Brother Complex

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“Rap to MTBD!” The three of them chorused together. EunAe is just standing still, not knowing how to react. She was agape, and then she was laughing a few minutes after. “I’ll do that, but you guys have to sing first!” She hand the microphone she has been holding for the pass three songs to Bobby. “You guys sing! After that I’ll do MTBD.”

I was baffled. I look at Bobby-hyung, he is just looking at me with the same expression.

“Sing ‘Eyes, Nose, Lips’ hyung!” DongHyuk said.

“You guys want me to sing that?”

“Yes!” I ended up singing that song with Bobby-hyung. It was awkward at first, but then the others decided to sing the song together.

After that, I sing ‘That XX’. I can totally relate to this song. Like, I am GD, EunAe is the girl, and ‘That XX’ is… JunHoe? Should I put that way? It’s not that I am making JunHoe the bad guy; I just want EunAe to look at me too. What does that guy have that I don’t?

 


 

CHAPTER 14 -- BROTHER COMPLEX

EunAe’s POV

We are once again back inside the car. The sun is already setting. “What do you want to do after this, EunAe-ya?” YunHyeong-oppa asked. “I want to eat ddeokbokki. I haven’t eaten that in two years.” I answered.

“DongDong-oppa.”

“Wae? Aigoo~ Hearing you calling me Oppa feels nice~” He smiled like an idiot, patting my head. We changed seat now. B.I is the one driving with Bobby sitting beside him, while JinHwan-oppa, DongHyuk and I sit in the middle and JunHoe with YunHyeong-oppa in the furthest back.

“Ne… Ne. Whatever you say. Do you want to go to samchon’s place?” It is actually a ddeokbokki stall that I used to go to with DongHyuk before High School. It is usually open at night. Because we go there a lot the owner of the place usually gave us discount or even free dishes. Kkk. The last time I went there is a week before I left Korea, I think.

“Samchon’s place? The one that you bring us to?” JinHwan-oppa asked. “Yeah! The one we ate at after practice.” DongDong answered back. “You bring them there too?”

“Uh-huh. It’s because you’re so busy studying and I don’t have any friends to go there with.” He pouts. I only giggle a bit, and then I pat his head. “Aigoo~ Poor DongDong-oppa. Let’s eat there now then! I’m paying again!” The boys cheer happily. This is a true bonding time.

 


 

Author’s POV

The night was a blast for EunAe. She never went through her birthday without her family, but this year’s birthday is definitely one to remember. She was about to enter the elevator when she realized she forgot her cell phone. “Oppa-deul.” She called. “Wae?”

“I forgot my phone, it’s in the car. Sorry~ Just give me the keys. I’ll go grab it myself.”

“I’ll go with you. The basement is dark and scary, Ae.” HanBin answered, getting off the elevator. The others are waving their hands, and JinHwan asked them to get to the dorm soon.

“B.I.”

“What? Wait—It’s not midnight yet. Where’s the ‘Oppa’?” She scoffed a bit, and then continues, “Okay~ B.I-oppa. Why are you accompanying me here?”

“I just want to. The dark and scary part is just a lie actually. You are scarier.”

She chuckles a bit, and continues, “Why?”

“I don’t know. But the first time seeing you, the first thing that comes through my mind is ‘Aaah~ Her vibe matches me. She’s one scary girl’.” She chuckles again. “Yeah~ Many people think I am snobby and mean. But I’m not like that. It’s a nature every Nappeun Gizibe has.” They are just smiling quietly, before HanBin asked again, “Earlier… Was that really your ideal type?”

The girl stays quiet for a little bit before smiling smugly, “Aaah~ You really want to know?”

“Ani! Just wondering.” HanBin looks around the parking lot, trying to hide his flushed face.

“It’s okay to ask, Leader-nim. They are true, the ideal type I mean. I would prefer my boyfriend to not smoke. Dad smokes a lot, so I think my lungs are unhealthy because of it. I don’t have any serious illness, but it’s still dangerous.” HanBin nods his head, listening eagerly.

“What about the not-skipping-school thing?”

“Tuition is expensive, you know? Your parents pay for it, but you waste it just like that. Many others wanted to go to school but they can’t afford it, so when you get the change why throw it away?” She paused for a bit, and then continues, “I also don’t like guys who swear a lot. I mean… Cursing is fine. You do that once or twice, it helps you release the stress a bit. But constantly swearing is just… Pssh~ No-no.”

The guy nods his head again. The girl’s way of thinking always amazed him somehow. She is different from others. Beg to differ. “So… In summarize, your ideal type is DongHyuk?!” He asked half surprise. They have already reached the car now.

“You can say so. But if you think more about it, actually the six of you are fit to be my ideal type.” They chuckle together for one more time. EunAe then grab her phone from the back seat, and then they walk together to the dorm. As they entered the door, her phone vibrates.

“Eo? Nae dongsaeng-ida~” She sings happily.

“Yeoboseyo?” She picks up the call while trying to open her shoes.

“Sis!”

“Heeeyy~” She smiles widely, her eyes turning into crescents. Her brother always manages to make her smile, even in the tiest day she’s been through.

“Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!” (Happy Birthday!) She heard him said from across the line. “You’re practicing your German, eh? Good.”

“I still don’t like it, though. Everything just don’t make sense! Why would you give to objects? Everything is in female, male, or neutral. It is too confusing!” She chuckles hearing his complain. His brother is not really fond of studying other language. He thinks that English is the most important. Other than that, no need!

