenage boy is really blunt, isn’t he? He reminds me of JunHoe. Kkk. RinJu slaps her own forehead lightly while shaking her head to the left and to the right. “I am so sorry, seonbaenim. They are just being foolish.” YunHyeong and Bobby laugh softly, muttering ‘Cute’ to RinJu. She is cute and lively, though. “It’s okay RinJu-ya. I am flattered. But I’m sorry; I cannot be your girlfriend, SeungJun.” I said as polite and as calm as I can. Teenagers like them, moreover boys with raging hormones like him, will do unreasonable things when they got heartbroken.

“I see… Are one of these hyung-deul here is your boyfriend?” He asked again. “YES.” The boys chorused together. I laugh, a bit embarrassed. “Of course seonbaenim already has a boyfriend. She is really pretty and these oppa-deul are really cool, too.” RinJu stated. Now it’s time for the boys to laugh. You guys like to get compliment that much, huh?

“Who is your boyfriend, Noona?” TaeWook asked this time. I look at the boys’ face, thinking who should be my ‘boyfriend’. Bobby grins widely; DongHyuk points his index finger at himself, while JunHoe only smiles. But if I point one of them, it would only be awkward for the others. Moreover, the guy beside me—B.I that is—would feel left out again because the others would be teasing whoever I choose as my ‘boyfriend’ and he would just stay quiet like earlier.

So I answered, “It is for me to know, and you to wonder.” I grin. The good thing is, TaeWook and SeungJun don’t seem hurt. “What is your ideal type then? I will try to be your ideal type!” SeungJun said with enthusiasm.

“Ideal type? Let’s see…” I paused a bit, thinking.

“I don’t like someone who smokes. That’s a total no.” I see TaeWook coughs awkwardly. Aaah~ He’s a smoker then? I hope he stops. “I also like guys who study well. Don’t skip school.” The three of them are now looking down at their feet. B.I smirked.

“It’s not always about good grades, but trying your best and be eager in what you do.” I paused again, trying to peek at their expression.

“You two are tall, so it’s good. I like tall guys. I don’t really pay attention to outer appearance though. The heart is what matters. So, be good guys and listen to your parents well, eo?” I ended my small speech. They bowed to me then get back to their respective seats, thinking about my words.

 


 

Author's Note:

Heey~ Sorry for not updating for a while...

I know this chapter is a bit weird... Kkk. But you guys will read it anyway because you love Team B! *slaps*

I want to make a scene when an Idol is not recognized by people around them. So... This chapter happens. It is always awkward, right? Like you think you are famous enough for other people to know you but it turns out that they don't know you at all~ Kkk.

The name 'RinJu' sounds cute, right? I like that name. I think I read it from a fanfic somewhere.

Oh! Right! WINNER got 1st place at a lot of Music Programs! Ii am so proud of them! Like there are not that many artist that got 1st place with their Debut Song. As far as I know, it's only WINNER and Lee Hi. Kkk. YG artist are no joke~

B.I. dropped from SMTM3. I am sad~ But there is still Bobby there so I will watch the show still~ The 'Mix&Match' thing is going to air on September 11th, right? I know I will watch the show because... duh... Team B, but I know deep inside I cannot bear myself to see the result. What will happen to our boys? (TT.TT)

Please debut the 6 of them as a team, Sajangnim!