Kim DongHyuk and I

You and Me, Against the World

Previous Chapter

“EunAe, you still do TaeKwonDo, right?” He asked to the girl.

“Yeah. I just got to my second level of black belt last year. Why?” Her answer made the boys chorused ‘Wow’ all together.

“Be our personal bodyguard, EunAe-ya.”

 


CHAPTER 3 -- KIM DONGHYUK AND I

EunAe’s POV

I found myself sitting on a bench. To be exact, this is YG Building’s cafeteria. I’m glad that nobody is here right now, though. Just one YG artist that passed by, and I think I’m going to squeal out of happiness.

I’ve always been a fan of YG Family. It started from 2NE1, than Big Bang, and then just everyone here.

I can say I had a hip-hop blood running in my veins. Mom liked GD, too. She even listened to disco and hip-hop music when she was pregnant with me. She’s really cool.

The boys are always my favorite, though. They are my best guy friends after all.

I went to the same elementary school with DongHyuk. We never talked at school actually, until one day we both coincidentally stayed at school late and our mom picked us up. It was kind of awkward. We soon found out that we were neighbors. His house is across mine.

The first time we introduce ourselves to each other still lingers in my mind like it just happened yesterday.

“Wha-what’s your name?” He asked, feeling awkward.

“Lee EunAe. You’re Kim DongHyuk, right?” I answered, with the same intensity of awkwardness.

“How did you know?” His eyes suddenly turned bigger and rounder. It was really cute.

“You are the class president. We share the same class.”

“Aaah. Right. So your house is across mine? Want to ride the bicycle together on Saturday?”

“Sure. I’ll ask mom first.” I replied back, feeling glad that he’s the more talkative one.

“Mom? You don’t call her ‘Eomma’?” He furrowed his eyebrows, questioning.

“Nah~ She’s half American. Sometimes we talk in English, too.”

“Jinjja? No wonder your eyes are big and pretty.”

We kind of get close after that. When he’s sick, I would give him copies of my notes and vice versa.

Then, there is this time when DongHyuk’s father passed away. He became a bit distant and cold towards others. He was just eight after all. Not knowing what to say or what to do, I just stayed the way I am, while DongHyuk was drifting away from me. We grew apart since then.

When junior high school starts, we got in the same class together. I was late on my first day, and the only seat left was beside him. It was really awkward and burdensome. When school ends, he suddenly grabbed my hand and said,

“Let’s walk home together.”

Walking home with him felt like old times, but it felt weird, too. We haven’t talk to each other for a really long time, and suddenly he reappeared in front of me. He started talking about things, felling sorry that he distanced himself towards others, especially me.

He wanted to start fresh. He wanted us to be like old times again. So we did.

We hit puberty, and I had a lot of pimples on my face. Like A LOT of them. My hairstyle is really weird, I wear glasses, braces and everything. I swim a lot too. The positive side is, I grew taller, but I am obviously sun burned. I am too tanned for my own liking. I don’t really like the way I look back then. I hate it. The only thing that I like was my eyes. DongHyuk said my eyes are pretty too.

Even though I thought that I was ugly, he encouraged me by saying that the inner beauty is what matters. He said that I had that. So I don’t need to worry. He was like the best guy friend I ever had.  

I started TaeKwonDo that year. I thought that’s why all the guys are afraid of me. I had this kind of cold, hard, untouchable, and snobby vibe around me. But actually I am far from all of that if you are willing to know me more.

My mom called of those things ‘being characteristic’ and ‘different’. Different is not wrong. She gave me a lot of advice to be friendlier, though. She thought that I would die a because I don’t have that much of a guy friend.  

As time passed, I soon realized that my mom was right. I started to love myself more.

Time flew really fast; we were in high school already. DongHyuk decided that he will be joining YG Entertainment and not go to school anymore. While me, I went to an all-girls high school. They got better education there. Then he introduced me to s as his girlfriend. Pshhh. That kid~

That time, I came to his house to deliver something from my mom to Mrs. Kim. She was really happy seeing me, ’cause I rarely went out of the house during high school. I had plenty of house works to do.

When I knocked on her door, she was like “Omo! EunAe, you came! Come on in! It’s a great timing, you know? DongHyuk-ie is inside with his band-mates.”

I think DongHyuk heard that.

The next thing I knew, he already wrapped me in his embrace and said “EunAe! I haven’t seen you since forever!”

I swear, this guy liked skin ship a lot. He acted like a teenage girl too when he met me. I don’t know why.

I can still remember what Leader-nim said that time, “You do know that dating is prohibited, right? Unless you date secretly after you debuted or something…” Than DongHyuk and I started explaining that we were not together in the first place. Their face when they got trolled is just precious.

I suddenly feel someone’s presence beside me. The person’s presence brought me back from my thoughts. Even though I’m not looking at him, just by his presence only, I know that it is DongHyuk.

“What were you thinking about?”

“Uhh? Nothing…” I said, not looking at the person’s face.

“Eheeii~ You cannot lie to me, Ae-ya. I know you.” Damn this guy and his smartness.

“Okay. You got me.”

“When did I not? Now tell me what you were thinking earlier.” He fished his phone out of his jeans pocket, playing ‘Fantasy Knight’.

“I was just thinking about how I manage to go this far. Meeting you, being your friend, befriended the boys, and now… Seeing you here, achieving your dream of being an Idol.” I managed to say slowly, almost like a whisper. I rarely cry, but, reminiscing the old times made me feel all emotional.

“Thanks for being my best friend, EunAe-ya. Even though I rarely call you now because I’m too caught up with things, and every time I called, you were either sleeping or doing your university work, you always listened to my stories. Thank you for supporting me since day one. I’m just… I don’t know what to say.”

Awww. He’s being emotional too. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tight.

“Thank you too, DongDong-ah. I’m sorry I can’t be the greatest best friend in the world.”

He soon hugged me back, sniffling. “Aniyoo~ Don’t say such things like that. You are a really cool girl and you are the greatest best friend in the world.” His hug only gets tighter, face buried in the crook of my neck, still sniffling. His game was long forgotten. He was losing anyway.

“Aigoo~ Are you crying?” I tried to lift the mood up.

“Aniyo! I got runny nose this morning because it’s cold.” Pshh. KimDongHyuk. If I cannot lie to you, you cannot lie to me back.

“Okay. Let’s just agree with that.”

We both know the truth that he is trying not to cry right now. He cried a lot more often than me. Usually because of too much thinking about the past, such as, his dad, his life before being a trainee, all of the hard work he’s done until he manage to reach this far, and of course, debuting with the other five boys that he treasured dearly.

“I’m sorry DongDong-ah. I lied to you.” I said while running my fingers on his hair, trying to calm him down.

“What do you mean?” His word comes out soft, almost inaudible.

“I lied. I actually missed you. A lot. I missed all of you guys.” What I said only made him sobs harder than before. “Hey, don’t cry anymore, okay? I’m even not crying right now.” I patted his back slowly, while he released his grip from my body, wiping his tears away.

“DongHyuk-ah, snots are running down your nose.” I gave him a tissue from my bag while he just chuckled.

 


 

Author's Note:

Heeyyy~ I know this has been about a week since the last chapter. Sorry about that guys.

I already had a vew chapters ahead finished, I just need to proof read and re-adjust them a bit before posting it.

I know this chapter is kind of boring, but I need to explain where this 'EunAe' character comes from. Kkk.

For all of you who has subscribed and comment to my story, I am trully thankful ^.^ I really apreciate it! I love you guys a lot.

An Idol is nothing without their Fans, and a Writer is nothing without their Readers, right?