Co-Manager, EunAe

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“But still… How can you show my video to the rappers of YG?”

“You are good, Jin-ah. Also, don’t look at us that highly. We are all still learning.” HanBin answered. “You know, you should search for a stage name…” EunAe trails. “Oh! Use J.I! It sounds like mine! B.I comes from ‘Bin’ so J.I comes from ‘Jin’. It’s cool!” The leader says happily, patting his chest, as if proclaiming him as the best.

“Nooo~ Use your American name! Like me!” Bobby retorted.

“Can I just use my Korean name like Mino-hyung?” “WHAT?” The Double B screamed together, the others are just laughing. They spent their day talking and laughing together as friends, as a family, and of course, as a team.

 


 

CHAPTER 15 -- CO-MANAGER, EUNAE

 

EunAe’s POV

I went home after spending my entire day with the boys on my birthday. It’s about 6.30 A.M. now, and I am already sitting quietly inside YG’s Cafeteria. B.I said Manager-hyung is supposed to meet me here and give me some sort of ‘briefing’ thing. The boys are still in their dorm, sleeping, I guess. They need as much sleep as they can get.

I was in the middle of reading a book that I’ve always wanted to read, but doesn’t have the time to. It is ‘Pieces of You’ which Tablo himself wrote. This book is a complete art. Words by words are so well written.

“EunAe-ssi.”

I look up from my book, it is Manager-hyung. I quickly got up from my seat, bowing to him. “Annyeonghaseyo!”

“Ne~ Annyeonghaseyo. I heard it’s your birthday yesterday, right? Happy birthday.” Eo? Manager-hyung paid attention to that? “Ne. Kamsahabnida.”

“You wonder how did I know, didn’t you?” I nod for a brief seconds before he continues. “Well, I read your profile of course, but actually the boys are pretty annoying a few days back to me. They were asking for a day off. They said it was your birthday and they want to spend it with you.”

I am completely speechless.

They said they didn’t have a schedule, not purposely asking for a day off. Aigoo~ I need to remind myself to treat them something nice later. I know I already did pay for them yesterday, but more treats can never hurt, right?

“Well, now that you’re here, I am going to hand you this.” He gave me a nametag, like the kind that journalist used. “With this, you can come and go to YG Office or the Training Center freely without being checked anymore like today. Just show this to the security, okay?” I nod silently, indicating that I understand him. “This also provides you to go to the backstage of every show the boys are in. You are their co-manager; don’t say anything about being their bodyguard, especially in front of their fans, arasseo?”

“Yes. I understand, Manager-nim.”

He nods a few times, and then continues again, “You are provided to use force if they are in dangerous situation, but make sure it is not you who started the blow first, okay? Manager’s image’s these days are ruined because of some reckless Managers shouted, pushed, or even hit fans without any reasons at all.” I nod again. From what I’ve heard from some eonni, Managers from other companies are like that. I understand that you felt stress, maybe more than what your artists feels, but it is still not right to just hit someone out of the blue. It will not only be bad for the Manager, but also the artist, and the agency they are in. Heck, even other artist in the same agency can get the bad sides of it.

“I believe you will do a great job, EunAe-ssi. Can I just address you informally, by the way?” His fingers tap on the table while he is looking at me with a smile. “Please do so, Manager-nim.” His smile got wider. “Okay, EunAe-yang.” Now I am the one who is smiling widely.

“Now, for your first task as the co-manager; wake the boys up.”

 


 

I am back inside the dorm. It is a bit messier than yesterday. Shoes are thrown here and there. The boys must be really tired or just plain lazy to just leave the things like this. I quickly picked all the things up and put it in the shoe rack. I then walk to the living room, drop my bag on the couch, and then enter the first room in view, JinHwan hyung’s room.

Manager-hyung said that the six of them need to be inside the hair salon at eight in the maximum. So I have… ONE HOUR LEFT? Oh My… I hope they have enough sleep so they’ll wake up quickly.

“JinHwan-hyuuung~” I shook his body slowly. No reaction.

