Ex-Sasaeng

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter
 

“Tell him to pass this message to that guy; ‘You really want to know what my other hand can do?’” She smirked. Manager-hyung nods and then left the room.

“TS Entertainment? The last time I checked, he cannot dance, moreover sings.” The girl snorted. DongHyuk nods his head in agreement.

“What can your other hand do?” Bobby asked, still thinking about what she said earlier.

“That is for you to wonder.” She grins, while HanBin is laughing beside her.

 


 

CHAPTER 20 -- EX-SASAENG

 

EunAe’s POV

After meeting Manager-hyung for the second time that day to discuss about the conflict I had with that guy, the boys are left to discuss about their special performance in Inkigayo. I know this is not their debut stage, but watching them getting busy about the work thrills me too.

This is the life they have been dreaming about, right?

They will be free from schedule in about four hours from now, and Manager-hyung said I can stroll around during that time, but remember to get back to SBS’ Building in the time they were about to finish. They are safe inside the building, but their fans –the real fans and the bad ones—usually pop out after they finished their thing. It’s scary sometimes when I thought they were being followed everywhere and every time.

So… I decided to go home.

By home, I mean the one I used to life in before I moved out; the one across DongHyuk’s house. I wonder if Eomonni is home. I missed her, too. I decided to call her once I get inside my house. She even gave me spare keys to her house, but I cannot just come in as I like, right? I opened my house’s door, inhaling the scent of the air inside.

Nobody is using this house anymore, but there is Hwang-ahjumma who cleaned it once a week, in case we fly back here in Korea. I trace my fingers around the furniture, memories flashing back.

My family… How do I describe it?

We were happy, I guess. But every house has its problems, right? Mom and Dad fought sometimes, but each time they fight, it gets bigger than before. I would sometimes just lock myself inside my room, not wanting to even hear a single thing they said. I remembered crying with my brother in each other’s arms in the corner when we were little.

I am the type that likes to hold it in. Sometimes I would thing I am a mentally-ill person because I was just that much stressed out. I decided that I won’t give a about it, and just move on with my life. I become better once I entered high school. The eonnies are nice. Befriending the boys helped me a lot, too. They are so dorky it helped me relax my mind and YOLO more. Kkk.

I entered the room where we used to keep un-used things. I went to the furthest back of the rack where Dad’s stuffs are located. I rummaged through it and found what I have been looking for. There’s exactly seven of it.

You guys wonder what it is, right? It’s a tracker. Dad explained to me how they used it in the Navy. I just need to ask one of my eonnie to modification it a bit, and it’s good to use.

I called Eomonni after that, but nobody is at home. Next, I called one of my eonni to help me. She was a tech-geek. She is very nice and useful at times, especially like this time. We decided to meet at a cafe near home. It is pretty secluded there because I had to make sure other people are not eavesdropping to our conversation. Moreover, this tracker thing should not fall into false hands. I can get sued because of it.

I enter the café to find YuMi-eonni already sitting in one of the chair. I ordered hot chocolate and sandwiches.

“EunAe-ya! When did you arrive in Korea? Why didn’t you email me when you’re going to come? Are you staying for good? Are things in Germany great? Did you find any boyfriend yet? Did you lose your ity yet?”

Geez. This eonni never changes. She always bombarded me with questions. She can be annoying and very persistent at times. She is actually Japanese. She moved in to Korea for high school—the same school as mine, that is—and decided to continue living here.

“Eonni! Stop bombarding me with questions!” I put my bag on the table, looking for the tracker. “First, I arrived about a week ago? I had some job to do, so I haven’t contacted you yet. Mian. Second, I actually wasn’t planning to go here because it is hard to ask permission to leave the university, even though I can take online classes, there are still few classes I need to attend in person. Third… Wait… What was the question again? Oh! Unfortunately, I need to get back before March. Fourth, things are great, but I like it here more. Fifth, I don’t have any boyfriend.”

I ended my speech. Phew~

“You still like your best friend’s friend?” She is referring to B.I. I sighed, looking at the table. “Aigoo~ This Gizibe. You still do, don’t you? I wonder who this guy is. How amazing he is until he could make you fall for him this hard? You usually never pay attention to guys, aside from KyuHyun, that is.” I laugh hearing what she said. I never really told her who my best friend is, and who is this guy I am falling for. Maybe later, when the time is right.

“You haven’t answered my last question.”

“Eeh? There is?”

“Yeah. Have you lost your ity yet, maknae?” I almost screamed at her if the waiter didn’t arrive with my orders. I smiled at the guy, who seemed to be a high school student on a part time job, and said ‘Thank You’.

“Eonni! How could you say such thing? I am not even married yet!” I whispered. The café is empty in this hour, but if anyone heard our conversation, I don’t know if I could enter this place again or not.

“Kids these days do that thing before marriage, Ae.”

