Manager-hyung's Interrogation

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“I’m sorry DongDong-ah. I lied to you.” I said while running my fingers on his hair, trying to calm him down.

“What do you mean?” His word comes out soft, almost inaudible.

“I lied. I actually missed you. A lot. I missed all of you guys.” What I said only made him sobs harder than before. “Hey, don’t cry anymore, okay? I’m even not crying right now.” I patted his back slowly, while he released his grip from my body, wiping his tears away.

“DongHyuk-ah, snots are running down your nose.” I gave him a tissue from my bag while he just chuckled.

 


CHAPTER 4 -- MANAGER HYUNG'S INTERROGATION

EunAe's POV

“You two are sitting so close to each other right now, I almost mistaken you two as a couple.” We both turned our heads to see YunHyeong standing behind us, arm crossed in front of his chest.

“What? You envy us, hyung? That I got to hug EunAe whenever I wanted?” DongHyuk teased his hyung by putting an arm over my waist, pulling me closer to him again.

“Psshh. Of course not, maknae. I’m just going to inform you that manager-hyung is on his way here. Get yourself off of each other before he scolds you.” I automatically shift myself away from DongHyuk. By the time YunHyeong sit in front of the two of us, I can see their manager walks to the cafeteria with the others following behind.

“Good morning boys. So, you are EunAe?” He asked while sitting down right in front of me, beside YunHyeong.I got up and bowed from my waist.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee EunAe imnida. Jal butag-deuribnida.” (Hello, My name is Lee EunAe. Please take care of me well.)

“I like you already. You are polite. Unlike a lot of girls I met.” Manager-hyung put on a small smile on his face. I am a little nervous about this actually. It’s like going on a job interview. I always am a confident girl, but after watching all of WIN episodes and meeting some staffs here, I know how sharp-tongued people in YG can be. DongHyuk gave a little squeeze to my hand under the table, an encouraging smile on his face. Right. Do this for DongHyuk, EunAe-ya. Do it for the boys. They are your best friends after all. The least I can do to repay their kindness is to help them get through this problem.

“You are… DongHyuk’s girlfriend?” I coughed out of nervousness because of what manager-hyung had said. What? Who filled my profile anyway? I can see DongHyuk scratching his not itchy head from the corner of my eye. Aishh. This kid.

“It’s girl space friend, hyung. Not girlfriend.” DongHyuk explained, still scratching his non-itchy head while grinning like a stupid. The others just nod their heads.

“Oww. I see. You two seemed really close, though. Like there’s this chemistry between you two. I can see it.” I gulped hardly by what he said. Chemistry? Yeah, I think we got that. It’s just that… The way he put all of those chemistry, me, and DongHyuk together made us seem like a real couple. I don’t mind dating him and all, but I could never bring myself to like him that way. This guy is just way too comfortable around me, to the point that he burps, fart, and even pick his nose up in front of me is not a problem anymore. Imagining a lot of girls idolizes him and wanting him to marry them cracks me up. Pshh. Wait until you find out what he do while he sleeps, girls.

“I am his best friend, sir. We’ve known each other for a really long time. I think that is where we got the chemistry from.” I try giving my opinion to him confidently. I look at him at the eye, still with respect. People like it when you look at them in the eye. It gave an impression that you are a confident person. If you are confident at yourself, you are also confident with what you are doing. Hopefully it will bring yourself to do your job well. That is what I learned from school and university interviews I’ve been in before.

“You are a confident one too. Polite and confident. I like you so far, EunAe-ssi.”

Yes! I told you it’s going to work.

“You are his neighbor and school mate, your dad is Korean, your mom is Indonesian-American, they lived in the US then moved here when you were six.” He reads my profile from the paper in his hands. There is even a picture in that paper. Isn’t that… My passport picture? When did DongHyuk manage to get a copy of that? This kid has a lot of explaining to do later.

“You went to an all-girls high school after that. Then you moved to Germany with your parents and younger brother at your last year of high school. Now you are 20 years old Korean age. So that means… Two years.” He finished reading my first page of profile, while I just nod, agreeing to what he said.

“TaeKwonDo… I-Dan? The second stage of black belt? Well, that’s definitely enough to handle these fan-girls. But I cannot hand these boys to just an amateur, EunAe-ssi. Do you know how to use weapons, perhaps?”