“JinHwan-hyung.” I voiced out more firmly this time, shaking his body a bit harder than before. He opened his eyes slowly, adjusting it to the light. He put up a small smile. “EunAe-ya… Is this you?” I chuckled softly. “Nee~ Now wake up, please. You guys have one hour starting from now.” He squirmed a bit before snuggling into his blanket deeper. “Ngggh~ I still want to sleep.”

“JinHwan-hyung… Wake up please. If you don’t wake up, the other won’t wake up too. Sleep some more in the car.” He sighed, and then sits up lazily. “Fine, fine. I’ll wake the others up too.”

In the end, we spent the first fifteen minutes running from room to rooms trying to wake the idiots up. But it’s still not working. I don’t know whether they are all really tired, or they just want to annoy me that much.

“EunAe-ya~ I don’t know why they are all acting this way. I mean… JunHoe is a bit grouchy in the morning, but usually the others are not this hard.”

“Sorry, Jin-hyung. Maybe they just want to annoy me.” He giggles, showing his usually cute eye smile. “DongHyuk said he will wake up, only if you’re the one who is waking him up.” I was about to walk to DongDong’s room when Jin-hyung continues.

“Oh! And Bobby said he will wake up if you agree to be introduced to his mom as his future wife.”

I scoffed and then stomped my feet in annoyance to DongHyuk’s room. I slammed the door open.

“Yah! Kim DongHyuk! Ppali ireona!” He winced hearing me screamed. “Aigoo! You scared me!”

“Wake up, please?” I changed my tone to a warmer one, batting my eyelashes, acting cute. “Now you try to do aegyo? You literally screamed to me earlier!” Aiisshh~ This kid. He doesn’t want me to act nice, then? “You like me as a mean girl better than as a nice one?” I glared at him, but he only smirked. I noticed the six of them like to smirk lately. Pssh~ Trying hard to be swag?

“Fine. You asked for this, DongHyuk-ah.” I quickly get out from his room, storming to the kitchen. JinHwan-hyung looks at me, baffled. “What happened?” I ignored his question, instead; I pulled out a chair from under the dining table, and use it to reach the top shelf. That is where all the cooking utensils are placed. You guys are trying to annoy me? I am going to annoy the hell out of you back. Just wait and see. I am not the ‘Nappeun Gizibe’ for nothing.

Hopping down, I carried two medium sized pans, and two spatulas.

“Here.” I hand of the pair to Jin-hyung. “For wha—Ah… I see. Great choice, EunAe-ya. I never even thought of using this method before.” I laughed evilly together with Jin-hyung. We once again went room to rooms, this time tapping the spatula to the back side of the pan loudly. I began to hear them groan in annoyance. Still, after making a ruckus with the spatula and pans as if there will be a Tsunami hitting on us, they are still snuggling to their beds. They really didn’t have any intention to wake up today.

“EunAe-ya. Eoteohkee?” I sighed. I can only think of one thing right now.

“YAAAAH!”

I screamed on top of my lungs. JinHwan-hyung even flinched. We are back inside the living room, but I am sure my voice echoed around the whole house. A few seconds after, I heard something fell down with a really loud ‘BAM’.

“Aisshh. Mwoya ige…” It’s Bobby’s voice. He must be the one who fell down. Did I startle him that much? Good then.

“YAH! EVERYBODY GATHER IN THE LIVING ROOM.”

I ordered, with a slightly lower tone than the first one. No reaction from the boys.

“YAH! Song YunHyeong, Kim JiWon, Kim HanBin, Kim DongHyuk, Goo JunHoe! You guys better come here before I make you all infertile!” I heard them groan again.

“You have ten seconds. Ten… Nine…” Abrupt sounds of them getting off of the beds can be heard clearly. DongHyuk is the first one to arrive; he must have known what I am going to do next. This is like what Dad used to do when we won’t get up. Bobby and B.I followed DongHyuk soon after. YunHyeong-hyung practically dragged JunHoe when my count was on number three.