“But you know I am not kids these days!”

“Aaargh~ Right. So you are going to marry this guy you have been crushing in ages and give your ity to him? That’s really sweet. You are such a loyal girl.”

She said it coolly, like it’s not an important thing at all. She sips on her Americano while leaning forward. “Why is your face so red?” WHAT? Am I blushing? I quickly cover my face using my palms. B.I and I getting married is just… Arrrgh~ I don’t want to think about it.

“A—Aniya! Say something that makes sense!” She chuckles, sipping on her drink again. “You need my help right?” She suddenly says. I nod my head in agreement, and then push the tracker across the table so she can take good look at it. “I need you to somehow make these stuffs connected to a program so I can read it easily. Like an application for smart phone or such. This thing can send a strong signal and is waterproof.”

She nods, getting the tracker out of the plastic wrap and look at it closely. “I have one of those programs already. I made it for stalking.”

One thing I forgot to mention. YuMi used to be a sasaeng fan. She is different, though. She is the kind that likes to follow the Idol she likes and took exclusive photos of them, and then keep it for her collection. She checks the Idol’s status from SNS, Twitter, and such, and then track where they are. It’s kind of like hacking their account and see where the status is last sent from. She never took inappropriate photo, though. She also never did things like sending weird things to the Idol’s dorms or hurting them. Even though she can install a camera inside the Idol’s house without getting caught at all, she never does it. Let’s just say she is the kind that likes to admire form afar.

“I just need to do some modification to my program so it is connected to this thing. But to install the program, I will need the respective cell phones. It cannot be shared through Bluetooth or anything else.” She continues, putting the tracker inside her bag. I chewed on my sandwiches, and nod. “Fine then. Can you make it as soon as possible, please?” I gulp on my hot chocolate slowly. She arches an eyebrow up, looking at me curiously.

“You are up to something, aren’t you, maknae?” I am usually the maknae of the group, whether it’s in school or with the guys. I look at her in a secretive manner. “You did~” I laugh dryly hearing her respond.

“Also… Eonni~ Can you do me one more favor?” I look at her pleadingly this time. She sighs, sipping her last gulp of coffee. “Okay~ Anything for my maknae~”

“Yeeeay! Thank you Eonni! You are the best!”

“Yeah~ Whatever. But you need to repay me back, okay? My skills are expensive, you know? If I sell this program to other country, no, even the government, they will pay me billions of Won.”

I slung my bag on my arm back. I only got about forty-five minutes left to go to SBS. “But I will do it for you because I owe you… A lot.” “I already told you it is fine. You don’t need to think about it, and don’t think that you owe me or anything. I am really grateful that you agree to help me.” She smiled at me, a genuine one. “I need to you give me list of all sasaeng fans that you can find. The target is new debuted boy-group, so I think their age range is between sixteen to twenty years old…” I paused a bit, sipping on my last hot chocolate.

“It is easy to do, but if you are searching for particular person, Ae, you can give me some more details on how the person looks like. It would help.”

“Aaah~ Right.”

“Just email it to me, okay? It is safer that way.” I nod my head, understanding what she meant. “Thank you so much for your help, eonni. I will think of something to repay you back, okay? I need to go now.”

“Nee~ Take care!”

 


 

The SBS Building is not that crowded today. I mean, the outside is not crowded. There are not that much fans outside or in the parking lot. I only see some of the boy’s fans carrying banners and gifts. They finished earlier than the schedule, and Manager-hyung gave me the first task of being their personal bodyguard, to them safely to the van.

He still got some documents to take care of and he said it’s only going to take less than ten minutes, so here I am, walking to the van with the boys. We are about twenty more steps to the car when a fan approaches us, followed by another few of them, carrying paper bags.

“Jeo—Jeogiyo…” The girl stops in front of me, looking at the ground, is stammering. “Is there anything I can help you with?” I asked politely. “Where is the usual Manager-oppa?” The girl behind her chirped, her face looking a bit annoyed. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I don’t like the vibe this girl gave me. She is like really snobby and annoying. Like a brat.

“If you need anything, you can talk to me. I’m the co-manager now. If you don’t have anything to say, then please move aside. The guys had a long day and they would like to rest.” I eyed the snobby girl, making sure I look deep into her eyes. Let’s see who is the more dominating one from both us, shall we?

I walked pass those girls, the boys only stay quiet, following me from behind. “Wa—Wait! Eeonni!” The previous girl—the not snobby one—grab my arm lightly. “I am sorry for my friend’s behavior. I just want to give this to YunHyeong-oppa, please?”She showed me the paper bag she is carrying. “You can check them first, eonni. I don’t mind.” This is a good example of a nice and polite girl. I take a look at the bag she is carrying. It is a customized snapback, and lip-balm. Yun-hyung will surely like this. “You may give it to him personally.” I smiled.