He arched his brows up, looking straight to my eyes. “My father was a member of the Korea’s Navy, sir. He thought me a lot of things, including using weapons such as knife and guns. He also thought me how to treat wounds and other things related to it.” I replied, still confidently.

“EunAe is really great, hyung. I am a living witness of it.” DongHyuk said, trying to help me from all of the awkwardness.

“She made a boy in my class cried because he said bad things about her brother, she also stood up to a girl who bullied her in junior high, she punch a senior because he tried to hurt me, and…” DongHyuk put his palm under his chin, thinking.

“She’s a really great -kicker. It really hurts.”

“What? She kicked your before?” Manager-hyung now eyed me suspiciously.

“Yes. Sorry about that, sir. I did not have any intention to hurt your artist or anything. It happened a long time ago. He kind of... Barged in to the girl’s changing room.” I reasoned myself to their manager. I was hoping that he won’t get mad.

“What? What were you doing, DongHyuk?” Their manager now shifts his gaze to the mentioned guy. Bobby and JunHoe are trying hard not to laugh when they look at DongHyuk’s face. YunHyeong is trying to sit still trough the whole interview slash investigation thing, JinHwan just shook his head, while Leader-nim smirks evilly to DongHyuk.

“I heard someone screamed so I thought that EunAe was in danger then I just kind of… Barged in?” His answer makes everyone cracks up. Bobby and JunHoe are already laughing so hard right now; it made the whole table shakes. Even manager-hyung laughs after he heard DongHyuk’s reason.

“DongHyuk-ah. You know that she knows self defense, right? She is your best friend, too. You should know whether that scream belonged to EunAe or not.” Manager-hyung managed to say, after his laughter died down.

“I told him the exact same thing.” The 30 year old man only smiled to what I said.

“I like you, EunAe-ssi. It’s like… you have this kind of vibe which I like around you… How do I say it…” Manager-hyung rubs his chin, thinking of the right words about me. Maybe he thought that I was cold, arrogant, and hard to reach too?

“NAPPEUN GIZIBE”

All of the boys chorused at the same time. Their laughter filled the cafeteria after. “Yeah. I like that impression.” He continued. “You had my approval, EunAe-ssi.” The boys soon chorused a happy cheer. “HanBin and I already talk this out. You just follow him wherever he takes you to today, okay?” I nod and then stood up and bowed while their manager leaves the cafeteria.

“The -kicking story is just really funny.” Bobby said, wiping an invisible tear due to too much laughing. “Yeah. I’ve heard this story a lot of time already, but it is still funny. How could you be that stupid, Kim DongHyuk?” JunHoe added, drinking mineral water which he took from his bag.

“I panicked, okay? There were a lot of erts in school.”

DongHyuk was right, though. There was a lot of erts in school. They took a picture of girls when they changed. So much for junior high.

“Besides, it was worth it. EunAe had a nice body.”

WHAT?

We already agreed to not talk about this ever again… at least not in front of the guys. I quickly punch his arm jokingly.

“OUCH! Hey, that hurts!” He rubbed his arm dramatically.

“That’s for talking too much.” I crossed my leg under the table. “That punch is not even full power yet, DongHyuk-ie.” The boys continued laughing, while I feel someone pat my shoulder. I turned my head to the back to find B.I put a boyish smile on his face.

“You don’t mind if I borrowed your best friend for the whole day right, DongHyuk-ie?” He asked. “Not at all, hyung. Just get her back to the dorm before ten.”

“Are you my dad or something? What do you mean bring me back to the dorm?” I am now crossing my arms in front of my chest while facing my best friend.

“Just let HanBin do the talking, EunAe-ya.” JinHwan said, adding more questions to my head. “Now off you go~” YunHyeong pushed me lightly, then I stood up, trailing B.I to whenever he’s going to take me.

 


 

Author's Note:

I am back with an update ^.^ I think I'm going to do a double update for this one~ *gidahaejuseyooo*

I see HanBin-EunAe moments coming up. What should I name this couple? EunBin? Kkk.

I also realize my subscribers went up, even after I take off the 'Ssubscribers-only' function. For those who read and subscribe, I am really thankful to you guys! It made me want to write more. My goal is to write as many as I can before school starts! Kkk. Hwaiting!