“Aiissh~ EunAe-ya. You don’t have to be this harsh to us.” Bobby pouts. “Who told you that you can talk to me informally? I am here as your co-manager, not your friend.” I smirked. Bobby’s face fell instantly, mouth agape. So are the other boys.

“But… But… EunAe-ya… I am sorry for annoying you in the morning… I—”

“You should say you’re sorry earlier, Kim DongHyuk. You asked for this.”

The room is now quiet. Nobody dares to utter a word. Even the scary Leader hung his head low. “Aigoo~ Uri maknae~ You are not being serious right now, right?” Psssshh~ Bobby. This silly kid can’t even read the situation well. I am pissed right now, we only have less than forty-five minutes left, and he’s acting like he’s innocent when actually he’s the one who annoy me the most.

“No. I am not joking. If you guys trying to annoy me, I am going to annoy you back. I—”

“EunAe~”

“Who told you that you can cut me when I am speaking, Kim JiWon?” He immediately shuts his mouth, looking to the ground.

“Are you all still sleepy?” I asked, which answered with low murmurs of ‘Yes.’ “Doesn’t God gave you mouth to speak? I asked, are you still sleepy?!” They all fixed their gesture, now standing up straight. “Yes, Mam.” They all chorused. I laughed inside my head. I am not really mad or pissed that much. I just wanted to annoy them too.

“Now drop down and give me fifty.” I instructed firmly. “JinHwan-hyung, count please.” He then starts to count without even asking. I quietly returned the pans and spatulas to its respective places, and then get back to the living room.

“This is what you get if you guys annoy me too much, arasseo? This is even not as worst as the military.” They all stood up when the count reach fifty. “It’s not that hard on you guys anyway. You all work out a lot.” Bobby and DongHyuk grinned; B.I and the rest are still quiet.

“Okay Oppa-deul! You have twenty minutes to get ready if you don’t want another co-manager replacing my spot.” The five of them ran to the bathroom door in a snap, fighting over who is going to bath first. B.I is still standing in front of me, looking blank.

“Yah, Leader-nim, you’re not going to take a bath?”

“EunAe-ya.”

“Eo?” He then looks up, meeting his gaze with mine. “You are scarier than our trainer.” I laugh whole-heartedly. “Jeongmal? Well, that is what happened when you guys annoy me too much. Now quickly take a bath. You guys have a tight schedule today.” He smiles adorkably, and gives me a mocking salute. “Yes, Mam!” He then joined the others, banging on the bathroom. These idiots.

 


 

We are now inside the hair salon, at 8:00 A.M sharp. Thank God. The boys are all occupying the seats there, playing with their phones. I just remember they haven’t eaten any breakfast yet.

“You guys want to eat something?” I asked them. The salon is surprisingly empty in this hour. “Yes, please, Manager-Noona.” DongHyuk answered, smiling at me mischievously. “Yeah. Some coffee will be good, Noona.” Bobby who is sitting next to him added, also grinning cheekily. “Pssh~ You guys. Fine. Just call me Noona then. I will also address you informally.” I smirked back at them.

“Is ‘McDonalds’ okay? They serve the breakfast menu at this hour.”

“Yeeeayy ‘McD’! I want to eat sooommeee~” Bobby chirped. He truly is an eating monster. I ended up queuing in front of the cashier counter. I also buy them coffee from the nearest shop in sight.

They are almost done with their hairs when I get back to the salon. “Here you go~” I handed them their meal, and then turned to the stylist. “Can you please do their make-up after they finish eating? They eat messily. Especially Bobby.” The stylist nods her head, laughing. “Sure.” She says.

I walk around the place, looking through the sophisticated designed furniture. This place is familiar somehow… Isn’t it the place where…

“Oh! Agasshi!” I turned my head when I heard one of the stylist eonni called. “Me?” I asked, pointing at myself. This eonni seems familiar. Where did I last meet… Oh! Right! This is the place where B.I took me for my hair make-over. That is the eonni from the cashier table the other day.