She walked closer to YunHyeong-hyung, while some other girls walked towards me, asked me whether they can give their gifts or not. I checked the contents carefully and then permit them to give to the boys personally. The fans waved to us when we entered the van. Most of them are nice girls actually, well, only that one rude girl is not.

“EunAe-ya. You are even more strict than our Manager-hyung!” Bobby beams, smiling widely like he used to do. “Yeah~ Yeah~ Oh! Right! Can you please take a picture of the fans, please? Make sure you can capture everyone.” Bobby murmurs a ‘sure’ and then he took a picture of the fans using his phone’s camera. “Send it to me, please.”

“Are you doing some kind of investigation, Ae?” DongHyuk asked. He is sitting in the middle row with Bobby and JinHwan-hyung, while the rest sit on the furthest back. “O-ho… You can read my actions well~” “Duh~ I’ve been your friend since grade school~” I chuckled softly. Not long after, Manager-hyung took the driver’s seat, driving us to the boys’ dorm.

 


 

Author’s POV

Their Manager dropped them by the parking lot because he had to work some errands in YG Building. The seven of them walk inside the dorm lazily. They wanted to rest as soon as possible. JinHwan inserted the combination key to their dorm and the other soon followed him inside once they heard the ‘click’ sound.

“Aigoo~ Phigonhae~” (I’m tired) DongHyuk sighed. “You guys want something to eat? I’m suddenly hungry again~” EunAe said, dropping her bag on the couch.

“You are always hungry…” HanBin replied.

“Yes I am~”

“Pssh~ See? How can you be such an omnivore?”

“Well, at least I’m not a diet freak.” YunHyeong joined, “Yeah, EunAe-ya. I sometimes think you’re more of a pig than Bobby.” The girl and the rapper look at YunHyeong at the same time, pretending to be hurt. “How could you say that to your friend?” Bobby answered. They all just laugh. “Well, whatever. Being a pig feels nice. I eat whatever I want. You want some ramyeon, Bobby?” EunAe nudged Bobby’s arm. The latter only nod while grinning like a kid, following the girl to the kitchen.

“I want some too!” HanBin suddenly decided to join. “Who said that I’m an omnivore earlier? Have you taken a look at the mirror?”

“Yeah~ Okay, sorry, Manager.”

“Pfft~”

“Fine. I am a pig too. I’m not going to say anything about your eating habit, okay. We are the same kind anyway.” They both chuckled. Bobby decided to help EunAe pour water inside the pan, while HanBin sit on the table, watching them cook.

“EunAe, don’t forget the eggs.”

“Ne.”

“The vegetables too.”

“Ne.”

“Oh! Don’t boil them for too long.”

“Ne.”

“EunAe~”

“Geez, B.I! I am doing that entire thing you ask, okay? Don’t worry!” The leader only smirk and then it turns into laughter. “Aniya~ I was just annoying you. I’ll help you do the stuffs.” He got up from his seat and start helping in the kitchen. Once the ramyeon is done, they all gathered in the living room, eating happily.

“Psssh~ I am not the only pig around here, am I? You guys all eat too.” Bobby who is holding a chopstick with noodles inside his mouth laughs. “At least I didn’t say you were a pig. I said you were an omnivore.” HanBin added, also eating ramyeon. “Yeah~ Thank you Leader-nim.” The girl answered mockingly. “You’re still pretty even if you’re a pig.” The maknae said, out of nowhere. EunAe smiled lovingly at him which the latter replied with the same intensity. “Aigooo~ Our maknae-couple.” YunHyeong added. The boys howl like crazy as the two smile awkwardly.

“Oh! Right! I almost forgot this! Did you guys remember the ‘fans’ that attacked you? Something that you remember from them? Like their facial features or something they wear that day?” EunAe asked once they all finished eating. She grabs her phone to note it down. “I didn’t really remember anything…” Bobby said, rubbing his chin, thinking. “I was yank from the back, so I didn’t see her face. But I remember her saying ‘Oppa, neon Nae-ggeo’ (You’re mine) or something like that.”

“The girl who scratched my hand tied her hair in a pony tail. I think her hair was in honey-brown color? She had double eyelids, heavy eye makeup.” DongHyuk added.

“I only see her hand; her right hand. She was wearing a silver bracelet. There is a letter J and M on it, if I am not mistaken. Or was it N? I don’t know. There is J for sure, though.” JunHoe also added his part of the story.

“What about you, leader-nim?” EunAe looks up from her phone, now facing HanBin. He was looking back at the girl. “She was quite tall, maybe as tall as you are. She had blond hair, I think? She also had a snobby look, like ‘bad girl’ vibe.” EunAe nods her head. She then got up from her seat, on the floor, that is, and grabs her bag, ready to head home.