“You complain too when you’re learning Chinese. Just deal with it, man.” He sighed in return. “Fine. I’ll just hang in here for a bit. Oh! Check your e-mail! I sent you a video of me rapping~ Kkk.” She walks towards where the other guys are; living room.

“Sis, why is it so loud? Are you in a club or something? Oh my gosh—I’m gonna tell mom!”

 She laughs out loud, making the others’ attention on her. ‘Nuguya?’ HanBin mouthed.

“I’m not in a club.”

“Lying. That’s what they all said when they’re caught.”

“I’m with the guys. They are always this noisy.” She then hands her phone to DongHyuk, who is sitting beside her.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“DongDong-hyung?”

“WooJin-ah!”

“Hyung!”

“WooJin-ah!”

“Hyung!”

She snatches her phone back, putting it on loud speaker and then placing it on the table. “Stop it you guys. You sound like main character from typical dramas.” The others laugh, and then they all greet EunAe’s brother.

“WooJin-ah, long time no see!” Said JinHwan.

“Yo~ Wassup Bro~” Bobby also says his greeting.

“Hyung-deul! Bogosipda~”

“Aigoo~ You must have grown taller than JinHwan-hyung now.” JunHoe added, earning a glare from the said guy. “Noo~ I’m still about Sister’s height. I’ll catch up to you soon!” The siblings are really close to each other, the boys also like WooJin a lot. He’s livelier and friendlier, he make friends easier than EunAe too. He always calls her ‘Sister’ rather than ‘Noona’ and she calls him ‘Man’ or ‘Bro’. American sibings.

“Bobby-oppa, could you lend me your iPad, please?” “Sure.” The rapper than get his iPad, and hand it to the girl while the others are catching up with WooJin. She soon checks her e-mail and click on the video her brother sent. It turns out that he was recording himself rapping to Eminem’s Rap God, the song that he has been mastering quite a while.

(A/N: My brother really likes this song. He even told me to downloaded it for him. Kkk. Maybe he would be a rapper star? XD)

She felt someone sit on the other side of the couch beside her. It was HanBin. He likes Eminem the most from all of them anyway. “This is your brother?” He asked. She nods; eyes still on the screen. Bobby also joins them, squishing himself between the girl and the cute maknae. “Hey! Hyung! Stop taking my place—What are you guys watching?” In the end, all of them watch the video together; WooJin is still on the line.

The hard part soon comes, the part when Eminem raps really fast, it seems like he isn’t even breathing. WooJin also does the same, he raps flawlessly. He even isn’t reading a text or anything.

“WHOAAAA~” The seven of them said on the same time, mouth slightly ajar. They are all amazed by WooJin’s rapping.

The video already ended a few second ago, but they are still looking at the now black screen in front of them. “Hyung-deul? Sis? You all there? Why is it so quiet now?” EunAe’s little brother’s voice awakens them from their daze state.

“WooJin-ah! You rap so well!” YunHyeong commented, grabbing the phone in his palm. HanBin soon snatches it. “Jin-ah, you passed! Just enter YG. Seriously dude, this is so cool. Even I cannot rap like that.” They all laugh happily. “True! Bro, you could be the next generation rap star!” Bobby joined.

“Eeeh? Rap? Wha—Omo! Sis! You watched the video with them?” His voice sounds panic. “Relax, WooJin-ah. I also do MTBD in front of them. We’re even.”

“But still… How can you show my video to the rappers of YG?”

“You are good, Jin-ah. Also, don’t look at us that highly. We are all still learning.” HanBin answered. “You know, you should search for a stage name…” EunAe trails. “Oh! Use J.I! It sounds like mine! B.I comes from ‘Bin’ so J.I comes from ‘Jin’. It’s cool!” The leader says happily, patting his chest, as if proclaiming him as the best.

“Nooo~ Use your American name! Like me!” Bobby retorted.

“Can I just use my Korean name like Mino-hyung?” “WHAT?” The Double B screamed together, the others are just laughing. They spent their day talking and laughing together as friends, as a family, and of course, as a team.

 


 

Author's Note:

Guys!

I am so sorry for not updating for a loooong time. I know it might sound like an excuse (it is an excuse), but I have a pretty tight week this month. Like I haven't updated for three to four weeks, right? It's because I had a lot of exams. Not like the MID-Term exam, it is just daily exams that you had once you finished a chapter. The teachers are like speeding up the whole learning process. Aigoo~

It's like every day exam, exam, exam, more exam. Ewwww~

I had a loose week this week so I've decided to update for you guys!

I know it might take long, but I am determined to finish this story no matter what! \o.O/

I've been watching 'Show Me The Money 3'. Bobby WINS! Congrats to our bunny-rapper~
I've also been watching 'MIX AND MATCH'. I even watched the first episode through online streaming, even though I had a biology test the next day. Tch~ Please don't follow on my act.

It would be really nice if the six of them can debut together as iKON. Even though I will feel bad towards the two-whoever-couldn't-make-it.

Listen to 'WAIT FOR ME'. Quick quick click on the link! HanBin wrote it and our boys sing it together! The song really speak my feelings as a fangirl well. DongHyuk's and YunHyeong's vocals are getting better. They harmonize well too, compared to their WIN-era.

Awwwh~ My fangirl feels~

ALSO... *drum rolls*

I've decided to write another story!

This one os about DongDong-ie!

'Kim DongHyuk__Run to You'

I will be super happy if you are willing to check it out!

Thank you so much :3