“You’re here with the six of them?” She asked. “Ne~” I answered back, smiling. “Aaah~ So he introduced you to his friends already? He must be serious about this.” Eeeeh? Serious? Introduced? Friends? I didn’t get what she means until my eyes met B.I’s as he was taking a big bite on his burger. It all clicked right away.

“Eonni! We’re not in that kind of relationship! I already told you that before~” I said, half whining. “I already told you it’s alright, too. I’m GaYeong by the way. You already called me eonni, so I guess we’ll just be comfortable around each other.” I nod my head, and then she continues, “You need to tell me how he asked you out, Miss …”

“EunAe.  My name is EunAe. We are not going out, eonni. I’m not lying. I am just—” I was about to explain more when Bobby called me from across the room. “EunAe, Baby! Have you eaten your breakfast yet?” . What’s with him? Now GaYeon-eonni will think that I’m some sort of a player.

“Aaaaah~ So… It’s Bobby? Your boyfriend is Bobby but you are hanging out with HanBin?” I slap my forehead slowly. “Aniyoo~ None of them is my boyfriend.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I don’t like Bobby that way.” She looked at me with a disbelieving look. She then walks towards the boys, but she is aiming Bobby’s seat.

“Bobby-ya.”

“Ne, Noona?”

“Are you EunAe’s boyfriend?” He grin super wide it seems like the end of his mouth is going to rip.

“Yeah~”

I facepalmed myself. Bobby~ Whyyyy~

“Really?” GaYeon-eonni asked. DongHyuk who is sitting across him retorded, “No, Noona. He is lying. He’s always claiming EunAe for herself. EunAe is mine. Not yours.” Great. Now she is thinking that I am involved with three guys.

“But her favorite member is me.” JunHoe added.

“I am her favorite, still.” JinHwan-hyung too.

“I am going to be her ideal type!” YunHyeong-hyung said enthusiastically.

“I am the one who look through—” I literally run to B.I’s place an put my hand over his mouth. Is he crazy? Is looking through my undergarments felt like an achievement for him? Pssshh~

“Look through what?” JinHwan-hyung asked. I glared at B.I, still putting my hand across his mouth. He only smiled teasingly. I bet he is smirking beneath my hand right now. I glared at him for one last time before releasing my grip. “I look through her place~ You guys never went to her place before~” He said, smiling idiotically. “Aaah~ Right~ Let’s go there sometimes!” YunHyeong-hyung says as he snaps his fingers together.

“But… Wait… What is your relationship with each other?” Eonni asked again, now looking confused. “I am their co-manager, but I know them personally too.” She then nods he head, “Aaaah~ Geurohguna~ There must be a love line, though. You are really pretty.” Aigoo~ Eonni will never stop, won’t she?

“Now, tell me honestly guys, which one of you is her boyfriend?” Bobby and JunHoe raised their hands at the same time, followed by DongHyuk, and then B.I, JinHwan, and YunHyeong-hyung at the same time. Aisssh~ These guys really!

“Aigoo~ You guys are so cute.” GaYeon-eonni chuckles. “Well, quickly finish your food guys, Manager-hyung is going to pick you guys up after this, and then you guys have an interview for a Japanese Magazine –I can’t pronounce it because it’s too hard—and then you need to go shooting for M-Net Wide, and then you guys had a photo shoot for NONA9ON. That’s it.” I read their schedule which was e-mailed to me by Manager-hyung.

“YES MAAAM!” They give me a playful salute and then continue eating silently. I smile blissfully. How I wish I can stay with you guys forever.

 


 

Author's Note:

I updated guys! Kkk.

It's not that Ii don't have any inspiration what-so-ever, but... Yeah... School~ Psshhh~ Hahahahahah.

Is it just m or ChanWoo is adorable? He looks similar to YunHyeong in some ways... They look like brothers.

Well, I am just going to end my Author's note here. Kkk.

Oh! And here's the link to my second story!

'Kim DongHyuk__Run to You'

I will be super happy if you are willing to check it out!

Until I updated again (?) I guess... Kkk.