“You are going home now?” DongHyuk pouts. “Yeah. Why?” “But I still want to hang out with my bestie~” EunAe laughs, circling her arms around DongHyuk’s head, pulling it down to her shoulders. “Aigoo~ We still have tomorrow, okay? Besides, it’s already half 11 in the night. I will miss my bus.” She then let him go and waved to the guys.

“Are you sure you are going home alone?” JinHwan asked. “Yup.” “Let me walk you home!” Bobby beams. “No. You guys just stay here and get some rest, okay? You have some interviews again tomorrow and you need to get ready by eight, so wake up at least by six forty-five, okay?”

“Yes, Manager-nim!” They all chorused together. “It will also be dangerous for you walking outside in the night with a girl. So you guys better stay here. I will be back in the morning for breakfast. Want anything?” She added while putting on her shoes.

“MORE PANCAKES.” They chorused together as well. EunAe laughs happily watching their antics. “Okay~ Bye guys!” She waved to the boys which they all waved back. She was just about to turn the door knob when she heard her name being called.

“EunAe.”

“Yes, Junnie?” She turns her body so she is facing him. Her back leans against the door. “Are you sure you can go home by yourself? I know you can… But it’s just… You are pretty and the night is scary… And have you heard the news? Someone got !”

Her face went blank for few seconds before she laughs again. “Is JunHoe being considerate right now?” She arches her eyebrows, looking at him playfully.

“Yes. Yes I am. It will haunt me if I know something happens to the girl I like.” His face serious, showing a lot of concern. EunAe lifts her hands up, patting his head softly. “Thank you, JunHoe-ya. But you know I can take really good care of myself, right?” “I know. But I want to take care of you too, like I said before.” She lets her hand down, sighing. “Right. Sorry if I’m being egoistic again.”

JunHoe grabs her hand, holding it inside his. “You are not egoistic so stop saying that.” She smiles at him genuinely, glad that he’s not offended or mad. “But you still cannot walk me home, JunHoe-ya. It’s not good for your image.”

“But you are more important.”

Her heart stops for a while. Goo JunHoe. He is the blunt maknae that tells her things other guys never did before. “Believe me, JunHoe, you will regret saying that if your fans bash on you.” She smirks a bit, and then grins. “You know I am right, so don’t argue with me, araseo?”

“No. I’ll argue with you.”

“Junnie~”

“Stop calling me that. It made me flutters.” He diverts his gaze to the door, pass through EunAe.

“Junnie~”

“EunAe stop it~”

“I can’t believe the serious maknae just whined.” She laughs jokingly, her eyes turns into crescents. “You can just stay the night here.”

“I have something to do at home.”

“But I will still be worried.”

“Shush~ I will take care of myself okay? Promise.”

“I still won’t let you go home.”

EunAe stomps her feet annoyingly. “Why are you being annoying like that Leader of yours?” “Yeah he is annoying but you liked him, so I thought I should be annoying too for you to like me.” JunHoe smiled innocently. EunAe just stood still with slightly opens, not believing what the maknae had just said. It is a good thing the other guys are joking around and being noisy so they won’t hear their conversation here.

“Fine. I’ll give you an offer.” She finally says. JunHoe looks at her curiously. “Your phone is active, right? I’ll call you once I got home, okay?”

“No.”

“What do you want then?” She crossed her arms in front of her chest, looking back at the guy annoyingly. “Talk to me on the way to your place.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Don’t worry, I’ll call you first. That way I will be sure you are okay on the way there.”

EunAe nods her head in agreement. “Call. Now let me go home, okay?” She was about to turn her body towards the door, when JunHoe grabs her waist and pulls her into a back hug.

“Take care.”

 


 

Author's Note:

I am so so sorry for not updating for a while... TT.TT *cries in a corner*

School stuffs... Yeah, I know, lame excuse. But it is the truth. Kkk.

Finals next week, so I think I would not be able to update until a week or so. Please bear with me guys! I love you~ *throw hearts*

Now that 'MIX & MATCH' has ended, I don't have anything to wait for every Thursday :(

I read it somewhere that iKON got bashed because they said "Thank you for waiting for us." At BigBang's Concert. All the netizens are like "Why should BigBang fans wait for you?" And stuffs like that.

I sometimes wonder why are they so mean. I mean... They are practically newbies at this entertainment world. They are just a bunch of dorks who love to sing and dance their heart out. Don't need to be so mean...

Also, I read some articles about HanBin's Dad got into some money embezzlement scandal. They said HanBin is not supposed to appear on TV because of this. Poor Leader-nim. He had so much on his shoulders already. FIGHTING LEADER-NIM!

Well, enough about my rants, have you guys checked GDXTaeyang 'GOOD BOY'? Quick quick click on the link if you haven't! Kkk.

P.S: Look like there will be JunHoe-EunAe time in the next chapter. Kkk~

Until I updated again! *zooop*